More Than One 'Correct' Religion? - Comments

  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]Ezo Ookami[/b]
    Catholicism is Christianity.
    February 27th, 2010 at 09:38pm
  • ScarletRoza

    ScarletRoza (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i just started studying feligon not being apart of them just grasping the concept and to say there is no prof of god but there is actuall prof of the buddah.and with the gay thing if god made us like him then he could also be a colorful rainbow meaning gay or bi. im not bi or gay but most of my friends are i dont get weirded out i suppert them and acept them
    December 29th, 2009 at 04:08pm
  • StarlitSkies

    StarlitSkies (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    There is no right or wrong answer to this question actually. No one really knows which religion is right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions so it's really a matter of the way you were raised, and your own beliefs. Great article ^_^
    December 23rd, 2009 at 11:57pm
  • dandelions.

    dandelions. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with Ookami. I'm 'suppose' to be Catholic, but I have my doubts, and to be a Catholic you can't half-believe, so I'm not sure what to believe anymore. As people we believe that each thing has to be created by another, but then who created the thing that created us? Maybe we weren't created by something? Maybe we're just... here?
    December 14th, 2009 at 03:41am
  • lisadianne

    lisadianne (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Let's just say this, not all religions lead to God. And another thing, God always has been and always will be. Sometimes the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around is the fact that no one created God. God has always been there.
    November 28th, 2009 at 04:47am
  • JGeo

    JGeo (125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I'm giving a second thought to being christian. I mean, WHO created God. If there is one. I have a lot of unanswered questions about this religion. And really if I'm not christian, I'm catholic. If not catholic, atheist. Because I don't know what to belive in anymore. Plus they make a lot of things in the bible seems bad. Or they make people scared of doing certain things because then you'll be "damned to hell".
    Ex: "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve."
    I am not into the other sex but I do support those people. I don't have anything against them. Why would God hate gay people? Why would he hate you if you fell in love with them? It just makes no sense. It's human nature, and you wouldn't be able to control that feeling.
    I'm just really frustrated about who created God still. If that was answered I would turn to be a full christian again. He didn't just come out of thin air, did He?
    November 28th, 2009 at 02:42am
  • Your.Pink.Diary

    Your.Pink.Diary (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    I don't really believe there can be more than one right religion. They all claim to be the 'correct' one, but how can they all claim the same thing?

    I do agree that people need to find what suits them, because if it makes them happy then fair enough.

    But I just don't believe that they can all be right. Especially with Judaism and Christianity. It basically has to be one or the other because Christianity stems from Judaism, the difference is Jews are still waiting for the messiah, while Christians believe he's already come. He either has or hasn't. They can't both be correct.

    Or like Islam, the Qu'ran (sorry if I murdered the spelling of that) and the Bible have a lot more in common than people realise. And there is a point with Sarah and her two sons where they differ (I honestly can't remember exactly what it was, it was to do with Hagar though). They can't both be right, it has to be one or the other.

    Other religions like Buddhism and Hinduism are different because they're from a different part of the world. But Judaism, Christinaity and Islam are all from the same place.

    Or, no religion is correct. But I just don't see how they 'all' can be. That has never made sense to me. I don't care what people believe (to some extent) because if it helps someone to be happy, then who am I to judge. But that doesn't stop me from seeing how they could all be right. There is either one true one, or none at all.
    November 27th, 2009 at 10:04pm
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    v Oh, yes, they [i]could[/i] have the same God, but they [i]don't.[/i]
    Yes, some have more than one God, but some don't have one at all.
    November 27th, 2009 at 08:24pm
  • DuskPen

    DuskPen (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Finally someone who thinks like me, I agree with you, can all the religions have the same god? Or is their more than one god for the religion?
    November 27th, 2009 at 07:24pm
  • touche chick

    touche chick (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    well i've always been taught to be open to other people's religions cuz my dad is catholic and my mom was originally protestant but they were both taught about jesus. all the same i thoroughly agree with this article although it could've been written better. try to include more derails
    November 27th, 2009 at 06:56pm
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Uh, not all religions lead to God. Buddhism is a prime example of that. There is absolutely no God to be led to in Buddhism.
    Honestly, you didn't prove much when it came to this article. All you did was define a few religions and put a couple sentences at the end to try and tie them together.
    Although I disagree with the basis of this article, it had to potential to be good, but you didn't do much with it.
    Try adding more detail once you get to your point, A LOT more detail. And you need to separate things in paragraphs more. You did it for the most part, but there were a few mistakes, ESPECIALLY in the last real paragraph.
    Better luck next time.
    November 27th, 2009 at 06:27pm
  • ScarletRoza

    ScarletRoza (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    no not all religions lead to god i can have i fight with you on that one and win does im bathtised catholic and i do not belive in any god all religons are seperate and do not intertwine to one point or any point at that god is a made up religon how can people add then take away and edit it if it supposedly a work of god? when god deosnt exist you die and lay in the ground and turn to dust no heaven or hell and no one can make me belive unless when im dead and go up to supposedly be judged and i see god or anything like that then i will admit if im wrong but intill then its a bunch bull donkey.
    November 27th, 2009 at 06:18pm