Pro Euthanasia - Comments

  • MatthewMiller

    MatthewMiller (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    I am pro euthanasia.
    When people argue that we are playing god i say, "You are playing god by deciding that he should live. If he is suffereing then that persn should be able to chose if they ant that. If tey ca't make that desiin, tey chose someone who can. If that prson wants that and thinks it is bst for that person and that is what tat one person wanted then they can make the choice."
    December 29th, 2009 at 09:58pm
  • Roseh; believe

    Roseh; believe (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I looked at this article while finishing off the last part of my RS Coursework, based on Euthanasia, and was really interested to read the point of view of someone who, like me, generally supports euthanasia.

    I believe that if a person would prefer to end their life in order to stop them suffering pain, that they should have the option to do it quickly and humanely. I agree with physician-assisted suicide as well, and thouhg some people may argue that it would change the role of a doctor, a solution to this problem may be to set up a clinic specially for euthanasia, such as DIGNITAS in Switzerland with specially trained doctors to carry out the proceduce quickly and painlessly.

    [NB: I've credited this article amongst my sources in my coursework for all the viewpoints and information it gave me, so thank you so much for writing it!]
    December 1st, 2009 at 07:09pm
  • lisadianne

    lisadianne (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I am definitely not for euthanasia. I think it's murder. And I dont agree with it. This article didnt change my mind about the issue at all.
    November 30th, 2009 at 04:04am
  • Marronita

    Marronita (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Portugal
    I agree.
    No one should be in pain for so many time. That's torture, in my opinion.
    November 14th, 2009 at 10:52am
  • Venomous.

    Venomous. (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    The opinion of the doctors/nurses administering the 'fatal dose' isn't really given in most of these pro-euthanasia articles.

    I know, personally, I wouldn't want to responsibility of somebodies death on my hands, even if it's what the person wanted. That burden shouldn't be placed upon doctors/nurses or any other hospital staff. They shouldn't be forced into delivering someone's death sentence.
    November 14th, 2009 at 08:41am
  • cruciatus.

    cruciatus. (455)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I liked your article. For the most part, I found it informative. However, I am not for euthanasia, and your article did not change my mind. I just thought I'd say that I thought it was well written and thought about, and I can now understand how someone would see euthanasia as a choice, rather than before, when I thought it was just murder.
    November 14th, 2009 at 06:08am
  • Your.Pink.Diary

    Your.Pink.Diary (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    I'm somewhat for euthanasia, mostly because I can't think of anything worse than being in a condition where you're in constant pain and literally just waiting to die. You might as well get it over with.

    But I'm against it because it's assisted. I mean, imagine being the person having to say 'Ok, we'll let you die' and then having to live with that for the rest of your life. I don't think it's right at all to put people in that position. It's traumatic and can mess someone up in a big way. It's one thing to have someone die after every effort to try and save them. It's another when that person asks you to give up and you do. It might be there decision, but it's still going to be hard.

    So basically, I'm for the idea of it. But against it. Not because I don't think people have the right, but because of everyone else involved.
    November 14th, 2009 at 01:03am
  • Benjamin Barker

    Benjamin Barker (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I agree.
    Nice article, but you could have included more points xD
    November 13th, 2009 at 11:38pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with your point, however your logic was kind of flaws. If you're in a vegetative state, you're beyond the point of suffering. Your brain can no longer function to process things like thought, which is just as bad though.
    November 13th, 2009 at 08:46pm
  • wxyz

    wxyz (240)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    96
    Location:
    Aland Islands
    I agree with you. Good article, maybe you could've included more arguments from the opposing side, balanced it out a bit. But otherwise good, and I agree, if someone's in that much pain and there's no chance of cure, death can be a blessing.
    November 13th, 2009 at 08:11pm