Pennsylvania Victory for Clinton

Pennsylvania Victory for Clinton As far as the elections, Clinton appeared to be winning for quite some time, however for some time she lost her momentum to the second Democratic candidate, Barack Obama.

After losing several primaries in a row, she finally won in Ohio, Rhode Island, and Texas, she has started to gain back some of her momentum. These victories, especially Texas and Ohio, were important to her presidential bid, as she would have been too far behind in the delegate count and had to drop out.

On April 22, elections took place in Pennsylvania and as expected, it was a Clinton victory.

Senator Barack Obama already felt Pennsylvania would be a loss for him, although he had not expected a large margin. He said he could handle the loss.

It was estimate her victory would be approximately 60% to 40%, although 60% of the new votes there decided to vote Obama. Over half of the new voters, however, believe that the election is too heavily based on race and gender.

Her victory was by about 60%, as predicted.

After gaining the support of more superdelegates, Obama is still leading in the delegate count at 1,653 to 1,513.

In the Philadelphia area, more voters are registered as democrat, regardless of whether they're new voters or switched from Republican or Independent. This means that for the first time, Democrats are the majority in the area. In the past they had a 2 to 1 lead.

Latest articles