I Heart Boobies - Comments

  • Allie Apathy

    Allie Apathy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with you 100%. And as someone who lost her mother to breast cancer this rightfully pisses me off.
    I must go find somewhere to buy these from now...
    December 2nd, 2010 at 06:22am
  • Grand R

    Grand R (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    The bracelets should only be taken away from those that use them inappropriately, I totally agree! EVERYONE at my high school is rocking these, and even though at times I feel like it's just thought of as a fashion statement, at least it's helping the fight against breast cancer! It's really stupid that kids are being given detention for something as harmless as a bracelet, and the whole confiscating the bracelets from the guys is just as bad. Not only is that sexist, but they're labeling the boys as perverts or something like that! What about lesbians that like boobies the way guys do? What are they gonna do to them?
    Blah, it's just a very stupid decision on the schools' parts. But I agree with tabloid:

    I HEART BOOBIES! :D

    p.s, Your article was very well-written(:
    December 2nd, 2010 at 05:22am
  • jason todd.

    jason todd. (305)

    :
    Class of 2015
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Antarctica
    We get in so much trouble for these at the J.R. High.
    But we never take them off. The teachers got tired of telling us to take them up.
    December 2nd, 2010 at 02:33am
  • Slappy

    Slappy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I bought one of these shirts a few years ago. I wore it to Picture day once, I had to take it off because it was inappropriate. Yet the person before me got to wear his shirt that said "Kiss my ass" in Gaelic?
    It doesn't make sense.
    I was told to take it off multiple occasions.
    I never listened.
    I never got in trouble, either.
    December 2nd, 2010 at 02:29am
  • Queen of Suburbia

    Queen of Suburbia (315)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I'm glad my school allows them so far :)
    December 2nd, 2010 at 02:09am
  • recounts

    recounts (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I didn't know about this until now.

    Frankly, I'm kinda disgusted.

    Even if some kids take to the cause a little immaturely I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to wear the bracelets if they've bought them and therefore contributed money to the breast cancer cause.

    Wow, I really think those schools taking action against it should be ashamed. They think they're instilling maturity in their students but really they're making sure more bracelets aren't being sold - selfish, if you ask me.

    After all, school would be the number one place where people would wanna be seen with their bracelets on - because the most people they know would be there, many of them with the exact same bracelets on. School should be the [i]last[/i] place they ban them! At school they should be teaching them the importance of giving and wow - I can't get over this. ;_;

    To finish off my point of view:

    I love boobies!
    December 2nd, 2010 at 01:49am
  • flyer.

    flyer. (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I agree, that only those who use them inappropriately should be banned. I personally don't own one, but I know people in my school who get away with wearing them 24/7...and people who've gotten in trouble for 'dress code'.
    Our school doesn't have detention, but that still equals a call home.
    It's quite excessive, especially since it's for a good cause. I do see Kurtni's point, about one bracelet being disruptive...but they're generally not disruptive unless someone is being immature about it, and in that case wouldn't it be better to remove/punish the ones being immature, not what they're feeding off? Unless someone is wearing it for an expressely immature purpose, I think removing the bracelets is the wrong solution. An easier one, maybe, but not the right one.
    Lovely article; you did a nice job of expressing your points and backing them up with clearly linked sources :)
    December 2nd, 2010 at 01:41am
  • failure by design.

    failure by design. (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    A lot of kids wear those bracelets around my school, though in Middle school, they simply made you turn it inside out so the printing didn't show. I'm not sure if they really do anything that extreme in my high school though, it seems that people care less and less, at least in my school.
    December 2nd, 2010 at 01:29am
  • Vengeance_foREVer

    Vengeance_foREVer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I didnt even know about that untill now :-(
    December 2nd, 2010 at 12:56am
  • xXPrssgirlXX

    xXPrssgirlXX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    My school also feels the need to ban these bracelets. I however, (with a number of other students) continue to wear these Bracelets. They are completely harmless and they don't take away from the education one would be receiving. Numerous times I have been asked to simply flip the bracelet around. I wish I had the guts to say no.

    My family has been plagued with the particular form of cancer, as well as many others. I myself have a 3x higher risk of contracting this disease and this is how I show support and remeberance.

    Any suggestions on how I can help to un-ban these? Please inbox or comment on xXPrssgirlXX.

    Great article
    December 2nd, 2010 at 12:39am
  • breathless lullabies

    breathless lullabies (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I remember my English teacher had us write about these bracelets. At my school the kids don't get in trouble, because there's so many kids who wear them.

    The only problem with them (to me) is the fact that it takes only one cent to make them and they retail for about two dollars and the breast cancer awareness organization doesn't get the full profit from those bracelets not even half, and other companies have done the same thing and have given up all the profit.

    Plus, most students only wear them because its in style for right now and not because of what it stands for.

    Nice article. :D
    December 1st, 2010 at 11:53pm
  • Lysol Massacrist

    Lysol Massacrist (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    The High School I attend requested politely that we don't wear these. We were told be the Assistant Principal that they were for a good cause and he was proud that the students wanted to wear them, but they couldn't be allowed in school because of the usage of the word Boobies. I guess I understood, and it was amusing to hear the man say Boobies on the announcements, but I was still bummed out...

    Detention though? Wow. Excessive...
    December 1st, 2010 at 11:18pm
  • Last.Night.Girl.

    Last.Night.Girl. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    My school would never allow this along with many other things but this is no different than wearing a "To Write Love on Her Arms" bracelet.
    December 1st, 2010 at 10:54pm
  • The Door Knobs Bite

    The Door Knobs Bite (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Lots of kids at my school where them. No one has gotten in trouble yet. Some people even have t-shirts that say it. Then again my school was raising money during breast cancer awareness month for the cause...
    December 1st, 2010 at 10:13pm
  • sore thumb;

    sore thumb; (315)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    Very nicely written article.
    I have a friend who wears these bracelets often. The other day, we had a school dress down day to raise money for breast cancer research, and she wore her bracelets, paired with a T-shirt she got at a breast cancer fundraiser walk.
    She got in trouble for it.
    I don't understand it at all.
    December 1st, 2010 at 09:55pm
  • Twist Lick Dunk

    Twist Lick Dunk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Ireland
    its just ridiculous =/
    i live in ireland so we dont have that problem but it doesnt make a difference
    December 1st, 2010 at 09:40pm
  • SomethingLeftToGive

    SomethingLeftToGive (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    These have been around for a while where I go to school and there surprisingly hasn't been a lot of issues with them. I can see where the teachers are coming from, since the majority of kids end up just being immature about anything they can, and that's what the teachers expect. I don't think they should be confiscated though. Regardless of what they say or the reasons they're being worn, its still helping out
    December 1st, 2010 at 09:28pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    If one student is disruptive with the bracelets, it impacts the learning of every other student in that class. You're not looking at the whole picture with this article I don't think. It's not like schools are out to hammer down everyone who wants to stop breast cancer. Could someone wear a T-shirt that said "I heart balls" to support testicular cancer research? No way, it would get laughs and disrupt every class the student was in. Just because breast cancer is a popular campaign doesn't mean schools have to make an exception.
    December 1st, 2010 at 07:05pm
  • Juicebox Child

    Juicebox Child (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Ireland
    Well, if you were a teacher, and saw a student wearing a band saying "I heart boobies!", then you might be a bit suspicious. You'd have to know what they are to accept them. and i'd say if the student's excuse was "It's for breast cancer!" the teacher would think they're bullshitting.

    Just my opinion.

    Unless it has the BC logo, then it's ok.

    But in Ireland that trend isn't here yet. We have these bloody things called "Shag bands" which have been banned, but they're totally stupid anyway.
    December 1st, 2010 at 06:19pm
  • auden

    auden (650)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    If the funds are going towards breast cancer then who gives a fuck? At least the students aren't wearing bracelets

    "I heart drugs"
    December 1st, 2010 at 04:59pm