Oprah Fans Thrashing Obama? - Comments

  • Spanx.

    Spanx. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Turkey
    I don't think it really matters. Oprah has power on the society and she is using it. It's kind of logical, if you'll ask me.
    Obama can't do anything even if he wants to. There is a system in every country and no president can push those limits, then they won't be the president. I mean Obama just made a change by being the first black president.. And it's a big change, if you'll ask me.. But no one can expect anything more than that.. Cause that's how it works..
    September 6th, 2009 at 12:12am
  • villa

    villa (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    15
    Location:
    Canada
    And now that I actually think about it...Obama hasn't made that much change.
    June 19th, 2009 at 03:41pm
  • towers

    towers (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I actually think it's a great campaigning tactic.
    Obama is pretty low in the poll numbers for White, Middle Aged Women, especially since Sarah Palin is now McCain's VP.

    And who watches Oprah?
    White, Middle-Aged Women.

    I'm sure there are a lot of people unhappy with Oprah supporting Obama, but I'm also pretty sure those are the women who aren't going to vote for Obama. They're the hockey-moms who love Palin. Honestly? No big, Obama wasn't going to get those votes anyway.

    But for any middle aged women who watch Oprah that are still on the fence, it might be a great way to get their vote. Honestly, average american's aren't exactly the smartest in the bunch. Believe me, I live in a town where the average people don't even know who Sarah Palin or Joe Biden are. So if an average women who watches Oprah sees her on TV with Barack Obama, they might vote for him simply because they like Oprah and she supports him.

    This might sound cynical, but I'm just being realistic. Unfortunately, too many people vote without being informed. It's too bad 17 year olds like me who are actually informed and who care can't vote. Ugh!
    October 23rd, 2008 at 12:14am
  • untamedsoul

    untamedsoul (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    oh one more thing, i think the whole campaign is getting a little petty. It seems like both candidates are just trying to make each other look bad. I'm sorry are we in the 8th grade. Just tell me what you are planning to do, and how you are going to do it.
    October 12th, 2008 at 10:57pm
  • untamedsoul

    untamedsoul (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with the last quote in the article. I think since this generation is not always well informed and isn't all the motivated to vote. I think she is just trying to emphasis the importance of the election. However, she is over doing is which is think is sending out a message that she is undermining people's abilities to think for themselves. I haven't monitored Oprah's efforts to support Obama. But i do understand, that when people over do certain things, or try to put too much effort into things, it makes you question the validity in their statement, and it can get annoying.
    October 12th, 2008 at 10:53pm
  • Squirky

    Squirky (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    "I like Oprah too. And I know she has the right to support whoever she wants, but she is taking it a little far sometimes.

    I however, absolutely do NOT support Obama. Some of the "changes" I know would not be good for this country. Not to mention he won't even salute our flag, so why the hell should he get to be president of this country. Plus he's changed his mind back and forth, back and forth. And spends WAY too much time trying to make McCaine sound bad, just like he did with Clinton. He just has gotten on my nerves big time since the beginning. But of course Oprah has a mind of her own, and has every right to support him, if she wants to."

    I agree 100% with 'blueangelsvntn'. You make a great point! I also find it funny that McCain's VP pick, Palin, is more experienced than Obama. That is 9 years more experience than him.

    I believe that McCain is the best choice as the next president of the United States of America. I also believe that Obama would be better off as a ‘motivational speaker’. He'd be great at that!


    And just so you all know, I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I do not choose a candidate based on what party he/she belongs to. I choose that candidate based on who is better fit to be the leader and the president of my country. I listen to both sides with an open mind, and do my best to see their point of view.
    September 5th, 2008 at 04:25am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I don't like either Obama or McCain. McCain is just literally a copy of Bush, and Obama is another Democrat who thinks giving out free money to poor people will help the economy. They got poor somehow, dumbass.
    September 1st, 2008 at 08:36pm
  • blueangelsvntn

    blueangelsvntn (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I like Oprah too. And I know she has the right to support whoever she wants, but she is taking it a little far sometimes.

    I however, absolutely do NOT support Obama. Some of the "changes" I know would not be good for this country. Not to mention he won't even salute our flag, so why the hell should he get to be president of this country. Plus he's changed his mind back and forth, back and forth. And spends WAY too much time trying to make McCaine sound bad, just like he did with Clinton. He just has gotten on my nerves big time since the beginning. But of course Oprah has a mind of her own, and has every right to support him, if she wants to.
    August 11th, 2008 at 07:59am
  • The last Dagny

    The last Dagny (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    first off i do like Oprah winfrey.

    but Barrack Obama is inept. He wants to "change" but what is it exactly that he wants to change in america? He's all about change but her never clarify's what needs changing in his opinion.
    August 11th, 2008 at 01:07am
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Oprah supporting someone wouldn't be taken quite so badly if Americans actually thought for themselves. Many Americans, I think, are too heavily influenced by the big guys.

    Personally, I don't care who Oprah wants for president. If she wants Obama then she's entitled to declare that opinion. Yes, she is a "big guy" and because of that some Americans will be put off, or swayed, by that opinion.
    August 11th, 2008 at 12:31am
  • Sheautiful

    Sheautiful (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    53
    Location:
    Zaire
    let oprah do her thing. You don't have to follow [i] everything [/i] she does.

    It is her opinion and you may have your other different opinion.
    August 10th, 2008 at 09:05pm
  • The High Priestess

    The High Priestess (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    hey at least Obama is doing better than McCain.We don't need a ANOTHER republican ruling this country again.
    Let Oprah do what she wants.She American too ya know.
    August 10th, 2008 at 08:11pm
  • electricgirls.

    electricgirls. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Leave Oprah alone. She has her own opinion and can support and tour with whoever the hell she wishes to.

    I agree with horsie890. I'm sick of Obama and McCain and all their bullshit.
    August 10th, 2008 at 06:53pm
  • horsie890

    horsie890 (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I'm sick of hearing about both of the candidates, honestly. I say we elect Colbert and be done with it.
    August 10th, 2008 at 06:25pm
  • oscar wilde;

    oscar wilde; (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    She's done so much good, yet people choose to highlight the only thing they can possibly be unhappy about, concerning her. I think it's great that she's supporting Obama. She's not shoving him down anyone's throat. She's just stating hers. Good for her! Let people think what they want.

    Thing is, if she wasn't supporting anyone, there'd be people complaining that she wasn't giving them any guidance election-wise. One way or another, someone's going to be annoyed. So let her do what she wants! No matter how many people look up to her, she's still only human. She's got to be able to do exactly as she wants sometime, and doesn't she deserve it ?
    August 10th, 2008 at 03:02pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    She does let people form their own opinions, she's just strongly stating hers. Good god people.
    August 10th, 2008 at 02:40pm
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    She has the right to befriend anyone she pleases. So I'm happy for her.
    August 10th, 2008 at 12:22pm