I Heart Boobies - Comments

  • WhatAboutElmo?

    WhatAboutElmo? (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    Whoa. Everybody in my school is wearing them now. Some (meaning the people who first started wearing them) wear it because they're thinking about cancer. Other, followers, are wearing the bracelets because, well, they're followers. I believe the bracelet is towards breast cancer, and should not be taken away because of some thought a teacher or principal had. I don't wear them because my mom would totally freak, asking me what the hell was I doing, why was I wearing an inappropriate bracelet, blah, blah (sorry, getting a little personal here), but I totally would. Cool article.
    June 8th, 2012 at 04:30am
  • tigermilk

    tigermilk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    and the word "boobies" can hardly be construed as sexual...
    February 14th, 2011 at 03:04am
  • Miss Tyranny

    Miss Tyranny (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    The girls in my school wear the bracelets, but in support of those with Breast cancer, sadly. The popular girls are the ones to wear them, and are the ones who are majking sexual jokes about it. My school doesn't have a problem with the students wearing these "I heart boobies" bracelets, and neither do I, I'm just a little sad the girls are wearing them because it's a fad, and not because they actually care for the meaning behind it.
    February 1st, 2011 at 06:23pm
  • NobodyThatMatters_13

    NobodyThatMatters_13 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    Really well done.

    Very accurate and informative. =]
    January 31st, 2011 at 06:50pm
  • Serec

    Serec (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    A few days ago, a kid in my class said he saw a woman with a bracelet on that said "I love ta-ta's" or something like that, and the teacher blew up and though he was trying to be funny in class. He was like,"NO,no- it is for the breast cancer awareness..." and my teacher thought he was lying and got him in detention.

    I know a few kids who wear them inappropriately, which pisses me a bit. But hey, it's THEIR money they're paying for it, and their money is going to the charity.
    January 29th, 2011 at 01:31pm
  • Absolutely Arsenic

    Absolutely Arsenic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I personally don't see the problem. Sure, some people are wearing them immaturely, and if they are, then they are just stating a fact. I'm sure people knew they loved boobies before they put on the wristband. Confiscation, detention, and suspension are excessive. In my opinion, it's like telling a kid that they can't wear an Obama t-shirt. They're expressing a devotion to the cause.


    Also, I wouldn;t support just taking them away from male students. For all they know, some of the male students are not wearing them to be immature but actually support the cause. Also, I'm bisexual, and I love boobies, and if the boys get their wristbands taken away, well, they'd have to take away mine too, I guess.

    Schools need to stop overreacting.
    January 17th, 2011 at 07:41pm
  • anaszun

    anaszun (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I was doing a teaching internship and I had one of these bracelets appear in the classroom. Teachers don't want to take them but they are causing a distraction. The bracelet wasn't even brought to our attention until a female student pointed it out. We didn't take it, but he was told to turn the bracelet inside out and not to wear it back to school. It's cool that you want to support a cause but when things like these bracelets or the silly bandz or the gel bracelets become a distraction, it becomes an issue.
    January 14th, 2011 at 06:02am
  • Ripped.At.The.Seams.

    Ripped.At.The.Seams. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i myself do not own a bracelet yet,but it hits a hard bone in my body since a few family members have had breast cancer,theres a reason for freedom of speech and these pricks are tsking that away becus its "innapropriete,total bull" i think i might buy one nd see what happens
    January 1st, 2011 at 10:44am
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I completely agree with you on this. Honestly, there are obviously going to be those few kids who wear it to be funny or because they think it's cool, but most people aren't and it seems rediculous that you want to funnel so much time and effort into confiscating and banning these bracelets when you definitely have better things to worry about. Really, aren't there more important issues facing your school district?

    But there is also the fact that they're being confiscated for sexual association, so in that case, you shouldn't be allowed to do anything concerned breast cancer awareness within a school like, wearing shirts, ribbons, having fundraisers, etc., because it is still relating to a "sexual" topic.

    If people are f*cking around with these bracelets and making lewd comments associated with them should have themm taken away. Other than that, why are you complaining? At least these teens understand the seriousness of the disease and want to take a stand for it.
    December 28th, 2010 at 04:00am
  • tigermilk

    tigermilk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    but then there are students who wear the bracelets to be cheeky and don't care about the meaning behind them, the ones who are jumping on the bandwagon without any real consideration. the whole point of the slogan is to make a stir and for it to become faintly controversial, because look at the publicity the charity has now recieved since the banning and suing.
    December 20th, 2010 at 04:17pm
  • Live Lithium

    Live Lithium (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I fully agree with this article. In one of my classes my teacher is always on there two students ass' because they wear those bracelets, and makes them flip it so that it can't be seen.
    I find it absolutely ridiculous. I really want every one in the class room to buy and wear one on the same day just to make a point.
    December 20th, 2010 at 12:05am
  • K. Shadows

    K. Shadows (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I go to the school that's getting sued.
    December 17th, 2010 at 05:08pm
  • foREVerJimmySullivan

    foREVerJimmySullivan (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    ugh, another stupid mistake that our education system has commited.
    December 12th, 2010 at 04:33am
  • Nowhere Kids Voice

    Nowhere Kids Voice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Wow I never heard that
    I myself own a bracelet like that

    it's sad how the educational system is so ignorant, hopefully this doesn't go on to long.
    December 7th, 2010 at 05:15am
  • GreekAsianPanda

    GreekAsianPanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    I remember last year, I saw a boy wearing a t-shirt that had the "I [Heart] Boobies" phrase printed on the front, and I was thinking, What a pervert! Why is he allowed to wear that? But I later figured out that this was to support breast cancer awareness.
    In my opinion, it's a little bit over-the-top to call breasts "boobies" in the context of breast cancer; however, I know that the people at my school who wear the bracelets aren't doing it to be immature. I think they should be able to express their support for breast cancer awareness with the bracelets without getting in trouble for it. As for me, I prefer the pink t-shirts...
    December 3rd, 2010 at 12:50am
  • mouse555

    mouse555 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    45
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I have 3 of these bracelets on and my tutors at University love them (a couple of them have even taken note of the website to get their own) and my partner wears one.
    I know people who have lost their fight against cancer, and I know people who have beat it so it's a cause close to my heart.
    Yes, at 1st glance they can be seen as sexual BUT once you look closely you can see that they are not. Surely teachers can see this (I am also a trainee teacher)
    December 2nd, 2010 at 09:23pm
  • SonicBoom

    SonicBoom (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I agree. This is happening in my school. Students are being forced to remove their bracelets if a stupid teacher catches them.
    December 2nd, 2010 at 09:01pm
  • Hello Zepp

    Hello Zepp (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I work @ Zumiez where we sell the bracelets & I get kids in everyday saying how they can't wear them to school. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. I most certainly think the schools should be sued for not letting the kids support cancer
    December 2nd, 2010 at 05:55pm
  • Time.For.Bullets.

    Time.For.Bullets. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This is just stupid. The lawsuit, not the article (which is great!).
    I lost someone extremely close to me to breat cancer six years ago and me & my family wear these braceletes all the time!
    December 2nd, 2010 at 03:54pm
  • Oh Desdemona!

    Oh Desdemona! (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    Great article, and such a good point. It's ridiculous to confiscate something that's in support of a cause. People always see teens as being apathetic and self-interested, and once we're proving the opposite, we're knocked down for it?
    As if.
    Schools are being idiotic if they're seeing these cancer awareness bracelets as offensive.
    December 2nd, 2010 at 06:26am