What Is Ugly?

What Is Ugly? What is ugly?

What is ugly? Is ugly how much make up you wear? Is ugly how pimples you have? Is ugly is you have freckles, or scars? Is ugly weather your eyes are blue or brown? Is ugly pale skin, or is it if you brushed your hair in the morning? Is ugly if you brush your teeth?

My sister, I would classify her as stunningly gorgeous. But you have to look hard: her face is often streaked with mud, or blood; she has scars all over her legs from picking at bug bites, her pants are often too short, displaying her ridiculously thin ankles. She’s like a stick figure: all skin and bones, but tallish. Actually, she is short, but her proportions make her look 5’7”.

My grandma had this dress, and it was her size. So we combed her hair, and washed her face, and put her in the dress. She has long blond hair, and tan skin. The peach-colored dress looked amazing on her; it gave her slim figure curves, but she didn’t look fat, not in the slightest. We told her there if her dream of an actress didn’t come, no one could blame her looks.

As I remember this, a boy is sitting next to me. He’s short, and has dark skin, and black hair. Some might call him fat, but he’s more muscular. He has brown eyes, and thick eyebrows. His lips are full, and his face looks like one of a young child. Is he ugly?

There’s a girl across the hall from us. She has blond hair about to her shoulder-blades. I can’t see her eyes, as her back is to me. She turns around, but I still can’t tell what color her eyes are; she’s too far away. Her cheekbones are of an average height. She wears a brown V-neck shirt. Her breasts are small, and she has a medium waist. Her pants are blue strait jeans, and black flats. She’s probably 5’7”. Her nose is long and thin, her skin blotched, as if she had been outside on a cold morning like this one, but otherwise she was reasonably tanned for northern California. Her makeup is that of a confident woman in her early twenties. Is she ugly?

Is ugly how tall you are? Or how wide your hips are, maybe the size of your waist? Is ugly the size of your ears, or the shade of your hair? Is ugly how low-cut the neck of your shirt, or how low your pants come?

I’m listening in on a conversation. I can’t really know what their talking about, but I catch the black-haired one saying “I told you she was ugly. I want to know how she won him, as he doesn’t like girls that wear that much makeup.” They're both Latino, and they are wearing heavy eye-shadow, and I’m wondering why they're being so hypocritical. I’m also curios why they called their friend ‘ugly’. And mostly, what they meant by it. What kind of ugly?

Latest articles