Obama Assassination Threat - Comments

  • Andi Romanov

    Andi Romanov (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Isn't it sad that we have to say we're gonna assassinate the [u]president[/u] before we get law enforcement attention?

    "I'm going to kill my biology teacher."

    *shifty eyes and sigh*. Yup.
    November 5th, 2008 at 10:57pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Buddy Holly, I have to disagree with you.

    Modesty is not about totally covering your body. Modesty, in the dress sense, is using discretion to ensure you don't make a fool of yourself and come off as promiscuous. (In other words, modesty is not dressing like a slut.)
    [i]I[/i] am modest and I'm not a Muslim. And though you didn't imply anything like, "Non-Muslims are immoral", I just thought I would go ahead and dispute the notion that you have to be of a certain religion to be conservative.

    You say that it's a common misconception for people to think Muslim women and men are not equal but it's not really. Not to me at least.

    Is it [i]equal[/i] for Muslim women to have to be escorted to go grocery shopping?
    Granted, life in the Middle East is different from here in America.
    However, that being said, I recall a case in which a Muslim women was separated from her shopping partner and raped.
    Is it [i]fair[/i] that [i]she[/i] was punished? that her tormentors were given hardly anything more than a slap on the wrist?
    To me, that is not equality.
    August 11th, 2008 at 01:56am
  • gleek

    gleek (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Squirrely.Kassi, that's not true.
    Some extremist idiots are like that.
    But Muslims believe in equality of the sexes like everyone else... some may get the perception they're unequal because Mulism women are taught to be modest about their bodies.
    I'm a Muslim, and I know it's a common misconception.
    August 9th, 2008 at 01:11am
  • Squirrely.Kassi

    Squirrely.Kassi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    The difference between Muslim and Christian is,
    I do believe in the Muslim religion women aren't equal to men...
    But that's what I think,
    I'm not making a statement or claiming it is...

    As for Obama,
    I feel bad for the man,
    He's being elected because he's black,
    and he's being Assasanated (Sp?) Because he's black,
    It's a damned if you do,
    and a damned if you don't... lol...
    August 8th, 2008 at 10:50pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I would like to point out this was not an assassination ATTEMPT, but an assassination THREAT. Some of the comments seemed to confuse the two..
    August 8th, 2008 at 05:07pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Personally, I think the United States is going down. Our education is not the best, our money is losing value, etc.

    We need an honest president who will tell us like it is. We need someone like Truman who will stick to what he said even if he has to go through Hell for it.

    Obama, McCain....I just hope the best man for the job wins.


    Oh, and yes, it was predictable that Obama would be threatened.
    Great that the author of the article reported it or I would have never known.



    For the record: Florida is not Southern. Pretty much, once people cross the Georgia-Florida (or the Alabama-Florida) border, they enter the North again. Florida is largely considered "not Southern" by Georgians.
    August 8th, 2008 at 04:23pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    The only reason why I hope Obama gets elected is because we're gonna be fucked thrice if McCain gets in there.
    August 8th, 2008 at 03:28pm
  • castle.

    castle. (2000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    Not all that surprising.
    Especially if he wins, there's going to be attempts.
    But then again there's also going to be a lot of security surrounding him at all times.
    August 8th, 2008 at 09:32am
  • mackenzie.

    mackenzie. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Who cares if Obama was Muslim?
    Do people not realize how similar the religion of Islam and Christianity are?
    Just because there are islamic terrorists doesnt mean the whole entire religion is bad.
    There are Christian Terrorist groups, does that make all christians bad?

    And dont even say that America is a christian country and therefore needs a christian president; our country was based on the idea that all religions and ideas are equal.
    August 8th, 2008 at 08:56am
  • Flynn Rider

    Flynn Rider (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Guam
    My dad and I made predictions about Obama being assassinated if he won for the Presidency..
    August 8th, 2008 at 08:21am
  • dexter

    dexter (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Argentina
    My mom, weeks ago, somehow managed to predict this.
    As much as I'd love for Obama to win, I don't think he will.
    August 8th, 2008 at 07:05am
  • Born on the Cob

    Born on the Cob (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Korea (North)
    I have a feeling if he's elected, he will get assasinated. This really doesn't surprise me. I really don't want him as president though...
    August 8th, 2008 at 06:13am
  • SomeGirlOnTheNet

    SomeGirlOnTheNet (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I guess we'll just have to see whether he is going to be president, if he gets assassinated and by whom. And it is my [i]personal[/i] opinion that he was an ex-Muslim.
    August 8th, 2008 at 03:45am
  • SayMore

    SayMore (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Part of me feels that Obama will get assassinated if elected. There is still so much hate and so much racism in this country, and still so many die-hards and extremists.
    August 8th, 2008 at 03:30am
  • gleek

    gleek (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I really hope Obama wins.
    Jackasses like that man who made those threats need to be proven wrong.
    August 8th, 2008 at 02:36am
  • aimless_ramble

    aimless_ramble (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    its really sad when u expect this kind of stuff to happen...
    what can i say? its a risk he knew and was willing to take.
    August 8th, 2008 at 01:18am
  • Edward Cullen14

    Edward Cullen14 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with WeAreTheLost all the way.
    It has nothing to do with him being ex-muslim!

    Even if he was! Gosh people grow up! And Jessi it has nothing to do with that, it kinda of does but doesnt. Because that man also threatened to kill Bush. Did you know that apparently not.

    Watch the news, he threatned to kill bush too.
    And he deserves to be president. He is a great man, with great expectations.

    I think he will make an excellent president.
    So many complain. Complain about Bush and Mcain, cause Mcain is for the war as well.

    So if you dont want anyone being president, let it be him. Besides, you can tell, hes going to die any day soon it seems like. His doctors and etc say he has something wrong I think to.
    August 8th, 2008 at 12:54am
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    "After all, Obama (Being the probable upcoming leader of the U.S.A. and an ex-muslim)"

    Obama was never a muslim....
    August 8th, 2008 at 12:45am
  • SomeGirlOnTheNet

    SomeGirlOnTheNet (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Sounds credible, but I believe that if Obama gets assassinated, it'll be by a Muslim extremest group. After all, Obama (Being the probable upcoming leader of the U.S.A. and an ex-muslim) is basically the devil to them. Though, for these reasons, Obama is upping his security. Unless someone changes their mind, it'll cost $30,000 a day in tax dollars.
    August 8th, 2008 at 12:38am
  • x.Jessi.x

    x.Jessi.x (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Wow. You know, I would've thought this would've happen sooner.


    And to [i]WeAreTheLost[/i] a lot of people in Southern States don't want a black president because they still have ever much so KKK infulenced.

    And I don't want Obama winning, hes only been in poltics ofor 5 years, and had no service to the United States.
    August 8th, 2008 at 12:12am