Suicide - A Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem - Comments

  • MMS1108

    MMS1108 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    You're an idiot. Let's just start off with that. I've come close to suicide many times and you know what I would have, but do you know the only thing that held me back- I hadn't published my book. That's it, I hadn't published the book I was writing. Not my family who was never around, not my friends who never noticed something was wrong, not school even though I had straight A's, and not anything else except my book wasn't published. When you get so low that you don't feel like anything's worth living for you just want the pain and the dissappointment to go away and when you've tried everything. You only have the option to kill yourself and for few of us that have the bravery to do it, because I'm not sure I ever will, Good Luck and I hope that I'll see you on the other side.
    June 17th, 2009 at 11:51pm
  • AnonymousSoul

    AnonymousSoul (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I have wanted to before but never realy been able to hurt my family in that way, I wanted to release my self pain and not cause pain in other people lives. Calling suicide selfish and a sin is very bad indeed it makes people who consider it wrong and bad and it spurs them townrds suicide, why call it selfish is a person trying to rid themselfs of pain selfish.
    December 3rd, 2008 at 07:04pm
  • Ms. Mothersound

    Ms. Mothersound (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    A sin? A SIN?! Suicide isn't a SIN! It's sometimes, okay, and believe me, if I was suffering because my bf dumped me, then you know what I wouldn't kill myself over it.

    I AM the girl you decribed, basically, and I'm perfectly fine. Suicide is not a SIN, it's just selfish. It can be okay, but it's a bit selfish, don't you think??

    This article made me sick, and you have absolutely NO right in this world or the next to tell everyone that they're being SINFUL!
    (Sorry I almost quoted you, katie1994)
    August 17th, 2008 at 11:51pm
  • katatonic

    katatonic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    No offence but this article is stupid! some people cant take what life has given them! so who are you to say that what they do is a sin! people take their own lives into THEIR contexts you have NO RIGHT what so ever to tell them they`re being sinful!
    August 10th, 2008 at 08:26pm
  • Penguin.

    Penguin. (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I know it's easy to say it's selfish and stupid and that it's easy to aviod it, but it isn't always, is it?
    When I was really upset I told my friend I had been cutting myself, to try and get help, but it dosn't always work.
    She shouted at me and told me I was na idiot and it was easy to stop cutting and feeling the way I did.
    It's not.
    Yes I have stopped now, but the times when I have tried to kill myself (which I havn't for a few years thank god), it hasn't been an easy desision and they havn't been temporary problems, even though it's been a few years, some of them i still have to face everyday.
    I know it's painful for those left behind, I've known people that have killed themselves, adn I admit it hurts, but before everyone bashes it, hounestly think about how the other person feels.
    Some-times telling some-one dosn't make it better, so really, even though I don't agree with it, not evryone can get out of some situations, like being raped constantly or other situations.
    Not everythings that easy...
    July 6th, 2008 at 05:11pm
  • RememberMonday

    RememberMonday (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    "Suicide is a sin" which genious came up with that?

    That's just stupid... great, make the depressed kids feel worse about something they're thinking about/getting ready to do.

    And are we honestly blamming the suicide victims for the pain they caused their family? Is the family/friend so ignorant that they can't notice the negative change in their friend/sibling/daughter/son?

    I dont' support suicide but come on people... Think about the suicidy for this.

    I just had to get that out in the open.
    May 10th, 2008 at 01:38am
  • Time.For.Bullets.

    Time.For.Bullets. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i agree
    there's no good reason for suicide!
    trust me on that
    quite a couple of my friends have tried suicide and fortunately it never worked
    i've been trying to help them but they just keep trying and trying!
    sometimes i feel hopeless myself
    i feel depressed and that no one understands me
    but that's normal for me!
    im not suicidal either
    i have cut myself in the past though and i regret it deeply
    but some ppl think its the only way but its not!!!!
    April 23rd, 2008 at 05:46pm
  • iMeanieFace

    iMeanieFace (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    a lot of us teenagers these days feel depressed. sometimes we do think suicide can help but I know it wont, i have thought suicide a lot lately from my family problems down to friend problems. Not being able to handle the stress lately has lead me to cutting and I dont like it
    April 18th, 2008 at 08:47pm
  • Ballettgirl4544

    Ballettgirl4544 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, your article is close to making me cry! (It almost did when I read that, that one girl died) :*(
    March 15th, 2008 at 08:18am
  • Hannah!

    Hannah! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I really have to get this out.
    A while back, about late November to mid December, I felt really depressed. Sometimes I felt like everyone was against me, or I felt jealous with my sister, or I was frustrated with a few certain people at school, or I was disgusted with my body and myself. Sometimes I just woke up sad and angry for no reason. There was this one time, I was alone in the kitchen. I was staring at these knives, and I swear, I would have killed myself right there, had my mother not walked into the room. I was walking towards the knife and I reached for it. I was thinking about slitting my throat and blood dripping on the floor.
    Now that I remember that, I can't believe I was actually so set on killing myself. I'd always been such a strong believer in the fact that suicide is not the answer, and there I was, about to blow it. I'm so thankful my mom walked in. She's what stopped me.
    Somehow I lived through everything. I just got over it eventually. I'm so glad that I didn't give up.
    January 6th, 2008 at 01:52am
  • BETH bites.

    BETH bites. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Good article, very well written. Personally I absolutely hate the idea of suicide, as more than one of the people I truly care about have said they wanted to kill themselves. Slightly hypocritical coming from me, as I used to self harm, but my friends have things to live for, when people who commit suicide actually have nothing to live for. Am I right...? I don't want to yell at people for something they want to do.
    January 2nd, 2008 at 12:59am
  • Kill City

    Kill City (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    63
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I've thought about suicide MANY times. But I would never do it. Caus I know for every happy moment I have, there is hope. Things pass. Sometimes they don't, but you have to keep fighting. Don't just let that chance of happiness pass you by, no matter how hopeless it seems.
    December 23rd, 2007 at 06:09pm
  • whatsername_

    whatsername_ (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Sweden
    a good article! it was very good.. i agree with sammy!
    December 23rd, 2007 at 08:44am
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I don't ~support~ suicide or anything dramatic like that, but it would be idealistic to assume all problems are temporary, some things just can't be fixed. Suicide isn't the answer, but thinking "all my problems will go away eventually isn't either" You have to learn to deal with them.
    November 28th, 2007 at 02:43am
  • mankind's last hope?

    mankind's last hope? (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    41
    Location:
    United States
    a very poignant and important article that all should read and learn from.
    November 27th, 2007 at 12:32am
  • waits.

    waits. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I absolutley agree.

    Another good thing to do is look to the future.

    As a person who considered suicide, I'm EXTREMELY grateful now that I didn't swallow that bottle of pillls, because I'd be missing out on some great things.

    Just remember that depression is a season in life, and that, in most cases, it will pass.

    And in the teenage generation, so many times it's "in vogue" to be depressed or suicidal.

    Which is CRAP.

    Depression and suicidal thoughts are NOT something to be taken lightly.

    Anyhoo, thanks for this article. It was swell!

    =)
    November 26th, 2007 at 03:54am