• i r i s;

i r i s; (100)

:
    Title: So Many Complications

Author: totalizzyness

Story Type: Fiction

Rating: PG-13

Genre: Of the romance-y kind.

Reason for reccing: I've been reading her writing for five or so years, so I've watched her style change, ect, and I think she's an amazing writer, and this story is no different. The amount of planning she's done really shows, because the story, even though two chapters long, is already evolving into something really cool.

Summary: Pippa liked her life. It wasn't "normal" to some people's standards, but no one could fault it. Her parents were a classic love story; her mother - Nonna - was a Russian ex-beauty queen, her father - Martin - was an average business-man working in St Petersburg when he met Nonna. Even though she didn't speak a word of English, the two fell in love and got married, moving to England. Shortly after Pippa's younger sister, Dina, was born, she started to learn English. Pippa and her sister were taught both English and Russian, and were fluent in both languages.

Pippa was in her final year of college, studying History and English Literature, planning to study History and English at university. She also worked in a small bookshop not far from her college. Her life was perfect to her.

Excerpt: He pulled Pippa closer to him, burying her face into his chest to stop her from seeing Dina and called her father. The ambulance arrived and bundled Dina into it. Pippa closed her eyes, listening to the stranger talk to her father, inhaling his aftershave, which seemed to calm her down. He stroked her shoulder with his thumb, doing his best to comfort her. After he hung up he held Pippa at arms length.
    May 13th, 2011 at 06:43pm
  • imbalance

imbalance (100)

:
    Title: Let Me Sleep

Author: Haven.xoxo

Story Type: Original fiction

Rating: NC-17

Genre: Romance, horror, tragedy

Reason for reccing: It was just amazing, it made me want to cry. There was so much emotion in it for a one shot.

Summary: She doesn't love him, and most likely never will.
    He loves her, and always will, no matter what.

She's suicidal, he's there for her.
    She uses him for sex, he lets her.

Their relationship is illegal.

The rest is silence.

Excerpt: He puts his head in his hands as he leans over, resting his elbows on his knees. Even if his relationship with his student is illegal, he can't find it in him to care. He'd admired her from afar, had felt the jealousy as she dated Nicholas, had dreamed of holding her at night. When Nicholas died in a heist at the bank he worked at, Zulie had changed drastically.

When her grades began to fall, and she came to classes with a dead look in her eyes and long-sleeved shirts, John decided to step in. He made her stay after class one day, and had his heart shredded when she finally showed him the long gashes across her arms and crumbled before him. From then on, John was almost always in her room, watching her, softly talking to her and comforting her. When she kissed him one day, he let her, and let her use his body to forget.

He didn't mind, not at first. He'd wanted her for so long, he just wanted to be able to touch her and hug her and tell her she's beautiful. He kept her from cutting, and had saved her life more than once when she tried to kill herself. He had realized how much he loved her when she told him bluntly that she was using him to forget Nicholas.
    May 14th, 2011 at 11:12am
  • Wednesday Way!

Wednesday Way! (100)

:
    Title: Jack's Raging Hormones

Author: The Way

Story type: Original fiction.

Genre: Drama, Action, Thriller

Reason for reccing: Won first place in the Boys In Bright Dresses and Colorful Satin Sashes Contest Part Deux

Summary: They're all heirs, all sons of practically-royalty, all headed for lives full of desk jobs and jet skis. And they all resent it. Every single last one of the bastards.

So they rebel with their fists.

Excerpt: "Who's the new guy?"

We've all been thinking it, but it was loudmouth Dominic who voiced it out. Thank god for Sean, who was always attached to his hip, who took it upon himself to deliver a particularly bruising nudge under his ribs. That made him wince, and keep quiet for a sweet, hot minute, but the damage was done.

Of course we could still pretend nobody said it. The point of the whole thing was that nobody should stick out; we were all equals, measured not by our trust funds or their grades or even the ferocity of our left uppercuts. But it couldn't be avoided. Nobody was supposed to talk about it either, and nobody did, but word got out anyway. That was secondary school for you, estrogen or no.

So there really was no reason to acknowledge him, but it had been a good long while since someone dared to risk getting expelled by being a member. Sure, it would've been easy to overlook a new face in the hallways, 'since transfers happened all the time, but not here. Not where we were.
    May 18th, 2011 at 03:09pm
  • Nonsensical.

Nonsensical. (100)

:
    Title: Promises We Meant to Make
    Author: Faub.
    Story type: In progress
    Summary:
    Isaac Bashevis Singer once said "Every creator painfully experiences the chasm between his inner vision and its ultimate expression. The chasm is never completely bridged. We all have the conviction, perhaps illusory, that we have much more to say than appears on paper."

Henry Thomas needed to write. This time there was no deadline, no dull story, no quotes by painfully dim-witted people. Henry needed to write for himself, and he needed to write for her.

He couldn't find the words. Never could, actually, but this time he needed to. He needed to tell her how he felt, he needed to hear her laugh, he needed her to be with him once again. But she was gone. And she wasn't coming back.

Henry thought about her, and he started writing.
    June 1st, 2011 at 10:33pm
  • fooleish

fooleish (205)

:
    Title: But a Dream
    Author: dimmingdivine on livejournal
    Story Type: fan-fiction
    Fandom: Panic! at the Disco/The Young Veins (Jon/Ryan)
    Rating: R
    Genre: romance?
    Reason for reccing: It’s kind of magical, is the only way I can describe it, and really beautifully-written. It’s pretty nonsensical and by the end of it, I still didn’t really understand what had happened but it didn’t matter because that was kind of the appeal of it. It’s just sort of a ridiculous love story but it isn’t fluffy at all, it’s just so... real. Really heart-warming, though, and I’m pretty sure I had hearts in my eyes when I got to the end.
    Summary: "...because the brainchild of your inexplicable pot fantasy should always get along with your best friend, especially when said fantasy is… actually real." (Northern Downpour AU.)
    Excerpt: Jon knows it’s pouring rain before he even opens his eyes, hears it pounding against the windowpanes and wonders vaguely how much rain it takes to make a monsoon. If there are even monsoons in Chicago. If he even cares. (He kind of doesn’t.)

What he does care about is why Tom is petting him, because he knows they smoked about twice the weed they normally do, and okay, he’s pretty sure he’s still high too. But in no way does that explain why Tom’s hand is busy carding through Jon’s hair instead of channel-surfing or making pancakes or whatever-the-fuck-else. Jon’s tired, dammit. So he swipes the hand away, “Fuck off, dude,” presses his face hard into the pillow.

“Sorry.” The voice is quiet, subdued… and definitely not Tom. What?

Jon turns his head toward the voice, pries open his tired eyes and fixes them on the person in his room, bleary. He sees long fingers first, twisting thoughtfully atop bony knees and the skinniest thighs Jon’s ever seen (except for maybe Bill’s, but he’d have to measure to be sure). A few blinks, and he’s found an inquisitive face with these pretty, honey-brown eyes, and a tousled mess of brown hair, but no answers.

“How did you get in here?” Maybe he didn’t have to at all. Maybe Jon’s imagining him. Maybe he’s still asleep – a dream within a dream.

“Well. It’s what you wished for, isn’t it?” Earnest eyes, earnest mouth, those fingers still fussing pensively in that narrow lap. He maybe looks too young to be legal. “I’m Ryan.”
    June 4th, 2011 at 01:47pm
  • fun ghoul fez.

fun ghoul fez. (100)

:
    Title: Stained
    Author: skeletonletters.
    Story Type: Fan fiction (Frerard)
    Genre: Tragedy.

Reason for reccing: First off, it won first place in my My Chemical Romance Songfic Contest. It is an absolutely gorgeous piece. The way she uses words is so poetic, yet so simple at the same time. It broke my heart to read it, quite simply.

Summary:
    Things are empty; these words die like stale creatures in my throat.

And I'm praying for a miracle in cold blood.

Excerpt:

I try to draw, to paint, to write. Hell, I even try to sing songs that I used to give you lullabies with. But you're not here to hold at night, no 'more, please' escapes your lips. You were always the life of a party, of a movement, of a declaration. Now there aren't any of these things, we just stare at each other and feel the gray of it all. And I feel bitter, and tired. It seeps through my bones and I can't get it out, I'm all filled up with lead and leaking batteries.

“You've got to go out, honey.” I hear my mom say, and I ignore the worried looks exchanged between herself and my dad every time me and Mikey mention something about you. I get so angry sometimes, so mad at you for it happening. But then I hate myself twice as much after I feel that way. It wasn't your fault; just masked hoodlums performing random acts on the already crime-ridden streets of New Jersey. But you will never be another number to me; you'll never be a thought in the back of my mind.

But sometimes, I really wish you were.

Title: (If We Can) Find Where We Belong
    Author: this beautiful thief.
    Story Type: My Chemical Romance fanfiction.
    Genre: Horror, tragedy, thriller.

Reason for reccing: This piece also won first place in my contest. She is one of my favorite authors on Mibba; her character development is absolutely phenomenal and her writing style in general is great. In addition, I'm a huge fan of zombie stories and this one is just great.

Summary:

Thirty days before the end of the world, the first zombie appears on the side of a motorway somewhere in north England, hitch-hiking a ride to nowhere. Less than a month later, three quarters of the world's population have been maimed and massacred, and many of them continue to walk the earth as brain-thirsty living dead.

In a world where survival is improbable and hinges on little more than quick wits and pure luck, there are four friends living in a basement in New Jersey, just trying to get through the end of the world. This is their story.

Excerpt:

(Frank will tell Mikey later, on the seventy-seventh day after the end of the world, how Bob was barely more than a heap of bones and blood patched together with skin when they found him sprawled outside the supermarket, forgotten paper bags split on the pavement next to him. He’ll tell him how Ray had to shoot Bob through the head with his own rifle to make sure he wouldn’t come back because Frank couldn’t, because Frank was too busy throwing up the contents of his empty stomach. He’ll tell him how the image of Bob’s mutilated corpse still haunts his every waking moment and Mikey will weep silent, awful tears that Frank will wipe away with the pad of his calloused fingers because none of this was supposed to happen, none of it.

But the world stopped listening to their cries of unfair a long time ago.)
    June 14th, 2011 at 07:29pm
  • silk tea.

silk tea. (400)

:
    Title: Fat Girl
    Author: turducken.
    Story Type: Original
    Genre: Romance Drama Teen
    Reason for reccing: Takes a very sensitive manner and makes it incredible. This is one of my favorite pieces.
    Summary: There are always stories about girls.

There are stories about white girls and stories about black girls. There are stories about tall girls and stories about short girls. There are stories about girls with brown hair, blonde hair, black hair or even no hair at all.

There are stories about pretty girls and stories about rich girls, or girls who find themselves the object of a rich boy's affection. There are stories about girls with freckles and girls with glasses. Some of these girls have large chests; others are flat on both sides.

Some wear lots of pink, some wears lots of black, and some don't wear anything at all. In these stories, there are girls who are self righteous prudes and insecure sluts, there are girls that fall too fast and girls that play hard to get.

There are stories about girls who listen to Avenged Sevenfold and stories about girls who listen to the Jonas Brothers. There are stories about girls who have dogs, and cats and brothers, and there are stories about girls who have pet iguanas and a sister in college.

However, there are no stories about fat girls.
    June 15th, 2011 at 02:38am
  • sunday morning

sunday morning (150)

:
    Title: Lorelei
    Author: throw up
    Story Type: original fiction
    Genre: romance / fantasy
    Reason for reccing: The author is only 13 years old, hasn't even been to high school yet and everything she writes is absolutely brilliant! I love her characters and how she portrays them. This one is my current favorite story on mibba.

Summary: she'll kill you if you get too close

Excerpt:
    Please don’t get the wrong idea; I really don’t jump the first guy I see. I haven’t been with many guys, so ignore what Travie tells you. I’m not a slut.

I’m not a slut, believe me.

I only got this way... because of Travie. I’m telling you to ignore what he says about me, about what happened with us, because it won’t be the truth. He never used to lie, though.

Title: Morning Wood and Monthly Visitors
    Author: paprika.
    Story Type: original fiction.
    Genre: Romance / Comedy / Teen
    Reason for reccing: Very cute beginning! The layout fits it great. The narrator is also very quirky and humorous. It's definitely got a lot going for it. I'm excited for the rest of the story.

Summary:
    Petra and Chance both only had one thing in common: a mutual hate.

She saw him as a perverted asshole that was lazy and needed to get his things together, and stop being a asshole

He saw her as an uptight bitch that needed to let loose and have fun and not take things so seriously, and stop being a bitch.

But when they accidentally break a glass cat figurine in the little Asian store together, making a run for it before anyone can catch them, they find themselves in a comprimising position.

Because suddenly Chance has boobs and Petra has a penis and they both have each other's faces.

This would be classified as "not good".

Excerpt:
    “This is all your fault!”

“My fault? You were the one that was all ‘oh my god, you need to buy me a new drink’, not me. Hence, your fault.”

I glared, clenching my teeth and mentally slicing his mouth off with a giant machete. “You wouldn’t even have to if you didn’t knock it over in the first place!” I threw my hands up in irritation, restraining the urge to kick his shin and take a run for it.

What an appealing idea that would be. Maybe he’d get kidnapped and I’d never have to go through this sort of torture ever again.

“You were in my way!” he defended himself, crossing his arms over his chest and mimicking my glare.

Two could play at that game.

Title: Love, for the Romantically Disabled
    Author: rains.in.spain
    Story Type: original fiction
    Genre: romance / drama / tragedy
    Reason for reccing: Her writing is all amazing. I love everything I've read by her. This one is one of my all time favorites on mibba. It takes place during the second world war and its so simple how she writes about it yet so great at the same time. The way she describes the main character and his brothers was enough to make me fall in love!

Summary:
    Our war made us fall in love
    Until their War tore us apart

Excerpt:
    There are small tiny kisses that last a millisecond that can convey a simple message. There are long sloppy messy kisses that are just plain gross. Then there are fake kisses don't feel right.

But Leon's kiss was none of those things. His lips were firm and steady, sending a warm feeling to flutter through me. He told me how much he wanted me, how angry I'd made him by babbling about James, and how he wanted to make me as happy as possible.

All these things in a simple kiss that lasted only a few moments.
    June 24th, 2011 at 06:05am
  • fooleish

fooleish (205)

:
    Title: Kevin Sometimes
    Author: starflowers on livejournal
    Story Type: fan-fiction
    Rating: PGish
    Genre: fantasy/supernatural
    Reason for reccing: This is seriously one of the saddest, sweetest, beautifulest things I have ever read. I cried for about ten minutes straight when I finished it, it's just so beautifully-written.
    Summary: A story about death, but mostly the things that happen after.
    Excerpt: Sometimes the boy tangled in the web would get so angry that he’d scream and writhe and tear at his own face, fingernails leaving lines like a plastic surgeon, like he was cutting away all the bits that didn’t agree with his idea of how he should look and who he should be. Other times, the boy went eerily silent and eerily still, fading and fading until there was only a twisted, broken shadow left. Sometimes he cried and sometimes he begged and sometimes he held still and breathed as best he could. Most times, though, he raged.

It was a feeling Mike could certainly understand, and maybe that’s why he’d been given the assignment.

“You can’t get too close,” William said, and Mike snorted. Like he’d been inclined, at this early stage, to leave the rafters where he and William crouched, watching from the shadows as the boy snarled, snapped, and tested the limits of his new prison. “No,” William said quietly, hand on Mike’s shoulder, forcing his attention away from the boy below and back to William. “Not ever, Carden,” William told him carefully, eyes wide and searching Mike’s earnestly. “You don’t even—you’ve never even imagined how he could tear you apart, you don’t even know. You can’t know.”

There were parts of William that were still shattered and broken; Mike knew he spoke from personal experience.

“I’ll be careful,” Mike promised. William didn’t look reassured. Maybe he’d promised to be careful once, too. Before Gabriel.

“See that you are,” William said faintly, closing his eyes.

Below them, the boy howled.

Suicides were the fucking worst.
    June 26th, 2011 at 02:35pm
  • it's H A Y L E Y !

it's H A Y L E Y ! (100)

:
    Title: My Beautiful Girl
    Author: Secrets.and.Magic
    Story Type: One-Shot
    Rating: G
    Genre: -
    Reason for reccing: It is so sweet and it is just very easy to read and makes you feel quite happy
    Summary: A man thinks back on times gone by and expresses his love for a certain girl.. his beautiful girl.
    Excerpt: I can remember the first time I set eyes on her, my beautiful girl. The earth moved, the moon and stars realligned themselves to her, the centre of my universe. A delicate little thing; porcelain skin, with rosy red lips, a mop of curly brown hair atop her head, and the most beautiful brown eyes.
    I knew that this feeling, this brilliant new feeling would never die away. I would love her until the day I died. Hours were spent with her, talking together, laughing together, growing together, changing together. Even though she grew older, more distant, even though we argued and fell out, I still loved her. She was still my beautiful girl.
    July 7th, 2011 at 09:24pm
  • fun ghoul fez.

fun ghoul fez. (100)

:
    Title: Snow Angels
    Author: FunGhoul
    Story Type: Fanfiction (Frerard)
    Genre: Romance, Drama.

Reason for reccing: I adore every piece of her's that I've read, which is one reason I'm reccing this, but it was absolutely beautiful. Her writing is just gorgeous, from her description to her dialogue. I defy you to not be sad if you choose to read this.

Summary:

When Gerard calls Frank’s name that winter day, and walks past the frozen swing sets and through the drifting snowflakes to stand before him, he’s just like an angel; a snow angel who’s magnificent while he’s there, but who’s gone once the storm arrives. He’s a messenger of the non-existent hope that’s nothing but wishful thinking in disguise.

Excerpt:

“Still living with the dogs, I see,” he continued, smiling. He nodded at Radar; the black dog had thrown himself down beside Frank’s feet, snorting and gnawing at the tiny bits of ice that had clumped together underneath his paws. “Any chance you share them with a human this time?” he added jokingly.

“Nah.” Frank shook his head. “It’s just me and the dogs. Dogs are less complicated anyway.”

“Yeah,” he nodded in response, talking to the ground and the tip of his boot. “Yeah, I guess they are.” There was another short pause. Then he drew his breath sharply, seemingly wanting to get the next words out in the open before he had a change of heart. “Hey, uh, I’ve missed you, you know. I wanted to call you, many times, to apologize and everything but…” His voice trailed off.

“I know, Gerard. I know. Me too.” Frank looked at him; his gaze was still directed at the ground. He wanted him to look up. He wanted to put his hand underneath his chin and make him look up and into his eyes, but instead of his hands he chose to use the words. “I wanted to call you… but never to say I was sorry. I meant what I said back then, every single word. I don’t regret them.”
    July 8th, 2011 at 04:53pm
  • ladyschrei

ladyschrei (550)

:
    Title: Motel 69
    Author: Charlie Sheen
    Story Type: Original Fiction
    Genre: Teen.

Reason for reccing:
    Although she's only two chapters in, the story Charlie Sheen has created there is simply amazing, from the summary right on down to the chapters. It's a beautiful piece of work and, although both chapters are short, I can tell the rest of the story is going to be wonderful Cute

Summary:
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Sugar is sweet
    And so are you

But the roses have perished
    The violets are dead
    The sugar bowl is empty
    The walls are stained red

'Twas the blood of Marilyn Lee
    Who never had a chance to see
    Just how beautiful
    He could be.

Excerpt:
    Seth Evans, the comedian he is, jumped at the opportunity to shine. "Like Marilyn Monroe, the sex symbol?" He smirked, while others gave a wolf whistle.

White teeth made an appearance as she opened her mouth, "Marilyn, as in my aunt who passed away from cancer two months before I was born."

The room immediately became somber. Marilyn's lips twitched to the side, half a smirk, half a smile. She took the seat the professor had pointed to.

The school itself wasn't that small. There were about three hundred and twelve students in total, eighty eight in her senior class. Seth Evans leaned to the right, since the new student was placed next to him, and whispered into her ear. He was sorry, he said, he had no idea.

Marilyn didn't even glance at him. She just shimmied her desk further away from his.
    July 8th, 2011 at 09:15pm
  • Morpheus' Muse

Morpheus' Muse (100)

:
    Title: ROY G BIV
    Author: Endgame Scribe
    Story Type: Original Story
    Rating: Restricted
    Genre: Romance, Drama, Teen
    Reason for reccing: This is a gorgeously done story, one that is beautifully honest and well done. The author's characters are realistic and relatable and the story is a sweet statement about friendship and family.
    Summary:

A love story in full Technicolor

It took me forever to figure out, but I think I finally get it.

It's not about the outline people draw for us, the one they expect us to fit into perfectly. It's not about being the sharpest crayon in the box.

It's just about the colors that make you who you are.

Excerpt:

All the other kids were laughing with each other, running around with toys or comparing new school supplies. Harper smiled as she walked to her cubby and hung up her backpack, a new surge of confidence driving out her nerves. She'd get some friends, she knew, because she had the 64 pack of crayons. With a sharpener.

Harper brought her pencil pouch and art box to a table, looking for her name at one of the chairs. Once she found it, she grinned brightly, sitting next to a short boy with long dark hair. She thought it looked nice, but kind of weird at the same time, because it was long like a girl's. He had a pretty smile though, she saw as he turned towards her with one on his face, and his eyes looked nice. They looked like they had sparkles in them.

Harper loved sparkles.
    August 5th, 2011 at 01:54am
  • swell

swell (150)

:
    Title: Mon Amour Le Demon

Author:rebecca_reaper

Genre: Horror

Reason for reccing: Won second place in my contest.

Summary:
    "Battle not with monsters
    lest ye become a monster;
    and if you gaze into the abyss
    the abyss gazes into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Excerpt:
    Alina's smile widened. "What took you so long Devan?" She asked, pouting her lips.

Devan returned the gesture and leaned in closer over her sister. "You'll see in a little bit but first, I wanted to give you this."

The older girl pacted her lips with Alina in a kiss. It began as a gentle, affectionate kiss to a heated and passionate one. Alina gasped and smiled as the desire for Devan's body increased. Devan knew her little sister enjoyed when their bodies and souls entwined. Alina loved it, just as she has for the past year.

Devan smiled at the idea of having seduced her thirteen year old sister with success. With that in mind, Devan began ripping away at Alina's coat and white shirt. The bare skin of the adolescent shined in the morning sky. Alina moaned with the contact Devan made but she pulled away quickly.

"Devan? What's wrong?" Alina asked, praying her sister would continue. Devan in return indicated her to not speak. Devan threw off her own shirt and skirt in a hurry, also wanting to continue. They were now totally induced in the act when an angry cry interrupted them.
    August 6th, 2011 at 04:09am
  • swell

swell (150)

:
    Title: Pyschonaut

Author: rocknrolljunkie989

Genre: Mystery, Sci-fi, Drabble

Reason for reccing: Won first prize in my contest

Summary: Where am I?

Excerpt:
    Where am I?

He asked himself this question time and time again, but he knew very well where he was. At least, he thought he knew. He was in the little-explored realm of outer space, watching the earth from the heavens.

Oxygen was running low. The control center he had been dropped off on was slowly burning from its air-filled insides. He had escaped in one of the few suits they had in case of emergency. There weren't enough, and many were left to suffer death by fire rather than by suffocation.

The world below him was in a state of nuclear-warfare chaos. Bombs flew from country to country, demolishing the earth one section at a time. He stood above the tragedy on earth and beside the mess on the control center, hopeless. He could do nothing to save either of them.
    August 6th, 2011 at 04:15am
  • swell

swell (150)

:
    Title: A Sucker's Dream

Author: rocknrolljunkie989

Story Type: Fan-fiction, featuring both Placebo as well as Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids.

Genre: Romance, Drama, Tragedy

Reason for reccing: Won first prize my contest

Summary: This is the story of Brian Molko, a nineteen-year-old college student, who is thrown into the 'real world' due to a careless mistake. What appears to be a blessing will soon turn into a curse. Will you stay to cringe at this fragile soul's descent into the rockstar world of drug addiction and unconventional love, or are you too scared?

Excerpt:
    The first time I ever realized something was wrong with our relationship was when Stephen introduced me to his friends. He refused to call me his boyfriend and wouldn't indulge in any physical contact. His friends seemed to get the hint, seeing the annoyance through my false smile. Eventually, someone told him to quit being a bitch because they weren't stupid, and he soon showed his affection. It was almost as if he was ashamed of me.

This meeting lasted little over fifteen minutes because they were to go onstage. The concert was amazing, as I was more than willing to admit. It was heavily laden with blood, twisted childhoods, and symbols that left your mind blown. Stephen's keyboard was perched on a cage with a half-naked woman inside of it. Everyone had painted their faces with stage makeup. It was an incredible show.

When it ended, the backstage was a flurry of activity. The band changed while the next band were making their final preparations to go onstage. People were running around like crazy, trying to talk to the band and get their autographs. I stood inside the dressing room, bombarded with the excess energy that radiated from nearly everyone. It was charging me up as well.

Before I even comprehended what was going on, Stephen grabbed my hand and a majority of the people backstage left in a whirl of giggles, sweat, and alcohol. He whispered in my ear that we were going to an after party at a fan's house and I could go home if I wanted. I didn't respond, but I didn't have to. There was no way that I was going to miss out on that.
    August 6th, 2011 at 04:18am
  • fooleish

fooleish (205)

:
    Title: A Thoroughly Average Boy
    Author: poetikat on fanfiction.net
    Story Type: fan-fiction (Glee)
    Genre: angst
    Reason for reccing: Ugh, it's beautiful. It's Karofsky-centric and I don't know all that much about him so I wasn't sure I'd like it, but oh my god I was in tears at so many points of the fic. It's a beautifully poignant portrayal of a confused boy who turns himself into something he never wanted to be in order to hide who he really is and the ending is just, ugh, so so beautiful. It's the kind of thing that stays with you a long time after you read it because it means something, because it matters, because it's just honestly that good.
    Summary: Five secrets aside from the BIG one that Dave Karofsky holds.
    Excerpt: Dave knows what his grandma would say if she knew he got a D on his Algebra quiz.

"Don't hide your light under a bushel!" she would scold him.

Sometimes, Dave thinks he's all bushel and no light.

It hurts. It hurts to breathe around Kurt. It hurts to see Kurt smiling with his friends and to know with miserable certainty that Kurt will never, ever smile at him like that.

It hurts to walk into the locker room to change. He feels like he has "QUEER" tattooed across his forehead, and that one of these days someone is going to spot it and expose him for the twisted, sick freak he is.

It hurts to go home for dinner and listen to his dad talk about the progress one of his patients has made in overcoming his homosexuality through conversion therapy. It hurts to see his mom hanging off his every word and nodding like it's the greatest thing on earth.

It hurts to visit his cousins in Dayton and hear even eleven year old Paul tossing around "faggot" like it's the word of the day. It hurts to have his uncle slap him on the back and tell him, "Don't sweat the school stuff, Dave. Football, that's where your real future lies. Just you focus on football, and don't let those limp-wristed intellectual pansies at your school tell you anything's more important."

Oh, it hurts. It hurts like getting slammed to the ground by a 300 pound tackle.

It hurts like kissing Kurt Hummel.

It hurts like walking on train tracks.
    August 9th, 2011 at 07:28pm
  • k i w i

k i w i (100)

:
    Title: Summer Lovin'
    Author: a promise to burn;
    Story Type: Original Fiction
    Genre: Romance, Teen

Reason for reccing: When I first read this, it was a one-shot for my contest, but she decided she's going to turn it into a complete chaptered story. It made me feel absolutely incredible, like no other story has ever made me feel. I mean her use of description and detail is fascinating. It's set during a hot summer day and you can feel the heat of the middle of summer. It will just make you feel incredible with every sentence.

Summary: None yet

Excerpt:

She stuck her head outside and lay there for a minute or two.

“Hey, are you all right?”

She looked up and saw a boy dancing on the sidewalk, wearing the coolest sneakers she had seen in a while.

“Peachy.” She yelled a little too loudly, but he simply nodded and kept on break dancing.

She watched him, his shirt open and his shorts loose on his hips. She caught snatches of his thin body, and glistening chest, a thin outline of abs. His feet moved quicker than her eyes could follow and his exotic moves kept her mind off of the

“So what’s your name?” he asks, smirking as he stopped dancing and leaned on the peeling, white picket fence.

“Tiff. You?” she asked.

“Footloose.”

She started laughing. “You’re not serious are you?”

“Completely serious, Tiff. It’s what everyone calls me anyway. Mostly because I can do this,” He did a backflip and did a series of compliticated moves swiftly, and seemingly easily.

But she knew it wasn’t.

“You poor soul.” She giggled, as he resumed his place on the fence. “Just like the song Footloose?”

He rose his eyebrows, contemplating whether he should simply nod or give a sarcastic response.

Instead he started moon walking and singing.
    August 9th, 2011 at 07:57pm
  • midnightwalrus

midnightwalrus (200)

:
    Title: Soulseeker

Author: Jacob Reckless

Story Type: Original fiction.

Genre: Horror, weirdness, drama.

Reason for reccing: This is such a creepy but brilliant idea. Derek sounds like an interesting character and I can't wait to see what Death has in store for everybody involved.

Summary: Seventeen year-old Derek Ashworth has a gift. He is able to see the manner in which people around him - friends, family, and strangers - are going to die in unusual deaths, just by looking at them. At first, Derek is terrified of this newfound, unwanted power. But after a few months of honing and harnessing it, he decides to use it for good and finds a way to warn people of their impending doom. People are saved, families are kept together, and life goes on. But Death doesn't like being cheated...

Excerpt:
    I have been on this earth since time immemorial. I have seen things no man could ever imagine, been to places that most only dream of, done things that terrify humans to their very core. I am everywhere, all at once, and you cannot see me. You cannot hear me. You can only feel me, and by the time you figure out who it is that I am, it’s too late.

Don’t worry though. I always make sure the ride is comfortable. I realize that a majority of the people are scared half out of their heads, and believe me: I’d rather not deal with screaming, crying mortals for the duration of the trip.

The trip to where? I can’t tell you. Why would I spoil the big surprise? That’s half the fun of my job.

The other half is collecting.
    August 17th, 2011 at 04:25pm
  • the maine.

the maine. (100)

:
    Title: Scapegrace
    Author: ladybird.
    Story Type: Original fiction.
    Rating: R.
    Genre: Romance, drama.
    Status: Just started; finished being written and slowly posting.

Reason for reccing: Because this story is one of the most beautiful love stories I've read. I know their story by heart, because the author is my best friend. She needs feedback as she plans on publishing it and is currently re-writing it.

Summary: She wondered why she couldn't be like everyone else. And in her ear, he whispered: "Why can't everyone else be like you?"

Excerpt: She was standing there in a flowery dress, her hair all up in a ponytail and her bangs pinned back in a cluster of bobby pins; she had tried hard to pretty herself. I didn’t smile, I just opened up the door wider and stood off to the side to let her through.

“Good morning, Elliot,” she said. Her voice was all over the place and she was absolutely calm.

I nodded. “Hey, Opal.” I paused before continuing. “You look nice today.”

I always made sure to tell her how nice she looked, because I knew that she always put so much thought into her dresses and her hair and her nails and her shoes. She already knew it, but sometimes I think she just needed to hear it because, well, she was Opal. And I felt like I should give her the things she needed if I could.

She grinned. I could tell that had made her happier than she had been in a while; if I could give her that feeling, then I could give her anything.
    August 28th, 2011 at 02:41am