Croatia's Lawsuit Against Serbia Finally Taken In Consideration - Comments

  • helen

    helen (415)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Croatia
    Agreed.
    I think someday the hatred will disappear because I don't think the young resent them anymore.

    Thanks for the compliment :}
    May 30th, 2008 at 01:12pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    "but I still doubt Serbia will ever be convicted"

    I agree with you, sadly I don't think they'll ever formally be held accountable for their actions. It's not fair, but it's likely to work out that way. As for holding grudghes against Serbs, I don't blame them by any means, but it's something I hope stops eventually. Holding grudges only creates tension, and it often holds the wrong people accountable. Elie Wiesel has a quote I really like, he said "Only the killers are to blame, their sons and daughters are not." And I totally agree with him, of course his quote was meant for the genocide during WWII, not this one, but I think the same principle applies. Just like all germans aren't to blame for the Holocaust, all Serbs aren't to blame for this genocide, but that isn't something you can expect people to practice over night.

    I forgot to compliment you earlier, this is a very well written article. Smiley
    May 29th, 2008 at 10:50pm
  • helen

    helen (415)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Croatia
    Yes, I know. But I still think it's kind of hypocritical that we're not suing Montenegro too. I don't have anything against them, from what I've seen they're nice people, but they wronged too.

    And regarding the lawsuit, I'm happy that things are finally going somewhere, but I still doubt Serbia will ever be convicted. When I remember other trials, especially the one for Srebrenica genocide, I lose faith. I know that the evidence wasn't strong, but come on, we all know they did it. Now, I'm not saying we were playing saints throughout the war, but they're not showing any remorse. And that makes me very angry.

    Also, even though Croatian government said that they forgave them and whatnot, people here are still bearing grudges, especially against the Serbs, and frankly, I don't blame them a single bit.
    May 28th, 2008 at 08:29pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    [i]Are they really worthy of the 'forgiveness'?[/i]
    If no one forgives them, then the victims have to hold on to their anger and no one can change. I think the lawsuit is perfectly justified though. Forgiving them doesn't mean ignoring what they did really, just dealing with it.
    May 27th, 2008 at 08:36pm
  • helen

    helen (415)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Croatia
    Digging up the remains of genocide victims.
    May 26th, 2008 at 09:07pm
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    What are they doing in that pic?
    May 26th, 2008 at 07:56pm