America's Hypocritical - Comments

  • MMS1108

    MMS1108 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Okay I don't knoow if other people do this when they write an article or not but I comment back saying what I think about the comments so here I go. One- I DO have family over seas. Don't believe me? Give me your email address and I'll send you pics. Two- I never said that violence was never needed. What I did say is that sometimes we take it too far, and it you got the wrong picture sorry for the miscommunication. Three- I didn't mean to generalize although I realize I did a bit. Sorry for that, but no matter what everyone's at least a little hypocritical at somepoint, if you say you aren't your either a liar or you will. Four- As some people said it wasn't IRAQ that bombed us, it was Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia.
    August 21st, 2009 at 04:10am
  • Grave_Dancer

    Grave_Dancer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Dude, you just generalized the whole population of people in America. Which makes YOU look bad. Just because our last president decided to start a war for many different reasons, doesn't mean that every American is hypocritical. In fact, I hate hypocrites, which in turn, does NOT make me a hypocrite.

    Your stupid.
    August 19th, 2009 at 03:51pm
  • Blood_Raven

    Blood_Raven (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but was it really our fault that a bunch of idiots FROM the middle east came over and crashed 3 planes into the U.S.? If you didn't know there were actually 3 plane crashes then let me tell you, they crashed one into the pentagon my friend. All those people that died had families, now their families are suffering cause some idiot hates american because we have FREEDOM, and WOMAN HERE ARE RESPECTED!

    Unlike over in the middle east, woman there are hit, killed, murdered, by men, and your saying we have to get out of their business? Thats just as bad as letting them get away with killing our people! I don't know why you HAD to post this with America being hypocritical, but please, we all know we made our mistakes, and yes sometimes we may have repititions of what the Roman Empire collapsed to.

    (If you don't know, it was that they economically collapsed)

    I'm sorry, but we are over there for a good reason. Some people may not understand that, but the people's whos loved ones DIED in the twin towers or the 3 planes do understand that. You can say I'm wrong all you want, but that just means you have to OPEN your eyes and actually pay attention to REALITY instead of the dumbass news who think they know everything about that war and that its "wrong".
    August 18th, 2009 at 05:34pm
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Oh, I forgot.
    He was also killed. So, yeah, something has been done about it.
    August 17th, 2009 at 08:11am
  • YourAlcoholicGrandma

    YourAlcoholicGrandma (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    Honestly, I like this article, alot.

    I don't have the answer to what the states was supposed to do about the attacks, but i know that the terrorists killed alot of people, innocent people, but sending more people over to their place to die can't really help anything. I don't know what made them do it, but invading their country and killing them off isn't going to make them never kill anymore Americans, instead it will give them a reason to kill more. Revenge is powerful, politicians are stupid, and i feel for everyone who has to go to war, whether they kill or die or are maimed for life, which is far worse then dying.

    If you think violence is the answer, please get off your computer and get your revenge on the bad guys. Just try to make sure your killing the bad guys and not every innocent civilian who has the same colour skin and hair as the bad guys.

    Again, good article...
    August 15th, 2009 at 09:20pm
  • Djinnverso

    Djinnverso (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Sometimes violence is the only answer. Not ALWAYS, but sometimes. Plus, they were the ones who attacked US first. (Well, not the country. Al Qaeda and those crazies like them did.) And I agree with Insanity. I have a cousin over there too.

    And its also true; our troops have wronged and have been punished for it. It's called 'Court Martial'. Most people have heard of it.

    I know, we (as a country, I mean) [i]do[/i] commit violent acts, but only when necessary. We don't just bust into a country, say 'Hey, stop what you're doing, get it straight or we'll blow you to Kingdom Come.' Most of the time, we stay out of other countries' business unless they hit us.

    Even though Jesus said 'Turn the other cheek,' we can't really turn the other cheek when so many people have been killed in an attack!
    I don't think anybody would be very happy with us if we just said, "Oh. You hit us with a bomb and killed three thousand people. Oh well. Come on, America, let's clean this up."
    August 8th, 2009 at 02:56am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]The Master.[/b], erm, is the capture of Hussein and the end of his reign really [i]nothing?[/i]

    People say that all we're doing over there is getting oil, and blowing people up.
    While, yes, we may be getting oil, we are also building schools, hospitals, and helping people there. [i]My brother[/i] who went to Iraq and only came back last year, who is going back again, told me this. Is helping them really nothing? Is it?

    The Al Quaeda did terrorize Iraq, whether you know it or not, when America came and started war with them, Iraqi people were no longer subject to what they put them through.

    I suggest you read [i]A Thousand Splendid Suns[/i], my good mibbian.
    August 6th, 2009 at 06:22am
  • Ann Willis

    Ann Willis (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Yeah, no one ever said life is fair. People do things that are unjust or contrary to what they say they believe. Hypocrites exist not only in America but every where and have for centuries. Shocking isn't it. And yet life goes on...
    August 1st, 2009 at 08:44am
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    People exist.
    Therefore, money, wars, and hypocrisy all exist.

    I quote Rhett Butler from [i]Gone with the Wind[/i], "All wars are sacred. To those who have to fight them. If the people who started wars didn't make them sacred, who would be foolish enough to fight? But, no matter what rallying cries the orators give to the idiots who fight, no matter what noble purposes they assign to wars, there is never but one reason for a war. And that is [b]money[/b]."
    August 1st, 2009 at 01:48am
  • The Master

    The Master (15)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    IRAQ has NOTHING to do with the terrorism bullshit that the US was embroiled in.

    AFGANISTAN and SAUDI ARABIA do.

    Yes, Hussian did bad shit but so have many others in the world that NOTHING has been done about.
    July 31st, 2009 at 06:56pm
  • waits.

    waits. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    thatsnotmyname!

    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    July 31st, 2009 at 06:35pm
  • musical addict

    musical addict (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    The US invaded Iraq so they could tap into the middle east's oil reserves. The bombing of the twin towers was just used as an excuse.
    July 31st, 2009 at 02:54pm
  • The Master

    The Master (15)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    [b]onewaytothecross[/b]

    Er, what?

    Iraq had relatively NOTHING to do with 9/11. It was mostly Saudi Arabian/Afganistani Muslim extremists who blew up the Twin Towers.
    July 31st, 2009 at 01:39pm
  • SuperDevil

    SuperDevil (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Let me tell you why there are still U.S. troops over there: for capitalism and resources. If you know somebody that's in the armed forces and is in Irag, ask them if they ate at McDonald's, Burger King, Chili's, Sonic, and et cetera. The obvious answer is no. Before the Twin Towers fell, family members of the Bin Laden family had businesses in the U.S.. George W. Bush and Osama Bi Laden were "friends" and had each other's backs. When the Twin Towers fell and the U.S. invaded Iraq, those businesses profited from the aftermath - they still do to this day.

    Al - Keida didn't even have anything to do with Iraq. Fourteen of the 16 terrorists that high-jacked the commercial airplanes were Saudi. Saudi Arabia is the number one seller of petroleum and the U.S. is the number one buyer of it. So when the invasion of Iraq commenced, Saudi Arabia became even richer than it already was.

    As to the fact that the U.S. is very intimidating; it depends on who is waging war on the U.S.. America is not as intimidating to China, Russia, North Korea, or Pakistan as it is to Iraq or any of those countries. The Russians are a lot better trained than the Americans. China has a lot more troops than the U.S., and they are willing to sacrifce themselves for victory. Pakistan is one of the hearts of the black market, so they can get their hands on anything. Sure the U.S. has allies like the United Kingdom, France, and et cetera, but I highly doubt that if there was a third world war the U.S. would be victorious if it was attaked directly.
    July 31st, 2009 at 11:26am
  • NanananaSomerF

    NanananaSomerF (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    thatsnotmyname! nailed it. they got it exactly right. obviously u have no idea what ur talking about.
    July 31st, 2009 at 07:22am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]thatsnotmyname![/b], [b]Shiznit[/b], and [b]Brutaldoll_Ink;[/b] pretty much spoke my mind.
    July 31st, 2009 at 01:45am
  • Koofee

    Koofee (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Mexico
    Great article. First off I'm not American,I'm Canadian(although my great grandfather was from West Virginia), but I have been following the war going on in Iraq. Yes there are other countries who have started pointless wars as well but there is no reason for the American soldiers to be in Iraq. One may argue it's only because of 9/11 but that was almost 8 years ago. Yes it was very tragic and I was sympathetic but come on! 8 years! only about 2,500 people were killed I believe and over 40,000 Iraqis were killed over it. go into the shoes of someone who isn't American. You'll realize that a lot of people don't think America is "The best country in the world." you'd be shocked by how many people are Anti-American because of some of the things The U.S. has done.
    July 31st, 2009 at 01:02am
  • aluminum foil

    aluminum foil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Don't talk about something you obviously don't even understand.

    If the U.S. hadn't invaded Iraq, even more innocent people would have been murdered. They are [i]terrorists[/i]. They do not have an allegiance to any country, they do not care who they kill. Under Saddam Hussein, do you even know how many more civilians were killed regularly?

    They don't like us there because we are [i]American[/i], not because we are killing them. And by the way, the bombings you hear about? Pay more attention. Because the majority of those are suicide bombers, not American bombers.
    July 31st, 2009 at 12:54am
  • oneway2thecross

    oneway2thecross (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    ok first Iraq declared war on us because they blew up the twin towers. and second we delcared war back to the people of the US safe.
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:56pm
  • Saccharose

    Saccharose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    which is probably why we are the easiest target.
    -done-
    July 30th, 2009 at 06:24pm