This Is So Far From The End - Comments

  • Idiot-By-Choice

    Idiot-By-Choice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    thank god someone has said something about this. I've tried once. im the kind of person that pretends nothing anyone says hurts, but somehow it all gets stored up and one day i blow up if someone says "You look funny." my best friend was cutting/scratching herself and it was horrible. she kept threatening suicide. one day me and my OTHER best friend went and told the school counselor and then cried the rest of the day. so please people listen. this isnt a joke!
    June 9th, 2009 at 02:43am
  • The Cow Says Moo

    The Cow Says Moo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I also agree with fool's paradise but you have to consider yeah that person needs to feel better but what about the people who just went through something like that or who's thinking about doing it and doesn't want to see something like that. I've never lost someone to suicide but enough people have died in my life for me to realize that it hurts horribly and causes damage to family and friends. Whenever I see someone joing about suicide I go an ask them if they know what suicide is. Depending on how they answer me, snottily, sneering, joking, knowing, or with pain, depends on how I answer. Usually though,to my anger, they answer with the tone of the first 3 and I tell them that suicide is the death of a human, the loss of a life, and the pain of a family and not to joke about it.
    June 7th, 2009 at 03:48pm
  • TAiRAxLoVESxYoU

    TAiRAxLoVESxYoU (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    nice article.

    i understand how you feel. and how the other girl feels.
    i used to be emo but i had to stop once my parents found out.
    my mum put me in this deep depressions.
    i found my closest friend and broke down crying as i told her my story.
    [[ill maybe write a book about it........ theres a long lists]]
    and she told her best guy friend
    and he would always make fun of me the next day
    it made me cut more
    and it made me feel lost and unwanted.


    this is terrible. how would YOU like it if u were upset and someone kept making fun of you?

    this one girls grandma died and she was devistated, and her friend was like "people all die. get over it"
    June 4th, 2009 at 04:04pm
  • Lulu Falconeri

    Lulu Falconeri (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    good articale, glad there are other s who feel the way i do about it.
    my class is so disgusting..they make fun of people who aren't like them and they will do that sort of stuff. it really sickens me becausei grew up with something like that and have had to live with it. thank you for putting it into words. *hugs*
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:42pm
  • fluffylova

    fluffylova (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    Very good article, glad there are some people like you who take things seriously ^^
    June 4th, 2009 at 09:52am
  • Modern Zero.

    Modern Zero. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This was a really good article.
    I've often thought a lot about this same subject in school. I don't think people understand that when they pick on someone all the time, that causes a lot of damage. I remember my social studies teacher in 7th grade, she told my class about how this boy in her school would get picked on all of the time and how she never really said anything or stood up for him, and he ended up commiting suicide. I think it's important that if there is someone who is alone and who is getting picked on, to reach out to them and to try and be a friend to them. Sometimes friends are the best thing that someone could have and I think it is the best medicine and cure for depression.
    June 4th, 2009 at 06:13am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I'm glad there are at least a few people who take things like that serious anymore, though most of the world population has lost more than a few brain cells in their caring department nowadays.
    June 4th, 2009 at 01:53am
  • kattattack!

    kattattack! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I've tried.
    Twice.

    It's ridiculous that people can even joke about when they don't really know what it's like. I've seen someone threaten to kill himself because I wouldn't break up with my boyfriend to go out with him. Needless to say, I'm still with my bf and I'm not friends with the kid anymore.
    It's not a joke, and I try to stop it when I hear people joking about it.
    It's not funny. It's a human life at stake, and if someone is so hurt that they can't see a way out of anything, they need help. Even if it's just a hug from someone they don't even know, it can change so much.
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:44am
  • Zombie.Highway

    Zombie.Highway (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I have known three people personally who have taken their own lives and it isn't a laughing matter.
    You can't stop the people from joking though, it human nature to make fun of things we don't understand.
    But I think you should talk to that girl, you may make a new friend or your hello might just brighten her day.
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:43am
  • Freaka.

    Freaka. (220)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I think I need to cuddle someone in need now.
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:28am
  • Light In The Tunnel

    Light In The Tunnel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    If I saw someone making fun of it, I'd glare at them, or possibly go over and tell them to quit it, that it's very serious.

    I doubt they'd listen, but at least I'd have tried.
    June 3rd, 2009 at 09:46pm
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    Agreed with Fool's Paradise. Occasionally I'll joke about it with friends.

    Though not right now, and not for a while, since my friend just attempted suicide yesterday for the fourth time. So it really just depends on the time.
    June 3rd, 2009 at 08:05pm
  • xXGreyWingsXx

    xXGreyWingsXx (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Hmm, I agree with fool's paradise.
    And it'll probably always be like that...
    Sounds like this girl needs a friend - why don't you talk to her?
    Not in a goody-goody [i]spill the beans[/i] way, but in a kind of, [i]would you like to hang out?[/i] way.
    I tried it recently with random kid and found I actually enjoyed talking to them.
    It's tough to do the actual walking-up part though.
    June 3rd, 2009 at 06:13pm
  • fool's paradise

    fool's paradise (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    A well stated article.

    But, you know, sometimes people make jokes out of things that upset them to feel better. You have to be wary of both sides.
    June 3rd, 2009 at 02:40pm