Comment on the Story Layout

• folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    Oh, you know the banner is the shit. tehe No, JK.

I like the bokeh you chose to use because, in a way, bokeh textures are very much like lights which remind you of the stagelights, which tie in with the performance. But I like that you went with blue because it's not too distracting. And then I love how the entire center section is white as opposed to just the section where the story itself is.

Much Too Young to Feel This Damn Old.
    April 19th, 2010 at 05:32am
  • die Bienen Knie

die Bienen Knie (150)

:
    I like the banner but there's a little too much black otherwise. The font is nice and the color of the font I like.

Innocence.
    April 19th, 2010 at 06:18am
  • folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    The center alignment works for the length. I like the colors, but I wish there was some graphic in the layout somewhere.

Pointy Fucking Shoes.
    April 19th, 2010 at 06:31am
  • legacy .

legacy . (100)

:
    Not only did I like this story, but I also really love the layout. I don't often like the look of a right aligned story, but you've made it look really nice. The background in the story area is so simple yet very pretty. It's enough to give the story a little something extra, yet not enough to completely distract you from the story, you know?

All in all, it's one of your simpler layouts I think. I'm used to seeing your stoies with both a background and a banner, and this and that, that it's nice to see something simpler. It's a really nice one Cute

Reaching
    April 19th, 2010 at 08:54pm
  • vintage paparazzi;

vintage paparazzi; (100)

:
    I love this. The colors match perfectly, and the page divider is very pretty and intricate. I love it. Its very neutral and nature-y. haha.

Pulse
    April 20th, 2010 at 04:07am
  • oh how lovely.

oh how lovely. (100)

:
    Don

Jeeze, this is absolutely the most gorgeous layout I've ever seen! I love the background. That color blue is very soft, and resembles the sky, and the design is very different. The banner! Jesus, did you make that? It's amazing! I love all the textures! Especially, the light texture, which goes really well, and the scribbles. The text is amazing! That color really pops and it looks really cool! The story, itself, looks very interesting. I'm definitely gonna' subscribe.

Affliction, please
    April 23rd, 2010 at 09:56pm
  • hengstin.

hengstin. (250)

:
    I think it's nice. The colors match pretty well, and I love the background image. However, the girl's picture seems a bit blurry and bright. Other than that, I like it.

Better Off?
    April 23rd, 2010 at 10:30pm
  • Tyson Ritter

Tyson Ritter (105)

:
    So, I like the dark color of the font, even though the background is black, it's working nice.
    I'm not too keen on the font you choose, but the banner is nice.

Beyond This Illusion
    April 23rd, 2010 at 10:39pm
  • Fangs Up.

Fangs Up. (100)

:
    I really like this, the colours blend in well with each other! I like purple :D
    I like the image in it, is it supposed to be a person? or did I make it up?
    I love the title of the story, it's pretty =D

Welcome to Wonderland please
    April 23rd, 2010 at 10:53pm
  • hengstin.

hengstin. (250)

:
    I don't really like the background color, or how large the banner is. The blue in the font doesn't match super-well, either.

I'm not that big a fan of the layout, sorry.

Can't Hold You Back?
    April 23rd, 2010 at 11:29pm
  • space cadet glow.

space cadet glow. (100)

:
    I really like the banner, and how the title and author look separate from the main picture. I also love the effect of the title, with the white shining through and around the letters. Admittedly the colour of the story font isn't really one I'm a fan of, but it matches the banner well and is readable, so there's not really a problem with it.

I also like the way the border is like... complementary with your banner around the sides. Just something random I noticed there. XD

Lights, please?
    April 24th, 2010 at 04:10am
  • killing classics;

killing classics; (100)

:
    Oh, wow that's really pretty. That's the first thing I said when I saw it. The colors look really good together. I love the textures behind the world Lights, it looks really cute. Cheese

Running Scared, please?
    April 30th, 2010 at 11:48pm
  • She Said Poptarts

She Said Poptarts (150)

:
    Board Moderator
    ... that is one gorgeous layout. Seriously. I love the background picture, the wood stock gives it something special, the banner you have for the layout.. the purple in it has really good contrast against the dark background. And the cute little flower border just adds to it.

Lets Prove Them Wrong ..
    May 1st, 2010 at 07:49am
  • legacy .

legacy . (100)

:
    Twitch
    Really?
    Fuck, that's gorgeous.
    ...Excuse my French Shifty
    The banner, first of all, is AMAZING. No lie. And I love how you've combined backgrounds for the entire thing, and then for the story area, without making it too much for your eyes.
    It's amazing.

Before The Worst
    May 1st, 2010 at 10:16am
  • folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    I love the picture and the positioning of it is Great. I love the use of the two colors and how the background color matches with the colors in the image. I like the symbols in the summary and the center placement. Nice font choice and sizing as well. I'm not certain if I would like the title above the picture though, I think I'd prefer it underneath.

His Name is Regret.
    May 1st, 2010 at 09:01pm
  • die Bienen Knie

die Bienen Knie (150)

:
    Oh my god, I love it, the color is great, the pictures you found are rad, the black boxes around each one gives a great effect...
    The only thing I'm not sure about it the quote in the box with the chapter, I like what it says but I think it might look better someplace else, by the pics maybe?

World War Three or Innocence.
    May 1st, 2010 at 09:57pm
  • the fallen.

the fallen. (100)

:
    World War Three: I love the simplicity of it. Cute

My Angelica, please.
    May 1st, 2010 at 10:02pm
  • die Bienen Knie

die Bienen Knie (150)

:
    The banner at the top is nice and simple and the design on the sides is very nice.
    Your layout isn't distracting and it's easy to read, normal font/size and such.
    The little thingy at the top of your words looks real sharp as well.

Innocence.
    May 1st, 2010 at 10:06pm
  • Careless Whisper.

Careless Whisper. (310)

:
    If I'm being honest, it's a bit... boring. Maybe it isn't working right on my computer, but to me its showing up as a yellow box? It's easy to read, but that's about it...

Restless Dreams
    May 5th, 2010 at 06:57am
  • thalida.

thalida. (320)

:
    I love the background image and the Victorian -- old-school-ness feel I get from it.
    I must say, I'm not too much of a fan of the color used for the story title.
    But, other than that it's well done.

About a Girl Story Layout.
    May 5th, 2010 at 07:01am