House Proposes New Combined Health Care Bill - Comments

  • What I love is that they were talking about how states could "opt out" of the public option, but they still have to pay the taxes involved. Pay taxes and get health care or pay taxes and get no health care? Hmmm...

    Sometimes the government makes me laugh. XD
    November 1st, 2009 at 07:55am
  • Thank you MistressSimone =]

    Well, I would hope that my readers were able to figure out I was talking about the House of Representatives based on this being political news, and the fact the governmental House proposes bills, not a TV show. =]The title was long enough without adding in unneeded words.
    October 30th, 2009 at 09:41pm
  • The title confused me for a second. At first, I thought you were talking about House the TV character. To clarify, you should put "House of Reps" at least, if not "House of Representatives" as to not confuse your readers.
    October 30th, 2009 at 07:59pm
  • You did probably the best and most unbiased job of summarizing this new bill that I've read in all the "news" that's been flying about lately. I really like the fact that I was unable to tell what your personal opinion is on the subject--that's the mark of good journalism, and I applaud you for it.

    This is a very difficult topic, and probably one that not many young adults are very interested in, but the effects of so many uninsured Americans are extensive, and the impact on our economy is staggering. Many people are one illness or injury away from bankruptcy, and people who are not able to work due to health issues can't contribute to the economy. The status quo is simply not viable any longer.

    It will be interesting to see the outcome of the vote.
    October 30th, 2009 at 07:14pm