Stephen Colbert for President Only In South Carolina

Stephen Colbert for President Only In South Carolina Last Wednesday reporter and host of the Comedy Central show The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert, announced he would be running for president. The major differences in his campaign are probably the oddest in the country. He is only running in South Carolina. Not to mention he is also running as both a democrat and a republican.

After the release of his book, I Am America (And You Can Too.), Colbert went on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and announced that he would consider announcing he was running for president. On the same night on his own show Colbert did announce he was running for president in South Carolina. He said he would be running as a favorite son, a person from that state so no other state would really care about him.

He also declared he would be running as both a democrat and a republican. As a democrat his name is Hillary Clobama. As a republican his name is Mitt Guliani.

Colbert is also being sponsored by Doritos, but since he cannot legaly use the money for his campaign he is using it for his own show that reports on his campaign. He decided to call it "Hail To The Cheese Stephen Colbert Nacho Cheese Doritos 2008 Presidential Campaign Coverage." Coverage was added when he found out he could not use the money to directly fund it.

After the New York Times asked both the democratic and republican party Executive directors were asked the both said that they had gotten calls from Colberts people about being placed on the ballot.

If Colbert keeps this going, who knows? We may have a Comedy Central host and former writer for Saturday Night Live as the president of the United States.

Latest articles