Snow.White.Queen.'s "A Heart Worth Breaking" - Story Review

Story Review for A Heart Worth Breaking by Snow.White.Queen.

Check out my other story reviews! Beaten and Rebuilt, Looper, Cruel Greenie and Co, and Silence.

Image

Alright, starting off the the layout. It's a pretty simple one and it definitely doesn't draw any attention away from the banner. The banner itself will definitely draw in Matt Tuck fans (like myself), but it might turn non-fans away because it doesn't say much about the one-shot rather than Matt Tuck is in it. Overall, the layout and banner aren't distracting or annoying like some others are.

The lack of summary might also turn people away, just because they know nothing about what is going to happen in the one-shot. I know that writing a summary is hard because one-shots are so short, but even just one interesting sentence could draw people into the short story.

The title of the story combined with the chapter title "I don't love you anymore" does make up for the lack of summary though, because it points out that this is either of break up story or possibly a reconnection, although that's least likely. I would still recommend a sentence or two about the story for the summary.

The beginning definitely reassures that it is about a break up simply because of how lifeless Matt is and how he's trying to change his "predictability", because she pointed it out. The story reads really well and so far there aren't any noticeable grammar/spelling mistakes.

The one minor, minor thing that did stand out is when the story talks directly to the readers: "How can you just decide that. . ." To keep the story narrated the same way, perhaps it could say, "How could she just decide that. . ."

The cryptic attitude towards his fans honestly surprised me. I was suspecting something less harsh towards them and more along the lines of "if all these people love me, why doesn't she?" You definitely threw in a curve ball with him stating he didn't care about his fans.

In the end, I was surprised that he felt so strongly about the new girl, seeing as you never actually described an interaction between them.

Overall, I'd give this story three stars.

Image

Simply because there isn't a lot of excitement. I know it's supposed to be with Matt all depressed, but to the readers, there has to be a little something more to pull them in. Also, I would've liked to had read about Matt and the interviewer a little bit more. It seemed that without describing them together that he simply moved on from the girl who broke his heart.

Overall, it was a nice story with really good grammar and flow. I'd recommend it to any Matt Tuck lovers!

~~~

Image
July 7th, 2013 at 01:27am