Is Islam a Violent Religion?

Is Islam a Violent Religion? The truth is the religion of Islam is very peaceful and pacifistic. Most of the propagated representations of the Islam community are indeed violent but what it is not showing is the story behind the Islam religion.

The cause of the violence goes back thousands of years. After the founder of Islam, Muhammad passed away, there was no predecessor assigned and a great quarrel began between the family members. Eventually they split into two groups the Shiites and the Sunnis. Both still continue to fight today over territory and rightfulness.

As for the religion of Islam itself, it has five pillars required to join. One is declaration of faith and that Allah is the only God. Two is say five prayers a day; three is pay a tax to the poor. Four is to fast during the day of Raminan and five is to visit Mecca once in your lifetime. Demonstrated by the five pillars Islam is not a religion intended for violence or corruption.

The tragic even that occurred on 9/11 was thought out and carried through by extremists of Islam who interpreted the Qur’an to their own liking. Sadly because of these extremists, most think that all Islamic people are terrorists that will not stand for American infidels who are not Islamic. The fact of the matter is that it is an understanding religion and not a discriminatory one.

So is Islam a violent religion?

Absolutely not, only extremists and the media make Islam out to be a violent and terrorist controlled religion.

Latest articles