9/11 - Rhapsody Of Eternal Grieving - Comments

  • Static Age

    Static Age (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Another wonderful article.
    I'll never forget that day. I was in fourth grade and despite the fact that I live on the west coast we were sent home.

    God bless all of the families who knew victims of the 9-11 tragedy.
    September 12th, 2008 at 05:50am
  • Inkweaver

    Inkweaver (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Neutral Zone
    I live in Brooklyn, about a half hour - an hour drive away.
    That day still haunts me.
    I saw it all out of my fourth grade classroom.
    I've written a journal entry about it if anyone cares.
    September 12th, 2008 at 04:45am
  • Dreaming.:.:.Still

    Dreaming.:.:.Still (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I know that day perfectly well. That was the day I had moved to England... it was only moments after I got off the plane and into my hotel that we had found out... our plane was one of the last planes to leave any airport...

    I hope everyone who suffered or is still suffering is finding their piece and may all the souls RIP!
    July 24th, 2008 at 07:01pm
  • kattattack!

    kattattack! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I remember that all to well, as my uncle would've probably been killed there if the subway he took was out of order that day and he couldn't get to work. I was in first grade at the time, and remember my principal coming over the speakers in the classrooms telling us to turn the local new station on. That was the first tower, and I watched the second get hit and both go down. I knew my uncle worked there, and was hysterical until my mom picked me up. I was the first to leave.

    To this day I can't look at a picture of the Towers without wanting to cry because I know a lot of people lost their lives that day, due to the terrorists and the people trying to save lives.

    God bless all of them and RIP forever.
    June 15th, 2008 at 07:33pm
  • crazy.beautiful

    crazy.beautiful (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    i remember that day like it happened yesterday...i was sitting in my tenth grade spanish class preparing for the test we were supposed to be having when our principal came on the speaker and said that our nation had just been attacked. i remember the panic that spread throughout the entire school after that happened...the news was turned on and i remember sitting in my world history class, watching in horror and shock as the second plane drove right into the second tower.....i still get goosebumps when i think about that day. i heard--last year--while away at school, the park near my college built a memorial for the towers and we had a firefighter who was there that day, in those buildings, he spoke to us--it was an intense experience listening to him relive that horrible day.
    March 22nd, 2008 at 03:44am
  • JustGoFlyAKite

    JustGoFlyAKite (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    My little sister, we dropped her off at nursery school when that happened. It was terrible, we lived about a 10 minute drive from the Twin Towers. I saw the smoke, and I just started screaming. I was tragic. My brother was there, luckily he survived. Whenever I see a movie with the Twin Towers in it, I think about what happened.
    March 21st, 2008 at 04:03pm
  • chester.

    chester. (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    I'm Australian so my memory of the day consisted of waking up in the morining at 6am to watch Pokemon and discovering that it had been cancelled. My initial reaction was anoyance (at the loss of my favourite show) I was 9 at the time so my dad explained what had happened.

    It makes me think; my mum remembers where she was when man landed on the moon and people remember where they were when JFK was shot, it makes me sad that people of my generation get to remember when thoudsands of people were killed by a self centered act of terroism.
    September 12th, 2007 at 02:31pm
  • prozac nation.

    prozac nation. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Today we mourn the loss of all the people who died in the towers. It really looks like the light shining between the towers looks like a cross.
    September 12th, 2007 at 08:33am
  • golfgirl

    golfgirl (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    that day was pretty scary for me. i was only in first grade, so i really had no idea what was going on, but i was scared knowing that something terrible just happened. RIP everyone who lost their lives on that day and bless those who lost loved ones.
    September 12th, 2007 at 05:51am
  • failurebydesignx

    failurebydesignx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    49
    Location:
    United States
    I live like an hour or less away from NYC and where the twin towers happened. I was a third grader and kids were leaving school one by one it was weird. I asked the teachers why and they didn't tell us, but they did know they just didn't want to worry us. I was surprised when i left school to and then i was informed of it. Our schools hold ceremonies every year for it because people from our community of have died in it.
    RIP everyone <3
    September 12th, 2007 at 04:29am
  • Tainted Seance

    Tainted Seance (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Flight 93 crashed only ten or twenty miles away from the school I was going at during the time. We weren't informed of any of this because we were too young. I truthfully, at the age of seven, thought it was funny that a load of kids were being picked up one-by-one, but ever since I really figured out what had happened, it haunts me. If that plane would have crashed beside or on my school, my friends and I could have been that 2,750 plus that lost their lives.
    September 12th, 2007 at 03:34am
  • Mrs.KevinJonas15

    Mrs.KevinJonas15 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Bless to the people who have lost their lives and bless to the people who have lost their loved ones.
    September 12th, 2007 at 02:44am