Sad Reality - Comments

  • Cerbera.

    Cerbera. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    You are right in a sense. But just know this, people always want what they don't have. Perhaps what they are trying to do is just to become better. Whether it is about appearances, abilities, or characters. Every time you see someone who is more outstanding than you at a certain area, remember that you will always think "Oh, I want to be like her".
    August 27th, 2009 at 07:35am
  • xxshadesofgray

    xxshadesofgray (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    And i think kate moss is ver y pretty, but so is Queen latiffa (sp?) and Jenifer hudson (they are both 2 of my faveorite celberitys) I think selena gomez, taylor swift, and raven symone are all very pretty too.
    August 21st, 2009 at 09:12pm
  • xxshadesofgray

    xxshadesofgray (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    i see more people now saying skinny people are ugly/unhealthy, but i am naturaly thin, and people are saying i am anorexic and a bitch behind my back when i dont even know them! i like my body but i hate the way people make me seem unhealthy and anorexic- i am not!
    August 21st, 2009 at 09:08pm
  • The Reverend Twitch.

    The Reverend Twitch. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    No one is perfect.
    Nature is perfect, man on the other hand is not
    August 16th, 2009 at 06:01pm
  • the.ignorant.one

    the.ignorant.one (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Vanuatu
    Eh. I dont feel like that. And I honestly don't really care if other people do. They should just suck it up and deal with how they look. God gave them that body and they should appericate it. Not twist it with plastic.
    August 15th, 2009 at 09:30pm
  • aluminum foil

    aluminum foil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    The idea of this was not very focused. It should have been a journal
    August 10th, 2009 at 08:13pm
  • PhoenixAngel

    PhoenixAngel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Personally I don't get why people thibk Kate Moss is beatful, I wouldn't even call her petty. It a sad truth, that people just can't accept who they are and they no such thing as perfect.
    August 10th, 2009 at 03:18am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [i]I've come the conclusion that Western ideas of beauty is an impossible standard for most women and is anally raping other cultures and their ideas of how women should look.[/i]

    [b]Anally raping[/b]? Seriously? Lmao.

    People want to be beautiful, and it's only natural that we set a standard for what is beautiful in society. You can't deny that skinny, long-haired, pale Americans are beautiful. People, women, want to be that. They want to be admired: Everyone does.

    Besides, it's not exactly America's fault for what women in Japan, Korea, etc do. They choose it. I'm pretty sure that over there, the common standard of beautiful is different, but to other women there, they see America's standard as the true beautiful. Is that America's fault? No. Is it the celebrities fault for looking the way they do? No.

    I agree with you, variety is wonderful, exciting. But to the modern world which we live in, which tribes in Africa do not, certain varieties are not beautiful.

    Which brings me to my next point. Things will always change with the times. Hell, in the eighteen hundreds, you, as a woman, were not allowed to ponder such thought-provoking things. You were to serve your man, and care for the children he gives you. Is it like that now? Maybe to some women, but to most, no. We have to accept that things will change with time. Everything will, including the standard of beauty. People, women especially, will [i]always[/i] strive to reach that standard as long as we have one set, and most likely, there will always be one.

    You also must take into account that America is not the only one with a standard of beauty. Every place has one. America, being such a well-developed country, is the one that is looked to most, but that is only because of the progress we have made. Would you take all of that away just so the standard of beauty would no longer seem as important? It would be a foolish thing to do.

    And not all of it has to do with the fact that we want to look like celebrities. Some of it, like anorexia, is simply a disorder. If there weren't skinny celebrities on every magazine cover, there would [i]still[/i] be girls suffering from anorexia and bulimia.
    Sometimes girls feel ugly because of what the people around them say, not because of what they see. That's was the case for me for a long time. You can take away every gorgeous celebrity and erase them from our minds, but a vast majority of women will still not be happy with how they look.
    August 10th, 2009 at 12:52am