Teen Sex a Killer? - Comments

  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Oh, I'm with you there, just_call_me_dookie. I haven't found that 'special someone' (heh...) yet, either, and I haven't had sex - though many (in fact, almost all) of my friends have. It pains me, sometimes, how some of my friends just go out and 'screw' random people. I don't understand how people can do that. Maybe I'm still trapped in my fantasy happily-ever-after world, but love and sex are connected for me; I couldn't have one without the other.

    I can certainly see how sex can have a negative affect on teenaged girls, yes. It can be an emotional thing that not all girls are ready for, even when they think they are. But on the other hand, it's also a beautiful thing. I guess it really just depends on how each person perceives it differently, huh? And if either person isn't mature enough for it, the results can be quite negative. :(
    November 27th, 2007 at 08:38am
  • Leonore Paisley

    Leonore Paisley (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    39
    Location:
    United States
    I'd have to disagree.

    Girls that are suicidal, aren't just having sex, if any.

    Like it said, girls are in so many other things that cause their depression.

    That's all I say.
    November 27th, 2007 at 04:13am
  • mankind's last hope?

    mankind's last hope? (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    41
    Location:
    United States
    sex is overrated, more thought and emotion go into something so basic and natural. Everyone wants to experience and feel it because so much comes with it. I mean, ppl are labeled wrongly for having self stricty for physical gratification, yet those who want it for emotional and mental means are deemed childish and naive. no matter what, in the game of sex, no one wins until they get willingly pregnant and raise a family.
    November 27th, 2007 at 02:30am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Thank you Jinxeh. And you have an excellent point as well. Though I am for sex before marriage, but only if you are in love and you have been when with the person for a while. But see I have never had sex like many of my friends, because I have not found that person. I, myself, do not believe in casual sex or one night stands either. Where's the meaning in that?
    November 26th, 2007 at 06:52pm
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Yeah, just_call_me_dookie, you have an excellent point with that one. I hate it the whole 'boo, parents, I hate them!' stance, though I understand that not everyone was lucky enough to have parents that give them so much freedom, like mine did, and still do.

    I don't really see the point in sex until marriage (not because of religious reasons, but just because I've seen it cause so many problems) and I most certainly don't believe in casual sex of any kind, or 'one-night stands'...but I also don't think its fair to go and say 'All teens that have sex are going to end up the same way', or anything like that. Each to his or her own, I say.
    November 26th, 2007 at 01:23pm
  • YouRockMyWorld

    YouRockMyWorld (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    sex only kills by sexually transmitted disease, and if you die during childbirth because you got pregnant. people have sex because they were already depressed and want to escape it, or they are easily influenced to do it, they don't get depressed because they have sex. I know some sexually active teens, but if they are unhappy its not because of sex.
    November 26th, 2007 at 08:27am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    You know. You're parents are only looking out for you. They're not bad people. They have every right to be in your business.
    November 26th, 2007 at 07:39am
  • jetstobrazil

    jetstobrazil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    ok. i wrote it, but i dont agree. its just the points that people build up against it, you know, making a connection between two things just by looking...
    so yeah. i think its bullshit, do what you want...

    sorry if i offended neone..
    =[
    November 26th, 2007 at 04:51am
  • waits.

    waits. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Well, I don't believe in sex before marriage anyway, but I think that this is at least partly true.

    I mean, being active certainly would put a lot more stress on you, (worrying about unplanned pregnancies, STD's, etc.)

    And I believe that you need to be at a certain level of emotional maturity to be active.

    Just because sex is more than just....sex. It bonds you emotionally to that person.

    And wanting sex is natural. That's how our bodies work. But I personally think it's better to wait for marriage.

    BUT, that's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it.

    So don't be offended.

    =)
    November 26th, 2007 at 03:38am
  • Pansy .xo

    Pansy .xo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    Wow. This is ghey. And probabaly completely untrue.

    Although the decision to have sex at a young age is stressful, I highly doubt it makes most kids suicidal. Like the end of the article said, there are a million other things that need to be brought into account (ie. paren'ts divorce, bad childhood, etc). Because we don't need a study to show us that there's been an icrease in broken families since the time of our grandparents. What makes you thing that kids in bad situations don't stay in bad situations? I think it's stupid to make up some kind of study affecting this topic, when there are families everywhere in bad places with even bigger concequences. Society promotes all the wrong things, and then preaches us about the opposite. People need to get the facts drilled into their heads.

    (sorry- I'm not taking that out on the person who posted this)
    ps. I agree with Ms. Mothersound.
    November 26th, 2007 at 02:41am
  • VilliamLaura

    VilliamLaura (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    You know, I kinda agree on that. Well, at least in my friend's case. She seems really depressed. She's been through a lot though. She lot it when she was eight in e scheme between her older brother and a friend of his. She's really nice, but she is always depressed.
    November 26th, 2007 at 02:23am
  • sic semper tyrannis

    sic semper tyrannis (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i've never heard of this before, but i guess it's at least partially true. sex can't be blamed for all issues that teens have though.
    November 26th, 2007 at 02:06am
  • Ms. Mothersound

    Ms. Mothersound (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    see. more meddling in our personal lives is just gonna make us want to either A) Kill you. or B) Kill ourselves. There lies some truth. And I'm a firm believer in free will, but if you're 14, and extremely depressed, and you're loved by someone outside your family, and you feel that it would help you...I say go for it. I'm only twelve...and well, someone lives me that way. And she's the greatest thing since emo guys kissing! She's fourteen, and she lost it when she was twelve, and she's the happiest girl i know!

    in short...

    Parents: Mind your own fucking buisness. You don't see us knocking on your door saying, "Sex kills!" in the (almost) dead of night!
    November 26th, 2007 at 12:47am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    See now, I understand this...But I've never had sex and I'm unhappy because no one finds me attractive in that way. So I'm depressed because I'm not having sex I suppose...
    Weird.
    November 25th, 2007 at 10:17pm