Fighting Parents - Comments

  • NanananaSomerF

    NanananaSomerF (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    my mom and dad got divorced when i was.... 4, maybe five? my dad pushed my mom down and took her keys and threw them in the yard, and took off in his car with me and my little brother over his shoulders, and took us to our grandparents house and ran in the basement and locked the door behind us, and all i can remember was my brother kept grabbing me and crying and screaming, "where's mommy?".i can't remember the rest and am so glad that i can't. my mom got re-married to this guy a few years ago *inbetween she had my sister*. for two years before she got married i was their mom. i got them up in the morning and ready for school while she drank and got wasted. i cooked them dinner. i did everything. then she got married to my stepdad. he would ALWAYS tell, and he'd punch holes in the walls and break stuff like cabinets and doors. one night he came home and he was high and he smashed through the 2 inch glass window on the back door and started screaming "April Johnson!" *my mom's name* and she was out. when her and her friend got back, he grabbed the house phone and broke it, and when my mom and her friend got their phones out he threw them on the ground, and grabbed the computer chair and started to hit my mom's friend with it. then he got on top of her and started to hit her. i called the cops- my mom's friend was beat up, and my mom was bleeding in a few places, and the cops came.

    the court ended up giving him a 10 year restraining order against my mom.

    and my mom hates me for it, at least a little bit i think.


    it felt nice to get it out (:


    life sucks, doesnt it?
    August 12th, 2009 at 05:05am
  • MMS1108

    MMS1108 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Okay for the statisic thing I was just going from personal experience, I asked ten of my friends who's parents were still together and nine said that their parents fought a lot. I asked them to do the same to other friends and the average at the end was nine. Sorry if it didn't seem accurate or anything. I couldn't get anything online that was consistent.....
    July 21st, 2009 at 12:12am
  • radical

    radical (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    And what if you're in my case, when your parents didn't bicker? Or even let on they were divorcing?
    Who made that statistic?
    July 20th, 2009 at 06:23pm
  • she had the world.

    she had the world. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    My parents have been divorced for about 11 years now and they still talk trash about each other like they're the ones in high school and I'm the adult.
    -___-
    July 20th, 2009 at 07:08am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    [i[You talk to a teen about their parent and nine times out of ten they'll say their parents fight constantly.[/i]

    ...And where is that statistic from again?
    July 20th, 2009 at 05:58am
  • FlowrPowr

    FlowrPowr (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    You might want to rethink your closing sentence, it doesn't make too much sense to me, and it's not a good idea to start or end an article with a question. Other than that, you made some excellent points, and the article was well-written. Well done!
    July 20th, 2009 at 05:32am
  • Tlisia

    Tlisia (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I remember my uncle taking me for a day out when I was about 4. I asked him if we could wait to go home another half an hour, because they'd have stopped arguing by then. It was that easy to time.
    I wish they had got a divorce, to be honest.
    They actually hate each other. At 18, I actually hate them for it, in a way. They made my childhood miserable, forcing my (much older) sisters to move out so that I had to face it on my own. Because people were always in bad moods, even for a small thing like knocking over a drink, you'd get yelled at. There was never any understanding. I was actually diagnosed with depression at 9 because of it.
    I was a terribly bad tempered child, but I've learned to control it now. I remember the resentment I felt when they tried to discipline me for it. What can parents expect of a child they raise in a household where the only form of communication is conflict?
    July 20th, 2009 at 01:09am
  • armageddon.

    armageddon. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    My parents have been divorced for two years - they were constantly fighting, which caused a lot of depression in the household... I remember right before my mum moved out, my grandma had to come sleep on the couch to keep them away from each other, because the cops were called three or four times within one week. And I'm not exagerating :/
    July 20th, 2009 at 12:13am
  • glitterguts

    glitterguts (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    My mum and dad always used to argue, but I was too young to help or try to make it better.
    They got divorced when I was three and are both re-married but they still argue alot and it just blatantly sucks.
    July 19th, 2009 at 10:46pm
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I like this article, but it could have been written a little better.
    I grew up with my mom and stepdad fighting. They're getting divorced now, but everything is still hell.
    Thanks for putting this out there.
    July 19th, 2009 at 10:27pm
  • Inkweaver

    Inkweaver (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Neutral Zone
    Nicely done. Some adults don't realize what their fights do to us. I can thankfully say, my parents aren't always fighting (of course there's the occasional arguement).
    Just wondering though, where did you get your info from?
    July 19th, 2009 at 07:00pm
  • AMANDAbroken

    AMANDAbroken (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    My rents need a fucking divorce. :/ They won't admit it though.
    July 19th, 2009 at 06:59pm
  • The Sacrifice

    The Sacrifice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    My parents fight a lot. Pretty much every Thursday or Friday I can always hear them screaming at each other at one in the morning. I've stayed up till three am on a school night last year becasue they were fighting so bad.
    July 19th, 2009 at 04:50pm
  • TheHeroinDiaries

    TheHeroinDiaries (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I remember being like, 4 and my parents were fighting..screaming at each other..my dad was holding me, then he put me down and stormed out of the house. They've been divorced ever since :/..
    July 19th, 2009 at 04:22pm
  • Midnight Ruby

    Midnight Ruby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    my parents divorced when i was two so i don't really remember them fighting
    July 19th, 2009 at 10:46am
  • Sharksnacks.

    Sharksnacks. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    my parents fight a lot and rarely they physically fight
    July 19th, 2009 at 10:34am
  • Jack Skellington

    Jack Skellington (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    My parents are always yelling at each other. And my dad usually punches the wall. They always threaten to leave each other, too. I almost failed 9th grade because of their constant yelling. It's always my dad who blows it out of porportion. But my mom starts it over useless shit.

    This was a good article. :)
    July 19th, 2009 at 10:23am
  • Kataclysmical

    Kataclysmical (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    My mom and dad fight sometimes, but mostly it's just my dad who's yelling to himself about the house or something. When he drove me to school in the morning, he would sometimes tell me how my mom doesn't do something or how she's stupid. It always would ruin my morning. It basically all led to me hating my dad most of the time.
    July 19th, 2009 at 09:29am