Feminist Manifesto - Comments

  • You are wrong. Feminism as an ideology transcends race. In today's modern world, equal rights for women have nothing to do with them being white.

    I think you are confusing a lot of the problems that faced women of color (I use this term to refer to all women who are not white) in much of the 20th century and beyond. But just for reference, the 19th amendment does not restrict women of color from voting. The 19th amendment was not only for white women, although we all know the struggles people of color have endured during the history of the United States.
    December 19th, 2010 at 03:50am
  • Correct me if I'm wrong....
    isn't a feminist a woman that belives in a womans' rights
    but only for the woman who are white.??
    Im a little confused here.
    December 18th, 2010 at 03:34am
  • From my point of view men and women are like a scale. You need both, because you have must one with the other, or the balance is lost all comes crashing down.

    I can appreciate the need for equal rights, because we are human just like men, ergo, we are (to me) equal. Nowadays we're closer to that. A woman can be what she wants and who she wants. She can do what she wants and wear what she wants (so long as it's within the law).

    I disagree with overzealous feminists however (particularly the ones who want to wipe out all men (which is creepy, because they DO exist!))
    I think men and women need to accept each other as humans. Stop seeing male/female, black/white and religions, and see people.

    Anyway, nice article. It gave me food for thought.
    September 20th, 2010 at 03:27pm
  • The foundation of your article is flawed. You assert that feminism is the sociopolitical belief that women are equal to men. That's...generally untrue. You're thinking of egalitarianism, probably.
    Feminism asserts that women are, in most cases, superior to men, which is, of course, untrue as well. Most things ending in "-ism" are generally pretty bad.

    Also, I absolutely loathe that song you quote at the end of your article.
    August 24th, 2010 at 05:53pm
  • Beautiful article. You learned how to incorporate your view on feminism throughout the whole thing while showing the other side's view as well and that is how it should be done! This is definitely one of the best articles on the site.

    I agree with you on everything. Feminism =/= sexism. A true feminist makes a choice for herself how to live her life and what kind of woman she will be and does not harass others if they choose something else. A true feminist will not insult a woman and call her weak for choosing to be a housewife because that's what she wants to do. She will praise her for making a choice for herself. A true feminist understands that feminism is not about domination over men, it is about equality and the power of choice.
    June 11th, 2010 at 05:42pm
  • Whoa, you can edit articles? I really like the new ending, though..and this whole article. Empowering!
    June 7th, 2010 at 09:29pm
  • [b]lovecraft:[/b] I don't think it [i]has[/i] to be in third person. I've read plenty of newspaper and magazine articles in first person. News articles have to be third, I'm pretty sure.
    June 6th, 2010 at 10:54pm
  • The new ending paragraph is much, much better! It flows nicely with the rest of the article, and concludes the whole thing clearly, as apposed to confusing the reader.
    June 6th, 2010 at 12:55am
  • Lovely, well researched article. I love your ideas and viewpoints about feminism.

    The only thing I'd criticize is your writing. It's an article, and (correct me if I'm wrong) aren't they suppose to be objective, and written from the third person? My only objection is the personalisation you added made it seem less of an article, more of an opinion.

    Absolutely wonderful article though. You used excellent examples to demonstrate your thoughts.
    June 3rd, 2010 at 11:13pm
  • I agree with Audrey T. The ending paragraph threw me off just a tad, as well.
    However, the article was powerful and beautifully written. It mirrored many of my personal opinions on feminism, and it was lovely to see that I am not alone. Feminism isn't sexism, people!
    June 2nd, 2010 at 11:59pm
  • Rock on.
    Amazing article.
    June 2nd, 2010 at 02:16am
  • Gorgeous. I feel empowered, thank you. ^_^
    June 1st, 2010 at 07:20pm
  • great article

    i agree with everything, especially simone de beauvoir's idea about femininity

    i was think of writing one about feminism and gender identity, what do you think?
    June 1st, 2010 at 06:10pm
  • I hate women who claim they're feminists, and then spout man-hating bullsh*t all of the time. "WE MUST RISE OVER THOSE LOWLY MEN, EARN MORE THAN THEM, BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THEM," etc. That's not feminism, that's sexism. Ugh.

    Nice article.
    June 1st, 2010 at 09:18am
  • I am woman.

    I wrote an essay similar to this. Your's trumps mine.
    June 1st, 2010 at 06:15am
  • Lovely article. :] Quite witty, too.
    June 1st, 2010 at 04:48am
  • I think this article was extremely well done. Very well put together. I think the only thing I could complain about was the last paragraph. It kind of took me for a loop because I think the conclusion should tie in with your opening. You never mentioned marriage in the article, so it was just kind...what?...to see it stuck in there at the end.

    And I completely agree with the point (I think) you're making. That feminism is about gaining equality for women. It's not about desexalizing women or eradicating all things feminine, it's not about stripping away altogether or shunning those things that makes us different (and beautiful). It's simply about giving women the right of choice, and for society to accept that choice.
    June 1st, 2010 at 04:33am