Obsession With Being Skinny

Obsession With Being Skinny Many girls have become obsessed with the idea of being skinny; they would do anything to look like the models they see on TV, magazines, advertisements...But do all girls have to look skinny to be pretty?

I think this obsession is partly attributed to the media, which tries to show the best of everything and tell people what they should be like; this is also the fault of society. Many people consider skinny as "pretty", so if you are a little bit overweight no one will think of you as pretty.

I'm not saying that I'm against being careful with your weight; I think it's very important to take care of your body and stay in shape, but this doesn't mean starving yourself to death and harm yourself or order to look skinny.

Some girls also developed a habit of throwing up after meals, which is obviously so dangerous and harmful because it will deprive the body from what it needs to function well and stay healthy.

I was one of those girls who wanted to do whatever it takes to have the perfect body at the expense of the health of my body, and instead of getting the body of a model,I got thinner than it should be; I ended up looking like a skeleton, let alone the mood swings, constant feeling of exhaustion, and hair fall that I had t o deal with.

My point is that we don't have to go to the extreme and make it like an obsession in order to feel confident about the way we look; some people are naturally skinny and some are not, but the most important thing is that everyone should eat healthy food and exercise everyday, this way we can stay healthy and look good.

Latest articles