What's a Good Story Title?

• Fish Camp:
    The thing about my current story title is that "Sain" is spelled wrong intentionally. Does anyone think that's real bad? I know I hate mispellings, but the character talks about going "insain" as apposed to "insane" the entire time.
    Nope. We know it's intentional. Plus, I'm beginning to like the look and sound of it.
    June 2nd, 2007 at 11:53am
  • I love that story of yours!

I've just got the title for my next story, but still have only a blur for a plot. I'll die.
    June 2nd, 2007 at 11:56am
  • Ohyeah, I just used a song title as a title on my newest fic, 'The Secret's In The Telling,' but it's a Dashboard Confessional song, so it's not really well known here, and it's a songfic. Teehee.
    June 2nd, 2007 at 11:56am
  • Bastard Son.:
    I love that story of yours!

I've just got the title for my next story, but still have only a blur for a plot. I'll die.
    You have a new story! I'm dying to read it. Teehee. Dance
    June 2nd, 2007 at 11:58am
  • The Way:
    Bastard Son.:

I have the title. The story.. Well... Ugh. I wrote, like three pages and figured it wasn't going anywhere so I deleted them. Fuckwit. I called it Detention Boy. Heh.
    June 2nd, 2007 at 12:26pm
  • Bastard Son.:
    I have the title. The story.. Well... Ugh. I wrote, like three pages and figured it wasn't going anywhere so I deleted them. Fuckwit. I called it Detention Boy. Heh.
    I could bless you - I bet you'd get a burst of inspiration afterwards!
    Smiley
    2$ per word of the blessing [/spam]
    June 2nd, 2007 at 12:48pm
  • Sherlock:
    Bastard Son.:
    I could bless you - I bet you'd get a burst of inspiration afterwards!
    Smiley
    2$ per word of the blessing [/spam]
    :lmfao I got the idea actually! Wow I wuv you! x]] And you're expensive!
    June 2nd, 2007 at 01:04pm
  • Bastard Son.:
    The Way:
    Bastard Son.:

I have the title. And the story. I mean, the plot, the main idea. I have the beginning and the ending. I have to add something in the middle LOL
    June 2nd, 2007 at 01:19pm
  • Sometimes [a lot of the time] I get a title before a story, but the title carries a certain plot with it. And then, I just have to think how to start it - most of the time that's the problem for me, not the middle; the beginning and ending...
    June 2nd, 2007 at 06:40pm
  • Josipa:
    Bastard Son.:
    The Way:
    Bastard Son.:

I have the title. And the story. I mean, the plot, the main idea. I have the beginning and the ending. I have to add something in the middle LOL
    Exactly. I have the title, the beginning, the ending, and the general theme... just nothing inside it. Haha.
    June 3rd, 2007 at 09:34am
  • It took me the longest time to get a story title for my second story, it started off as Me and the Moon, but I didn't want to name another story after a song.
    After a while I came up with 'Venenum', I think people might think it's weird, but it's just Latin.
    June 3rd, 2007 at 02:38pm
  • Sardonic Grin:
    Fish Camp:
    The thing about my current story title is that "Sain" is spelled wrong intentionally. Does anyone think that's real bad? I know I hate mispellings, but the character talks about going "insain" as apposed to "insane" the entire time.
    Nope. There's nothing wrong with that- I think they are plenty of professional authors who misspell words intentionally to intensive the story or something. It's just part of the creative liscence we writers get :)
    Example: Pet Sematary. ^^;
    June 4th, 2007 at 03:09am
  • `I don't know if this is the place to ask...but I need to change the story title for my story Disturbia as it is also the title of a movie and I have being unoriginal. It's about a murder and kidnapping that happens about 12 someodd years ago, that never gets solved. I would get more indepth, but I don;t want to give anything away >_>
    June 4th, 2007 at 08:16am
  • Sardonic Grin:
    `I don't know if this is the place to ask...but I need to change the story title for my story Disturbia as it is also the title of a movie and I have being unoriginal. It's about a murder and kidnapping that happens about 12 someodd years ago, that never gets solved. I would get more indepth, but I don;t want to give anything away >_>
    Did you get the title from the movie, or it just came out and you realized they're the same? I think it's fine.... but there's a lot of titles you can do with the few details you gave away regarding the plot. Um... Interlude To Murder?
    June 4th, 2007 at 11:19am
  • Sardonic Grin:
    `I don't know if this is the place to ask...but I need to change the story title for my story Disturbia as it is also the title of a movie and I have being unoriginal. It's about a murder and kidnapping that happens about 12 someodd years ago, that never gets solved. I would get more indepth, but I don;t want to give anything away >_>
    I will so read it (: I'm intrigued (:

Title? I like that one, doesn't matter it's also a movie title. The plot isn't the same.

I have a few ideas, you can use something if you like:

"Face of the Past"

"The Unknown"

"Tainted Past"

I actually enjoy naming stories, I'll come up with more (:
    June 4th, 2007 at 04:12pm
  • Jenni, don't change it! It actually adds up to the story! Oh, and totally the wrongest place ever, but I RECC THAT STORY.
    June 4th, 2007 at 06:27pm
  • Lol, are you sure? I feel like its making me seem unoriginal. I do like the title though XD I'll rest on it, maybe ask Nikki who is writing it with me. I liked some of Josipa's titles- thank you ^^

And thanks Bastard Son for reccing it XD <3
    June 4th, 2007 at 08:52pm
  • Pretty much. It really adds up that eerie feel to it. like they're all stuck in a completely different world whose rulse they don't know yet. I was drawn to it by its title in the first place.

Nah, you're welcome.
    June 4th, 2007 at 09:41pm
  • Sardonic Grin:
    Lol, are you sure? I feel like its making me seem unoriginal. I do like the title though XD I'll rest on it, maybe ask Nikki who is writing it with me. I liked some of Josipa's titles- thank you ^^

And thanks Bastard Son for reccing it XD <3
    I like Disturbia. If I were you, I wouldn't change it. I named one of my chapters "D is for Dangerous" and then realized that it was actually a song (: But I stuck to it 'cause I liked it.

And no problem, I'm always here to help :D
    June 5th, 2007 at 04:15pm
  • I think vague(sp?) titles are good. Where they are maybe just one word like this book called 'Snap' just one word that is so almost random. But it has such a big meaning in the book.
    June 22nd, 2007 at 06:26am