Green Bay Packers Star Announces Retirement - Comments

  • i have this one guy friend who is an amazingly huge fan of him and the day of the press conference, when he announced he was retiring, my friend literally almost started crying.

    he didn't come to school for a week
    May 21st, 2008 at 06:58am
  • Drummergirl I couldn't agree more. I was thinking the SAME thing.
    March 7th, 2008 at 07:12am
  • I respect Brett in a lot of ways as he is an extraordinary player, but HELL YES! I'm a bears fan so yes! finally he decided to retire!
    March 6th, 2008 at 12:53am
  • I used to live in Wisconsin and have since moved to Michigan. He has started all but two and a half of the games I've been alive for. This man has impacted my life in such an amazing way that I will never forget how he played the game. I'm a die hard Packer fan and this news was hard, but not surprising. I wish him all the happiness in the world as he continues with his life.
    I cried when I found out, and I cried again later... in fact, I've cried multiple times. But I've been trying to remember that this man isn't dead, he's simply retiring to be with his family and we'll still see him around from time to time.
    I can only hope to have the opportunity to meet him and tell him how much he means to me. Farewell, Brett and thanks for everything.
    March 5th, 2008 at 10:29pm
  • I guess it was only a matter of time before he would retire.He's gone through quite a bit on and off the field.
    I live in Florida but Green Bay has been my favorite NFL team. I'm gonna miss watching him play, he's simply one of the best and of coarse I'll still be a fan. :)
    GO PACKERS!!!
    March 5th, 2008 at 07:30pm
  • I'm so sad he decided to retire.
    the packers are my favortie team.
    i love Brett Favre <3
    He truly was one of the greatest players ever (:
    March 5th, 2008 at 06:02pm
  • Thanks for posting this, Lisa. I'm not a huge football fan, but I live in Green Bay, and I've seen what this guy means to this city. Slow news day? My hubby (currently in NJ courtesy of the Army) said NPR was covering this and included interviews with local newscasters and just plain old locals. Amazing.
    March 5th, 2008 at 03:48pm
  • I'd like to add from my own POV: Even as a Chicago Bears fan, I'm upset over this. He was truly one of the greatest in this sport.
    March 5th, 2008 at 05:56am