The Pros and Cons of 'Emo Music' - Comments

  • Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=http://www.warriorsbetting.com/viewtopic.php?p=1873#p1873>Great Onlne Casino Tips</a> c4e7037
    September 29th, 2023 at 07:07am
  • I'd rather listen to what you defined as 'emo' music that as actual depth to it than 90% of the mindless pop garbage that gets played on the radio.

    Example:
    It's funny how a man only thinks about the BEEP
    You got a real big heart but I'm looking at your BEEP
    You got real big brains but I'm looking at your BEEP
    Girl there ain't no pain in me looking at your BEEP

    Seriously, doesn't that make you cringe?
    March 1st, 2009 at 08:38am
  • Oh, and i forgot to put that subject aside, the article was fairly well written; better than most of the crap on here. I do appreicate you trying to show both sides, and i do know that emo is the best one to pick during these times because of the controversy over it.
    So even though i do not agree with your infromation/ article topic
    Nice job, I would like to read more of any article you write.
    July 10th, 2008 at 02:33am
  • i apologize,
    but i think this article is kind of...well, stupid. I hate to say it though, because in a sense it's not.
    All i can see you describe is not a genre in particular, but any kind of genre. All types of music have there "oh i'm so sad i can't take this" songs, though i will admit emo to some who don't listen to the music that much would take them as having more to do with it. Some "emo" or "Screaming emotional" music makes fun of death. The "emo" music encompasses all sides of the "emotional" range, including sad, depressed, anger, and yes, the big shocker, happiness.

    People tend to forget/never learn that emo was shorthand for screamo. And that screamo was in turn shorthand for "Screaming emotional."
    Simply put, for people that like to hear music with people screaming in it. Nothing specifically due to death, or suicide, or horror or anything like that. Just your average genre.
    July 10th, 2008 at 02:30am
  • I agree with Carbon.Copy. I don't like to listen to other mainstream pop/R&B artists, and I listen to only two types of genres, but I'm not close-minded. My friend listens to only a few select genres, he's not close minded.
    P.S.
    I am not flaming anything or criticizing anything. If you did get offended by this comment, then, sorry.
    July 2nd, 2008 at 10:15am
  • emo is short for emotional. so if music wasn't emotional, what would it be? it would just be words with no meaning. without the emotion in the music, would you listen to it?
    June 30th, 2008 at 05:12pm
  • October.Leaves:

    If you would read the first FOUR WORDS of my statement you quoted, you would notice that I wrote 'Any type of music'. Perhaps you should try to read the statement before you try judging it.
    June 8th, 2008 at 05:35pm
  • "Con:
    Any type of music can also cause a person to think that the one type of music they listen to is better than the rest. Especially when they listen to that one type 24/7. Emo music can raise a kid to be very close-minded."


    I would have to disagree with that statment, music doesn't make you closed-minded, your environment does. I personally listen to mostly alternative/emo/heavy metal ect. and I am not closed-minded, at least I don't believe I am. To pin it on music to make you closed-minded is just to find an excuse. I've met people who listen to the same genres of music I do, and they are closed-minded, so why am I not?
    June 8th, 2008 at 04:47pm
  • "Any type of music can also cause a person to think that the one type of music they listen to is better than the rest. Especially when they listen to that one type 24/7. Emo music can raise a kid to be very close-minded."
    >> Couldn't this be true for ANY type of music, not just emo?
    June 7th, 2008 at 10:57pm
  • Holy shit. I'm going to have to bring in a link for this one....

    http://www.quizilla.com/user/Rock.N.Roll.Vietnam/journal/862806/hey-emo-yeah-im-talking-to-you/

    Thank G-d for friends who know what they're talking about and know how to word things in incredibly detailed ways!
    June 7th, 2008 at 06:28pm
  • Oh, and if you're sick of hearing about Emos, then don't read this article. It's quite simple.
    June 6th, 2008 at 05:52pm
  • Oh, dear God. I'm so sick of hearing about the damn emos.

    Who cares anymore, really?

    Emo sucks, end of story. And if it wasn't for some moron making a shorter form of the word "emotional" we wouldn't even have it.

    "Emo" is just the product of some lazy idiot that didn't want to say emotional all the time. Thanks a lot, world.
    June 5th, 2008 at 08:50pm
  • Emos > Whiney kids with an excuse.
    June 5th, 2008 at 06:05am
  • Well, that was sort of pointless. I think we all know about Emo. Not to mention that applies to all music.
    June 5th, 2008 at 04:36am
  • First of all:

    I didn't really think mibba needed another article about Emo anything, really. I just felt I needed practice at writing an article that isn't TOO biased. [Which is very hard to do. You can't be completely un-biased about anything.]

    Second of all:

    I also made comments that every genre has pros and cons. I just picked this genre because it is the most controversial.


    As you can tell, I'm a beginner at writing articles. With practice, I'll be able to write more important articles.

    Oh, and the definition I gave was completely from UrbanDictionary, NOT from me.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 08:57pm
  • another emo article...?
    June 3rd, 2008 at 05:56am
  • the article seems a bit biased =/
    June 3rd, 2008 at 12:27am
  • omgosh! this is pros and cons for every music! and emo is not a sub cutural were every1 wants to kill them selves! i don't want to kill my self i love life!... sometimes.... but i nere think of suiside!
    June 2nd, 2008 at 01:10pm
  • Aren't all those pros and cons for ANY type of music?
    In fact, that's for everything involving art... -_-

    I'm getting tired of this trend of trying to read every little thing emo. Just let it go.
    June 2nd, 2008 at 07:19am
  • Emo is really just music, damnit. That style 'emo'? It's not really a sense of style. Nor is it a state of mind. ):< Emo music is not the problem, neither is that so called emo trend. What is the problem is parents, friends, and lovers. If you scientist people wanna know some real problems to why kids are commiting suicide, then ask them. Well, not as an adult. Have a kid ask. Anywho, emo music and that so called trend is not the problem.
    June 1st, 2008 at 09:42pm