NHL All-Star Ballot, Where's Seguin? - Comments

  • Bahaha, I didn't even realize I had done that. Good catch, that's hat I get for commenting while being half asleep.
    December 8th, 2011 at 09:07pm
  • You say everyone is entitled to an opinion yet you say no judging =p We just give our opinions too

    Seguin is a good player, I won't deny that, but I would (and apparently others as well) rather see the other talent that are clearly more recognized - I'd defiantly rather see Giroux in than Seguin, and Giroux is barely any older then Seguin (Well a few, but nonetheless)

    And if we're talking about the teenagers, then I'd way rather see RNH (Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, for those clueless people) in before Seguin - Not that I wouldn't like to see Seguin in, but there are more noticeable, exciting players that I've seen around the NHL at the moment

    He'll probably be in rookie all stars thing if not (considering his age) considering how he's done so much
    December 8th, 2011 at 04:08pm
  • I realize people are voting for him, this is just to get the word out about it in case some people didn't realize. And I agree, people are getting way too worked up over this article. It's JUST an article based on an opinion. Everyone is entitled to one, so please no judging.
    December 7th, 2011 at 06:32pm
  • people are voting for him though...
    check the leader board
    he has 86542 votes last time I checked
    and dont get too worked up people (^ ^)
    December 7th, 2011 at 08:24am
  • I understand where you're coming from, but I'd suspect a little bit of bias in terms of the article written here (not saying I'd have the same thing going, being a Vancouver fan, if you get what I mean)

    Give it a little while to take root...Not everyone watches every team to see what talent lies on a roster, and Boston hasn't made nearly as many fans as they might deserve in Canada (What with the All-Star game being in Canada) from last season, specifically against Montreal ;)

    But I digress - It'll take a little time to take root for people to see Seguin becoming a possible elite player - Instead players like Thomas and Chara are more at the forefront on Boston's roster, and they do cast quite large shadows for the rest of their team to try to step out of, and it's understandable that Seguin be easily overlooked what with him being still a rookie, on a team that's still quite stacked with a fair good bit of talent (thus Skinner's shine considering there's not quite so many stars on Carolina's team)

    It'll take a few years for someone to stand out just like that, especially if he's among a group of already talented people
    December 4th, 2011 at 05:29pm
  • I voted yesterday and I swear I saw him on it. I didn't vote for him but he was there.
    December 2nd, 2011 at 09:23am
  • I wasn't saying that any of you voted based on looks, but allot of girls do. It's only Seguin's second year. As FrankieBartholomew said, Kris Versteeg- who is far more talented than Seguin in my mind- isn't even on the ballot.
    December 2nd, 2011 at 05:49am
  • If you really looked at the ballot you would see that at the bottom you can enter the name of a player who is NOT futured on the ballot. SO i really don't see why this article is even here. Crosby is a talented player and people love him. And if Seguin is so good and should play then people can always start voting for him. But in reality he wouldn't make it to the all stars game anyways. There are so many players who are much better than him.
    December 2nd, 2011 at 04:11am
  • I don't know why people get all upset about the All Star game anyways.. it's not like any of the players take it seriously it's all for fun! And to emma;; while Skinner and Seguin maybe liked for their looks you have to look at their stats right now. I mean, Seguin is 7th in the league with goals and Skinner is the top goal scorer for the Hurricanes. I do agree that a lot of players get over looked, but that's why they have write in votes.
    December 1st, 2011 at 09:17am
  • FYI: #1, Crosby hadn't come back into the league when this article was originally written. Every article has to be approved BEFORE being posted. #2, I don't like players based on their looks. I'm pretty sure my first article I ever wrote on this site, specifically targeted this issue. K thanks.
    December 1st, 2011 at 01:58am
  • Crosby is back. He's played 5 games and has already accumulated 11 points. Secondly more talented players then Seguin haven't even made the ballot, for example Kris Versteeg, who has 26 points and a +/- of 12. As emma;; said, don't be surprised if he doesn't get voted in.
    December 1st, 2011 at 01:15am
  • He's not on the ballot for a number of reasons. Number one, the ballot hasn't been opened that long. Number two, Crosby is back. Number three, the All-Star Game is in Canada this year and the biggest numbers will probably go to players like Reimer, Lupul, Kessel and the Senators players, you can take a look and see for yourself. Number four, there are so many more popular/talented players than Tyler Seguin. Don't be surprised if he doesn't make it to the All-Star game because even Jeff Skinner is behind, which means people are paying attention to talent this year and not who's the best looking.
    November 30th, 2011 at 06:58am