Love - In My Point Of View - Comments

  • bendjamin44

    bendjamin44 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Australia
    Good evening. I lost my girlfriend a year ago. She cheated on me and luckily admitted it. I decided to break up with her. It was very bad and painful, but I decided it was time to change everything. My friend decided to advise me swingers in Atlanta. You know, it really helped me get my mind off it and find a hobby, so to speak.
    June 19th, 2022 at 09:12pm
  • pelikan65

    pelikan65 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Argentina
    Good evening. I really want love. I am looking for some places where I can feel love and affection I hope I can find such a place. I'd be grateful for any help.
    June 16th, 2022 at 12:06am
  • ev4nbryan

    ev4nbryan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    Very nice, thank you!
    September 11th, 2020 at 01:26pm
  • Unspoken_Lies

    Unspoken_Lies (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Grenada
    So true.......
    Nicely written
    December 26th, 2010 at 07:24pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    kimono2007, please don't apologize. There's no reason to. Authors will always piss off or offend at least one person. Sure, this article probably should have been a journal, but it was very well written and perceptive.
    April 25th, 2009 at 02:31am
  • Toffee_Apple

    Toffee_Apple (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    It was well written and very nice! I liked it!

    OMG, everyone understands love! even 3 year olds! Love is something we chase, but is something we have already, with us always, isn't it? No matter what somebody loves us or we love someone in a crush, family, relationship, pet, land, food, anything really! tremble, i do kinda agree with you but not when you say that 14 year olds dont know love, thats just harsh. some 14 year olds know love more than 30 year olds!
    April 24th, 2009 at 04:34pm
  • amourbomb

    amourbomb (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    this was a good article, i liked hearing your point of view.
    April 24th, 2009 at 04:28pm
  • kimono2007

    kimono2007 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Philippines
    I'm sorry to the people I have offended, or hurt, annoyed or pissed off with my article. I admit that I am inexperienced and my article is unprofessional. I apologize for submitting such material for an article, I know I should've stayed with journals. Love is a big word, and I shouldn't have taken on such subject.

    Again, I am sorry. If there's anyway I could make it up to the people I have offended or bothered by this article, please let me know. Thank you.


    Sincerely yours,
    kimono2007
    April 24th, 2009 at 08:09am
  • Lustythong.

    Lustythong. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    You wrote this well no doubt, however I'm going to take a wild guess at your age here... 14 maybe? Well I'm sure a 14 year old wouldn't know much about love, to be quite blunt. I'm sure your views will change as you get older, I only being 15 can comfortably say that I don't understand love well either.
    I agree with the person below me who said that this should be a journal.
    Though as far as my opinion of love, as of now, would be nothing. I don't believe in it, and though I think it's just another word for something else (possibly a very deep friendship), I just think that all of that "You can only fall in love once", and, "I'll never love again", is just BS. Complete and utter BS. Also I don't think that "love" is the closest thing to magic that we have. To be honest I just think that there's so much more to life than just chasing a boy, or worrying whether or not he loves you back. If love (as you stated) is the closest thing to magic we have, then happiness, joy, friendship, and everything else of the sort would be too. They're all desired emotions, and things that people will spend their lives chasing, and once you find it I'm sure the feeling is just indescribable; sound familiar to love?
    Then again that's my opinion, and what you wrote was yours.
    April 24th, 2009 at 05:39am
  • ciao bella.

    ciao bella. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I strongly disagree with most of what is in your article. For example,
    [i] That’s the principal reason why attention-seeking emo people emerged.[/i]
    Although I am not what you would classify as “emo”, but in fact far from it, I still find this incredibly offensive. It implies that people who are sad and feel like nobody loves them are just saying that for the attention, and that none of them have deep psychological reasons to feel the way they do. And that’s simply not right.

    [i] It’s hard, but it’s easier than being a jerk crying over someone who doesn’t even see you.[/i]
    Love is not a light switch, you can’t just turn it on or off at will. It comes and goes on its own. You can’t just turn it off when it’s convenient for you.

    [i] Remember that there is no such word as “loved”.[/i]
    Case in point: “I loved my friend, but then he changed, and I no longer love him.” Or “I loved my dog, but it died.”

    Honestly, your article seemed much more like a journal. It was full of figurative language and that jazz, which is really good, but not for an informational article. No offense is intended by any of that, I asure you – I was just getting my opinion out there since there were not so many commenters addressing specific parts of your article.
    April 24th, 2009 at 04:32am
  • cruel intentions

    cruel intentions (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    This is really deep...but I'm one of those girls who are not looking for love and who do not believe in it.Love brings pain and heartache.I've seen my mom go through pain and heartbreak with my stepdad and she's still going through it.I've seen my grandmother go through both with my grandfather.Same with my dad and his girlfriends.Same with my uncle and his girlfriend and same with my brother and his girlfriends.So mainly I believe that love only brings you more pain than you need in your life.
    April 24th, 2009 at 02:27am
  • paralleldimension

    paralleldimension (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I loved the last line. It [i]is[/i] the closest thing we have to magic. Magic rules. =)

    This didn't feel like an article, and it made my eyes glaze over. It was very descriptive, yet I found myself getting bored. Next time, try condensing a bit more. I agree with It's In The Blood, it feels like more of a journal.

    Keep writing. It's the only thing that keeps us all sane. =)
    April 24th, 2009 at 01:08am
  • FMLYHM Zacky

    FMLYHM Zacky (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Love is truly the closest thing to magic. Something that you can never truly define.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 10:57pm
  • Light In The Tunnel

    Light In The Tunnel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Something in your tone started bothering me around the middle of the article. It seems somewhat like you may have never been in a relationship, since you seem to think that people can bounce back and find someone else very easily. It's not that simple. If you love someone, I don't think that it's as easy to move on as your article seems to think. This may be my unprofessional, inexperienced opinion, seeing as I'm a "loveless" or have one-sided love according to your article, but if I'm right, maybe others will agree. Just wanted to put my opinion out there.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 08:02pm
  • twateye

    twateye (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I, personally, don't believe in love. I think it was a device created by bank managers to make us all overdrawn :).
    I just think it's a concept that can ruin your personality and your emotional state, but I won't question those who claim to be in love.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 06:24pm
  • False Masquerade.

    False Masquerade. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Nobody is able to answer the question when do you know you're in love. because its different for different people.
    I would know.
    It hurts especially when you realise you've been in love with someone for the past four years and only just realised. It hurts, but we all have to accpet it...anyways,,good.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 06:08pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I've got to say, this was really more of a journal. You wrote well, I've got no problems there... but really, defining love isn't news-worthy. Not unless you've found a new chemical responsible for the whole thing and want to tell us all about it.

    So yeah, not an article.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 04:50pm
  • icey1001992

    icey1001992 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Aww this really made me sad for some reason...but it was very nicely written :]
    April 23rd, 2009 at 04:13pm
  • dexter

    dexter (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Argentina
    This really made me think.

    Nicely written. (:
    April 23rd, 2009 at 03:36pm
  • sad day?

    sad day? (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    How true.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 03:01pm