Jashinism - Comments

  • Jashin's wolf

    Jashin's wolf (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    @ JashinistExperience
    Your right. And the commandment part is from the Jashinist Temple.
    May 22nd, 2013 at 02:06am
  • JashinistExperience

    JashinistExperience (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    @ Jashin's wolf
    But the chosen ones are Perfect Jashinists who understand all pain. Understanding death doesn't make you a Perfect Jashinist. Death is only one of the pains you have to understand to become a Perfect Jashinist. Just because you die that doesn't give you a right to inflict death on others. The whole point of understanding any type of pain is so you don't wish it upon others, therefore you don't wish death or inflict death upon others.

    Never leaving a sacrifice alive isn't the most important rule. The biggest sin in Jashinism is inflicting pain you don't understand onto others regardless of if it was out of ignorance or not.
    May 21st, 2013 at 01:29pm
  • Jashin's wolf

    Jashin's wolf (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    Jashinism is about understanding pain, however we do not drink blood. We preform blood sacrifices by cutting, but nothing serious.
    .
    The main teaching of Jashinism is to understand pain- "If one dose not understand pain then they have no right to inflict it elsewhere". This accounts for both mental and physical pain. Many Jashinists will categorize themselves as either 'bloodbound' or 'innocent'. Bloodbound Jashinists will focus more on physical pain and give blood sacrifices while Innocent Jashinists focus more on mental pain. There are those, like myself, that follow both ways. Other then sacrificing blood, praying and fasting are good forms of dedication.

    The commandments:

    1. ( the most important rule of all)
    NEVER EVER leave a sacrifice alive- this pretains to Jashin's chosen ones, the ones who know the pain of death, only they can kill.

    2. No man made pleasures ( sex,drugs,alcohol etc.)- medicinal drugs are allowed as long as there is no abuse.

    3. Any children you may have must be Jashinist.

    4. Honor thy god in blood, death and sacrifice

    5. Once those have commented themselves to the path of Jashinism, they cannot leave

    6. The only way to leave is to die

    7. Pain=pleasure, Jashinists learn how to turn pain into pleasure, or just ignore it

    8. Fasting and sacrificing is a good way to show devotion, do it often

    --------------

    Jashinism started in Feudal Japan around the late Jomon period. The religion almost died out and became more cult like as things changed. There is a book in The Library of Congress, called 'Inshi to Jashin', that needs translated.

    Hidan from naruto is a overdramatic representation of Lord Jashin's 'chosen one'. If you are chosen by Lord Jashin it means that you know the pain of death and are 'painted white' or turned albino. You'll also have to watch out for Hidanists- naruto fans that believe hidan is the prophet

    sorry for making this so long. If you have any questions just ask.
    May 20th, 2013 at 06:45pm
  • rathlora

    rathlora (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    wow, that's fucked up
    May 20th, 2013 at 06:26pm
  • dally winston.

    dally winston. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    When I first read the title of the article, I thought it would have been something to do with sex. I was wrong, very wrong.
    May 20th, 2013 at 01:28pm
  • miser

    miser (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    101
    Location:
    Neutral Zone
    This reminds me of something I heard once. Psychiatrists are psychoanalysed before they become psychiatrists. So, should a surgeon be cut to know the pain they are dealing with? Fair is fair.

    Very interesting religion. Even if the article is erroneous, at least it has brought this religion to light.
    May 20th, 2013 at 08:33am
  • gar-bage

    gar-bage (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ JashinistExperience
    Thank you for the information! I find learning about other religions incredibly fascinating, and this one is one of the most interesting I've found.
    May 20th, 2013 at 06:33am
  • JashinistExperience

    JashinistExperience (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    @ electric goat
    Here's a link to a wonderful article written by Tia Minx. She does a great job covering Jashinism, though she told me she wants to add, retract, and edit some parts of her article.
    Link to article

    Since it's taking a long time for it to be published on here, here's an article written by me:
    My article
    May 20th, 2013 at 06:32am
  • gar-bage

    gar-bage (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ JashinistExperience
    I apologize that you have been offended and find the information provided false. I should have added sources. I'm sure that there are a lot of things I have yet to learn about the religion, I only published what little information I could find.

    Here are some of the sources I used:
    Source 1
    Source 2
    Source 3

    This article was mean to be a basic covering of a few interesting 'facts' about the religion, rather than a comprehensive analysis or how-to.
    May 20th, 2013 at 06:23am
  • JashinistExperience

    JashinistExperience (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    It's people who publish these kinds of things without talking to actual Jashinists that keep dragging Jashinism into the ground. This article should not be recommended. 99% of what you find about Jashinism on the internet is wrong because it was written by Hidanists.

    We just don't kill people because they won't convert. We don't harm others for no reason. If we are physically attacked, of course we'll defend ourselves - just like everyone else. We don't drink people's blood. If a Jashinist does drink someone's blood, they are actually what we Jashinists call "Hidanists" because they practice Jashinism based on what they've seen Hidan do. Hidan is an over exaggerated and inaccurate version of what a Jashinist is. Jashinism does not come from Naruto. Jashinism is incorporated into Naruto.

    It's also not an "up-and-coming" religion. It's a dying religion that Jashin's followers are trying to keep alive.

    Blood is not the key to eternal life like the article states. When a Jashinist understands all types of pain, he or she is painted white by Jashin and is given immortality. As an immortal, you are free to wander the world and teach others about Jashinism, as well as sacrifice those who inflict pain on others for their own benefit. Only one Perfect Jashinist has ever existed.

    We are encouraged to cause ourselves pain, yes, but that doesn't always mean physical pain and it doesn't mean we all do it everyday. Innocent Jashinists are not allowed to inflict physical pain on his or her self.

    I have an article that is waiting to be published. Be sure to read it when it comes out.
    May 20th, 2013 at 03:27am
  • Hey Jude

    Hey Jude (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    The subject of the article was really interesting. Keep working on your writing! :)
    May 20th, 2013 at 02:51am
  • Ghoul Scouts

    Ghoul Scouts (165)

    :
    Magazine Staff
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Who would have guessed that something you think is fictional from an anime is actually real. Shocked
    This is interesting.
    May 20th, 2013 at 02:35am
  • gar-bage

    gar-bage (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ GreekAsianPanda
    Well honestly, all I used was yahoo answers and knowledge I knew already that I don't have a source for.
    May 20th, 2013 at 02:21am
  • GreekAsianPanda

    GreekAsianPanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    When I was in seventh grade (2007-08), I had a friend who was really into anime and considered herself a Jashinist. She told me that the god Jashin would heal her self-inflicted wounds. (As far as I know, she's just an atheist now.)

    This would have been a better article if it had cited some sources (and if there were fewer typographical errors), but the subject is very interesting. Jashinism is an example of popular culture's impact on the real world.
    May 20th, 2013 at 02:13am
  • gar-bage

    gar-bage (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ Diamond Bunny.
    It's a blood sacrifice, apparently, but I just don't think it's okay to harm yourself that way.
    May 20th, 2013 at 01:20am
  • delirium.

    delirium. (1200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ electric goat That was another thing I was wondering about, the whole self harm bit, but I didn't know how to go about saying it. I would hate to offend anyone because of something I don't know about. :c
    May 20th, 2013 at 01:17am
  • gar-bage

    gar-bage (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ Diamond Bunny.
    Interesting, definitely. I find myself a little disturbed, as well.

    @ MagicalNeko
    I'm inclined to agree on some levels, though don't wish to insult anyone who does practice. I don't think self-harm, for any reason, is okay.
    May 20th, 2013 at 01:02am
  • MagicalNeko

    MagicalNeko (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    Honestly, I think that Jashinism is just something that was made up for Naruto that rabid fans have decided to take part in. I can say this because during my Naruto craze I claimed myself a Jashinist and cut myself all the time. I still have the scars from the heart and the Jashinist's symbol that I carved into my arms. It seems that, largely, people who do this are Naruto fans or have heard of it through Naruto fans. Naruto is what made it "a thing".
    May 20th, 2013 at 12:57am
  • delirium.

    delirium. (1200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I honestly didn't know this was a thing until I was reading the blogs from a user who has been talking about their experiences. :o It's pretty interesting. Great article, by the way!
    May 19th, 2013 at 10:39pm
  • gar-bage

    gar-bage (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ Hylia.
    From what I've read, people do practice this religion, though as to how organized it is (as compared to Christianity/Islam and such), I'm not quite sure. There's not a ton of information to be found!

    @ NeonUnicorn
    I didn't either until today; I was so fascinated I had to write an article.

    @ Crashing_Demon_666
    You're welcome and thank you!
    May 19th, 2013 at 09:11pm