A Chat Room

• Brendon Urie.

Brendon Urie. (100)

:
    Hey, so I used to be really, really active on this site. Back in the old days with the Mibba Chat, writing bad poetry and stories... making profiles for others to use (I mean the coding side) and avatars and stuff...

Anyone out there from the old days? My memory is shocking, so you’ll have to forgive me!
    January 14th, 2019 at 12:00am
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15220)

:
    Admin
    @ Brendon Urie.
    I was never all that active (all of you guys totally intimidated me!) but I remember your username from way back in the day. Welcome back! tehe

I kind of miss all of the coding for profiles and the 100x100 avas we used to have. And the chat. I lurked around the chat a lot but never ever really went into it. I barely talked to anybody on here pre-2014.
    January 15th, 2019 at 12:01am
  • Brendon Urie.

Brendon Urie. (100)

:
    @ nearly witches.
    Haha! We were a scary bunch. I was very much an angsty teenager, and now I’m all grown up and just face palm really!
    Well thank you!

I miss doing it all to be honest, I should really make the time to get back into it, but now I’m married to a programmer and he thinks my coding is awful! But hey, it worked back in the day!

I always remember so many people lurking, I used to as well, and would talk if I knew someone about, but it was mainly having to wait until all the Americans came online normally! I stayed up for hours every night, it’s a wonder I actually finished school with decent marks.
    January 15th, 2019 at 06:02pm
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15220)

:
    Admin
    @ Brendon Urie.
    I think it was more that I joined after everybody had mass-migrated from GSB/INO/Quizilla and already had their friend 'cliques' and I was too scared to invade those, haha. I ended up in my own little clique in the Elliot Minor fandom (which when I look back, was so small and pretty grim ha) but honestly, I stayed well away from everybody else because I was too scared to talk to folks lmfao

I do as well at stages. If I could find the time to sit down and actually make the effort, I'd re-code my profile but I honestly cannot be bothered because it's a mess and I'd have to find the motivation, ha. Hey, as long as it worked when it had to, that was all that mattered! Nobody was particularly amazing at coding back in the day anyway, we did what we had to in order to get along.

Yes! And it'd always be so busy when I was about to head off to sleep and I'd spend ages online when everybody else came online, but then I'd sacrifice sleep and actually doing homework and stuff. To be fair though, I did the same throughout uni and even now I kind of still do it (although not to as bad an extent) so I can't say it's something I ever grew out of, ha.
    January 15th, 2019 at 07:08pm