The Future Of Exercise... In A Pill? - Comments

  • fearthefurby

    fearthefurby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I'm getting irritated by the insensitive comments too. Not every person has good conditions in which they can do whatever they want if they're overweight. It's nearly impossible to slim down if you're genetically over weight or have diabetes. Also not everyone has the money or time to go to the gym or do other things, and this can be affected more by being embarrassed by insensitive people that have the image of fat people stuffing their faces imprinted in their minds. You don't know the conditions, so you can't group people together like that. I know personally from a family member having diabetes, that losing weight and maintaining a healthy life style is incredibly difficult. While the pills are not the answer, it gives a starting point. People slim down, they have better self esteem, and are physically capable of doing healthy amounts of exercise regularly. They can build up their bodies from that point.
    It makes me sick, how people that these conditions don't affect, are so narrow minded that anything but themselves have to be stupid, and disgusting or something.
    Also, I don't see how these pills will speed up the end of the human race quicker, even if it is just exaggeration for the reading effect, it doesn't make sense to me. Sorry, that's all I wanted to say.
    September 9th, 2008 at 01:32pm
  • ella vator.

    ella vator. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Well if this is our future I'm afraid to see what else scientists will come up with.
    August 29th, 2008 at 06:35am
  • Hayley

    Hayley (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    As people below have mentioned, muscle is just as important.

    Besides, going to the gym and exercising gives off happy hormones. It also makes you physically tired so you sleep better at night. Being slim isn't the answer to life's problems.
    August 20th, 2008 at 10:20am
  • ForTheLoveofReptar

    ForTheLoveofReptar (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I don't beleive that most of the diet pills work but it is a sad fact if all the lazy fat people would get of their butts and do the work on their own we wouldn't need any of that crap.
    August 9th, 2008 at 02:48am
  • Rachelish

    Rachelish (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    Sorry for commenting again, but i just became incensed by reading the comments below, well some of them.

    Fat people do not stuff their faces with food! It actually takes eating the amount your stomach can comfortably hold to even begin to loose weight. It is about what is put into your body, not how much, although this does effect it. Also did you ever stop to think that some overweight are [i]embarrassed[/i] to excercise? I was until i decided that I didn't care what the fuck anyone thinks but i suffered the insolent comments.

    Sorry but this is a touchy subject when people just accuse all fat people of shoving there faces with food! I admit most people do, but that's because they give up on themselves....
    August 4th, 2008 at 12:46pm
  • Rachelish

    Rachelish (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    I think the pills should be monitored by doctors. The pills wont replace excercise around the world, but hopefully save many morbidly obese people, as well as those with diabetes. Of these people whom have diabetes, the very young and the very old would benefit as they cannot exercise very much.

    Also I think those that are fit now, and the amount of those who use the gym will not change because well, nothing can compare to the feeling of doing a good hours workout.

    Personally i would love this "drug". I would continue to use the gym because it makes me feel excellent but it would stop the angst, depression and sadness i feel at being overweight. Also i think that those who use this drug should be taught how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    August 4th, 2008 at 12:41pm
  • The Reverend Twitch.

    The Reverend Twitch. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Yes, tested it on.. Mice.. Animals that crawl around... Mice have a faster metalbim rate than humas do. If people want to be thin, fucking walk eveyther, instead of driving, catch a bus once in a while, and for god sake... Stop eating so much FOOD. You know there are people starving out there and all you can think about is stuffing your goddamm faces with food and now, you are shoving pills down your throat what MICE have ate?! When will epole learn the way to get fit is to fucking do it properly, not follow some mouse that is the first mouse in hisotry, to suffer from anorexia!
    August 3rd, 2008 at 08:49pm
  • Dreaming in Color

    Dreaming in Color (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Singapore
    Whats with scientists and pills? If there's a problem there's a pill formed solution . It's sorta funny if you think about it...
    August 3rd, 2008 at 11:47am
  • Dasha.

    Dasha. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I completely agree with the three people below me. I had the same the opinion while writing this article. Get up and exercise. That's the best way to loose weight, get healthy and treat obesity
    August 3rd, 2008 at 07:05am
  • Reggae Hit LA

    Reggae Hit LA (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    it's not exercise if you're not developing your muscles. furthermore, if the mice who this pill was tested on had been sedentary, I doubt any real results would have come of it. all it does it help the body burn more fast and calories in a shorter time spa.
    there is no quick fix for exercise. just get off your fat ass and go for a walk.
    August 3rd, 2008 at 06:15am
  • Moonlit_Runner

    Moonlit_Runner (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with the person below me
    August 3rd, 2008 at 01:28am
  • lisamargaret

    lisamargaret (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    That's pretty pathetic.
    I mean, I understand it's purpose for those who aren't physically able or whatever.
    But simply because Americans today are too lazy to exercise? That's ridiculous. Get off your lazy asses and do something for a change.
    August 2nd, 2008 at 05:57pm
  • Spencer Smith

    Spencer Smith (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    If a small amount is used, I'm sure these would be okay?
    August 2nd, 2008 at 05:23pm
  • Pigment Stains

    Pigment Stains (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Estonia
    it burns calories and maybe has some effect on endurance, BUT, maybe i didn't pay much attention, but here's the big Q: what about the muscles? Having little fat doesn't benefit you much, well, of course, you're lighter and sometimes even prettier, but thats it. Muscles are important too, its not just being skinny and slim.
    August 2nd, 2008 at 03:31pm
  • mia bell.

    mia bell. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    100
    Location:
    Australia
    I'm unsure on the subject. Sure it would have a lot of negatives but why not look at the positives too?

    People with severe obesity that is genetic and can't help it would have a chance at a healthy and normal body. Diabetics too.
    August 2nd, 2008 at 02:29pm
  • sansa.

    sansa. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    It sounds like the Adipose pill...
    Anyone who watches Doctor Who will know what I mean.

    :tehe:
    August 2nd, 2008 at 10:27am
  • sabotage.

    sabotage. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    It's bull shit. And the fact that they test on animals.
    August 2nd, 2008 at 09:52am