Father Decapitates and Dismembers Seven Year Old Son

August 14, in Thibodaux, Louisiana, Jeremiah Wright, age 30, was accused of brutally decapitating and dismembering his 7 year old son, Jori Lirette, because he was “tired of taking care of him.”

Jori Lirette suffered from Cerebral Palsy and was confined to a wheelchair, as well as having to eat from a feeding tube. Wright was unemployed and was the one who took care of their son while his girlfriend and mother of their son, Jesslyn Lirette, worked. While Jesslyn Lirette was off getting her truck repaired, Wright cut his sons head off with a meat cleaver over their kitchen sink, as well as dismembering his body. Wright put the 7 year olds head on the sidewalk in front of their house, just to taunt the mother.

The police say that a passerby saw the boys head lying on the sidewalk next to a garbage bag full of the rest of the little boy. Wright was arrested that day, charged with first degree murder. He confessed to killing his son.

This wasn’t the first time the police came to their home. They had responded to a disturbance at the house, where no one was arrested because they hadn’t gotten physical. Wright also has a criminal record that includes drug charges as well as contempt of court.

Latest articles