17 Dead In A School Rampage In Germany

17 Dead In A School Rampage In Germany Today, March 11, wrapped up Germany in black. A day of mourning in Winnenden. An armed, 17 year old frantic teenager, dressed in black army uniform, killed 15 students in a school shooting near Stuttgart before he was shot down by the police.

The last victim died in the hospital and made the toll rise to 17 dead people, including the murderer.

Tim K. entered his old school, the school he graduated from last year and started a school rampage. Randomly shooting, he killed nine students, three teachers and a passer-by outside the building.

"He went into the school with a weapon and carried out a bloodbath. I've never seen anything like this in my life", stated regional police chief Erwin Hetger.

After the worst shooting ever in Germany, he drove off in a hijacked car, driving about 40 kilometers before the police came. In a shootout with the police he killed two bystanders and seriously injured two officers before he was shoot to death.

The Albertville high school which attends around 1000 students was evacuated. Crying parents immediately surrounded the school frightened for their kids' lives.

Ulrich Wilhelm, a spokesman for Chancellor Angela Merkel left a note on the behalf of German government saying that all are "deeply shocked and incensed about the appalling killing spree".

"It is unimaginable that in just seconds, pupils and teachers were killed, it is an appalling crime. This is a day of mourning for the whole of Germany", Angela Merkel said.

In 2002 in Erfurt, a similar tragedy happened when a 19 year old killed 12 teachers, two students, a secretary and a police officer. Then he committed suicide.

Latest articles