Interview: Videl

I will always remind you that if you have suggestion for an author to interview, do it here. Thank you for understanding. There is also a list of authors already interviewed, and you can find that here.

I got the chance to interview the beautiful Videl. She has a few Fall Out Boy fan fictions which you can find here. They are really good which is saying a lot from me because well, I'm not a big Fall Out Boy fan. I'm sure there a lot more of you that will love it even if you're not a fan of the bad. Go give them a chance. You never know you might end loving the band just from the stories.

Okay, I know that it gets annoying if the introduction is too long, so here is the interview. I hope you enjoy reading it!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-Videl is a character from Dragonball Z, and she was my hero as a child, I wanted to be just like her.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-Since May '13

3. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started writing when I was a child, about 5 years old, always making stories and books that I would illuistrate as well. I always wanted to be a writer and an artist. I started reading fanfiction when I was 12 and writing when I was 13.

4. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-My main stories right now are:
Car Crash Hearts: a Fall Out Boy fanfiction about the entire band and their group of friends and how they end up saving each others lives.

The Mighty Fall: a Fall Out Boy alternate universe story in which Pete, after being in a car accident that killed his fiancee and was supposed to kill him, becomes a prophet with the ability to see angels and demons controlling the world, and he must fight to rescue his fiancee's life.

5. What's your inspiration for writing?
-Many things, mainly the things I have been through in my life and probably Fall Out Boy.

6. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-I have written both, and I prefer fanfiction based on that I care more about the characters, and its fun.

7. What's your favorite fandom to write about? (Is fandom the correct term I'm looking for?)
-Yes, its fandom! Or in my case, bandom, its Fall Out Boy Mr. Green

8. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-I like to get my inspiration from watching Disney movies and listening to music, just like when I paint/draw.

9. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-I like romantic and drama, and recently starting to write crime and horror. Its fun.

10. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-Anything by birds ate my face (Ali).

11. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-I have a feeling The Mighty Fall will be the most fun, since I can do whatever I want with it.

12. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-Probably Car Crash Hearts, though not really.

13. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-I try and read good books by my favorite authors, to try to see kind of what is going through their minds as they write stories.

14. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-Birds ate me face :) as well as the people that comment on my stories to motivate me, you guys are awesome!

15. Do you research what you write?
-Extensively, I am a sucker for factual information. The Car Crash Hearts I include as much factual information that I can taken from actual Fall Out Boy interviews.

16. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-yes, but i like to have research to back it up as much, I play with descriptions and situations a lot.

17. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-Some of my fav authors, Ernest Hemingway, Stan Lee, Stephen King, and J. D. Salinger, and a lot of new-age authors such as Chuck Palahniuk and Stephen Chbosky as well as John Green. I love J.K Rowling as well, grew up on the Harry Potter series. I have a strong love of comic books. Also, can I say Pete Wentz, because he very technically is an author as well. His lyrics have saved my life.

18. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-Anyone reading my work, thank you so much! I wouldn't have anyone to write for without you guys, so its all for you. Thanks for giving me a chance ^_^

***

Merci beaucoup. It really does mean a lot to me that you took the time to answer my questions. I don't know how many times I have thanked you, but really I am grateful for you doing this.
October 2nd, 2013 at 05:54pm