What's the Sin? - Comments

  • Saccharose

    Saccharose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    if people of a faith just kept it to themselves but at the same time offered it up without being pushy, it would fine.

    that door to door business needs to stop. it's borderline stalking.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 12:06am
  • TristSaysStfu

    TristSaysStfu (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I would agree with this article, except for one detail: You singled out Atheist. That took away the entire point of the article. Both sides, Christans too, jump on people for their oppions. You guys aren't the innocent victims here. Neither side is. But you just made it seem like one side was doing the wrong, and that's not true in the least. It almost seemed liked you were saying that it's only okay to preach if you're preaching for a so-called god, and the rest should stay quiet.
    Over all, it was good. That little paragraph ruined it all.
    March 23rd, 2009 at 02:44am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    But I thought FSM was a joke?
    February 27th, 2009 at 02:25am
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Does it matter if someone is an atheist or of some religion? Not really.

    But it does matter that people keep an open mind.

    If you believe that Jesus was the son of God, then good for you.
    If you're a Pastafarian, then good for you.
    If you're following Buddha on the Path of Enlightenment, then good for you.
    If you're an atheist, then good for you.

    But you can't go around belittling someone of a different faith or belief. That starts all sorts of arguments over who's "right." It gets everyone worked up for almost no reason at all.
    January 3rd, 2009 at 02:02am
  • NilDesperandum

    NilDesperandum (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    yes yes yes and yes to this article.
    December 29th, 2008 at 10:19pm
  • Amaranth999

    Amaranth999 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Bullshit. You just went preaching about religious tollerance, and then you went and told us that all of the athiests are trashing people. That doesn't seem very tollerant. Leave the fucking athiests alone and, hell, maybe they'll leave you the fuck alone too.
    (Just so you understand I am in no way biased here, I am not an athiest OR a Christian. I don't like to associate myself with groups, because you idiots start slinging mud at each other in the name of "Religious tollerance" and tell everyone that the other group is at fault)
    December 21st, 2008 at 05:38pm
  • Bad Luck.

    Bad Luck. (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    93
    Location:
    Canada
    I agree with colour me stupid.
    -Too tired to argue about this-
    December 20th, 2008 at 05:12am
  • colour me stupid

    colour me stupid (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I think those crazy Christians who shove their beliefs down other people's throats and those Atheists who attack religious believer are both just over zealous and paranoid. But sadly they, though they aren't a majority, give a bad image to a lot of people. I wish morality and religion could be separate to a point, and that people would judge on good and bad, not by what some people thousands of years ago had to say, because they wrote scripture partially to suit their needs. It's history.
    Sorry, this is a long comment.
    I'm a Catholic too, but I'm very open and tend to be pretty liberal. I think this article was respectful and well-written.
    December 20th, 2008 at 04:15am
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]Geesecks[/b]:
    But it would be nice if the author would look at both sides and not just one. It doesn't matter if the author is Christian or Catholic. The author can still look at both sides.
    I've seen many Christians criticize Atheists for not believing. Christians are as bad as Atheists. Catholics are as bad as Atheists with this stuff.
    Religion is the cause of a lot of fights anymore. A lot of people get into fights over their beliefs. If we didn't have religion then maybe there would be less fights over stupid things like religion.
    December 20th, 2008 at 03:40am
  • Careless Whisper.

    Careless Whisper. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    To people saying the writer of this article needs to look at both sides: I think the reason they focused on the Christian point-of-view is because they're Christian themselves. Not to mention, I myself have not ONCE seen a Christian on this site insult an athiest for that reason. I may have just not been looking in the right place, but honestly? I've seen a LOT of athiests patronize Christians for merely stating they believe in God. And no, the lack of religion in a lot of people's lives is what's wrong with the world, not the other way around...
    December 20th, 2008 at 02:47am
  • MaggAims2Live

    MaggAims2Live (865)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Sorry for the triple post, but I'm commenting as I read the rest of the comments. This is the last one, I promise.

    God tells us not to sin and to be kind to all and forgive openly because that's what moral people do. What's wrong with looking the other way, [i]just_call_me_cookie[/i]? It's only proving that you're the bigger person? If you don't think someone deserves your respect, then you don't have to associate with them, but you can still forgive them,

    MK
    December 20th, 2008 at 12:10am
  • MaggAims2Live

    MaggAims2Live (865)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    P.S. a note to [i]Ramesses[/i], not everyone hates preaching. I think you're confusing a small group of people including yourself, with the rest of the world.
    December 20th, 2008 at 12:03am
  • MaggAims2Live

    MaggAims2Live (865)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This [i]article[/i] was really well written. It showed open-mindedness and respect. That's always important.

    Also, to all of those who think this should not be posted in the articles section, articles [i]do[/i] have to be approve before they are submitted. If whoever is running Mibba didn't think it was suitable for the "Articles" section, then they wouldn't have approved it.
    December 20th, 2008 at 12:01am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I like what Glitter Gun had to say.
    December 19th, 2008 at 11:25pm
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree. People should stop making such a fuss over religion. To me religion should just disappear all together. The world would be a much better place.
    I think that you need to research both sides of the story. You say Athiests need to lay off, what about religious people? If I were to announce there is no God people would yell at me, tell I'm going to hell, throw things at me, etc. Is that not the same thing? You need to look at both sides of the story. Religious people need to respect Athiests as well.
    Some religious people get way too obnoxious with their preaching though. Try to keep the preaching to a minimal and don't push.
    December 19th, 2008 at 11:16pm
  • fairyfeller

    fairyfeller (1655)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    [i]This goes for you Atheists out there... You need to lay off of the criticism of others, no matter what they say of religion.[/i]

    It should go the other way around as well: religious people should respect the views of Atheists.

    I very much agree with you. People should respect other people's believes or non-believes. Yes, people should be allowed to express their opinions, but you don't have to do it in a bitchy manor.
    December 19th, 2008 at 11:04pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    However, if I were to get a megaphone and announce that God didn't exist, I would be arrested, or at least stoned by passers by.

    And yet I often get told I will go to hell unless I attend church, accept leaflets, don't snigger at men with megaphones preaching to shoppers...

    I sound angry. I'm not. I agree, bashing people for their religion is wrong and ignorant. Belief is a wonderful thing, and our freedom of speech is wonderful too. I would resent an atheist who preached at me about the lack of a God just as much as I resent the reverse. Personally, I think it's time we shut up about it ^^
    December 19th, 2008 at 11:03pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    "I am not very knowledgeable on the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for I am a devout Catholic"

    How does that matter? Being a catholic doesn't prevent you from learning about other religions. I'm an atheist and I'm quite familiar with the beliefs of many, many religions.
    December 19th, 2008 at 01:42pm
  • Mystic Dreamer

    Mystic Dreamer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    South Africa
    Thank you so much! you're the best and I'm glad there are people like you out there. Your points are completely valid and you are very right.

    snap I'm also Catholic!
    December 19th, 2008 at 01:10pm
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This is a good article. Whether people despise preaching or not, it's someone elses opinion, you can't change or alter that no matter what you think and believe.
    December 19th, 2008 at 10:44am