Spaying and Neutering - Comments

  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Here is a link for low cost spay and neuter clinics, just search for something close to you.

    I run a small colony of cats and do TNR, which is Trap Neuter and Return. When you return cats to the area they were in before, they know where to find food and water and shelter and they prevent from having fertile females from moving into their colony. It is also the best way to keep animals from reproducing.
    May 31st, 2013 at 04:44am
  • OctoberA7X

    OctoberA7X (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I intern at a vet office and I've seen the process! It's painless to the dog or car and I've seen the improvement in temperament
    May 26th, 2013 at 03:26pm
  • Embery

    Embery (100)

    :
    Bibliophile
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    My dog is fixed and any other dogs I get in the future will be fixed as well. It's better for the animals as well, they are more likely to get cancer and other medical problems if they aren't.
    May 26th, 2013 at 03:58am
  • Jashin's wolf

    Jashin's wolf (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    @ Selling dreams
    Thank you!
    A very good point. This article was written about 2 years ago for a 8th grade report.
    May 22nd, 2013 at 06:40pm
  • Selling dreams

    Selling dreams (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This article is really well written.
    A point you don't have though is some dog's physically cant handle giving birth naturally. So without going to a vet, having the puppies can be fatal.
    May 22nd, 2013 at 03:03pm
  • Jashin's wolf

    Jashin's wolf (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    @ a mimosa pudica
    A result of overpopulation due to not spaying and/or neutering pets. The mothers end up getting pregnant and the owners dump the offspring somewhere because they can't handle all those animals. I wish this problem would be resolved and that those kind of owners would take responsibility or just get their pets spayed/neutered in the first place. This is a world-wide problem.
    Thank you!
    May 22nd, 2013 at 02:14am
  • marsflor

    marsflor (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    United States
    Where I live I always see cats running around. The little kids near my school think it's funny throw rocks at them, but they're stupid. It breaks my heart seeing so many homeless cats.
    As for my dog, we had her neutered when she was younger. :p
    May 21st, 2013 at 10:43pm
  • a mimosa pudica

    a mimosa pudica (2200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Philippines
    In my country, I find that there are a lot of dogs and cats stranded with no food to eat. It's horrifying to see cats that were run over by careless drivers, too. The Philippines is not the only country that is facing this kind of problem and I'm not sure if our country even has something they can do about this situation. I'll make sure to read if there are any bills trying to be passed that include solving this problem.

    I agree with Dru, this article is great and I hope more users will read this.
    May 21st, 2013 at 07:52pm
  • Jashin's wolf

    Jashin's wolf (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    @ dru's troubled soul
    Thank you! Arms
    May 20th, 2013 at 11:02pm
  • folie a dru.

    folie a dru. (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    This is a great article. I've had around 8 dogs in my lifetime and all but one were immediately fixed. We had one dog that did get pregnant. We kept two of the puppies, found homes for four, and took the other three to a no-kill shelter. In the area I lived in, which consisted of a lot of small towns, it was also very easy to find a home on a farm for animals where they generally had a ton of dogs and cats. But I will spay or neuter any dog/cat I get. My rabbit is not fixed, but also not in danger of getting pregnant.
    May 20th, 2013 at 10:18pm