Fighting Parents

Fighting Parents Divorce is common in our society, but fighting parents are even more common. You talk to a teen about their parent and nine times out of ten they'll say their parents fight constantly. They might even go so far to say it seems like they don't love each other any more. Many parents that fight cause stress to the entire family.

Children whose parents fight might be filled with doubt and worry about their life styles wondering if their parents are going to get a divorce. This can lead to worry about what else in their life can change. If there is one good thing about divorce it's the certainty about what's going to happen, with your parents just always bickering, you don't have that certainty.

Teens are also trying to do things, like cleaning the house or mowing the lawn, to try and keep their parents in good moods. Sometimes they take care of their younger siblings trying to shield what's happening to their family from them. It hurts anyone that knows and hurts the others more when they find out.

When parents fight it can lead to loud arguments that could keep the children in house up or wake them up. It can lead to too little of sleep if it happens too often and can cause poor peformances in school or sports. If the adults fight get too far one of them might leave the house or sleep in seperate rooms. It's not the most pleasant thing to see your mother or father on the couch first thing in the morning.

Parents fighting in this article means constant raised voices, disagreeing, not speaking, etc. Not one or two heated arguments. This doesn't mean parents can never fight or disagree, nor does it mean they completely have to hide their arguments, but wouldn't it be better if their fights didn't turn into shouting matches that shook the roof in front of the kids or if you didn't have to wake up and see your mom or dad sleeping on the couch?

Latest articles