What Kind of Country Do We Live In? - Comments

  • Venomous.

    Venomous. (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    *If the attackers are found innocent they will sue for defamation.

    Got my words muddled up.
    May 12th, 2009 at 01:38pm
  • Venomous.

    Venomous. (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    -face palm-

    Did they realize they just ruined their chances in court by posting those kind of messages on a public medium? If the attackers are found guilty they are going to sue for defamation. If the attackers are found innocent, thousands of angsty teenagers will protest.

    This is hardly what I call justice.

    Good article and definitely well written. :) Kudos.
    May 12th, 2009 at 01:37pm
  • SaltySailor

    SaltySailor (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I cried when I read this. I love Forever The Sickest Kids and We The Kings, and to hear that cops were beating their crew and best friends just sickens me.

    I agree with Caleb. What kind country DO we live in? This country sickens me, the way people hurt others and don't care, the corruption. Its very depressing.

    The guys are all in my prayers and I hope they get better and heal fast.
    April 29th, 2009 at 11:24pm
  • See.

    See. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I completely agree with you.

    I saw a couple of youtube videos of the incident, and what really struck me was the ease with which the police officers brandished their weapons. They were very quick to become violent, even when they weren't confronted by violent and/or threatening behaviour.

    I'd like to say that I'm glad we don't get this kind of abuse of power here in the UK, but the truth is, I don't know.

    I wouldn't know about this if it weren't for Twitter, and for these people being famous, you know?

    But, like I said, I completely agree. It's time to stop the hate and spread the love, as hippyish as that sounds. =)

    Great article; very well-written. x)
    April 29th, 2009 at 11:13pm
  • Catakomb Kitten

    Catakomb Kitten (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Amazing article.
    It is so sad to see what we've become.
    There are still good people, but they're so rare to find.
    April 28th, 2009 at 04:39pm