A Win for "Decency"

A Win for "Decency" Whilst the Council of Camden rejected the proposed Islamic school for planning reasons, the residents rejected the school for racial reasons.

Councilor Peter Johnson reportedly said that he would welcome an Islamic school closer to his home in Catherine Field, possibly near the planned Leppington Train Station.

The Mayor, Chris Patterson said the decision had nothing to do with "religion or multi-culturalism", it was only based on planning alone.

Some of the residents reasons for opposing the school included - Camden losing its status as an "Australian counrty town", an increase in crime, house values dropping and that there would be Arabic signs in Camden.

Kate McCulloch has been labeled "the new Pauline Hanson" who claimed that the town has won a battle of 'decency'. Many residents congratulated her saying that they were proud of her because they were too afraid to say it themselves.

However, there are some Camden residents who are disappointed in McCulloch. A 72-year-old farmer said that the publicity she was receiving was the best way to silence her - "Eventually she will choke on her own words".

Another resident said that she found it disgusting that people she knew would act like this and still claim to be "non-racist".

McCulloch boldly stated "When is someone in this country going to just say the truth? Muslims don't fit in our community or country".

Latest articles