Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

early... right?

Pushing open the door with his back he kept texting, not even missing a beat as he spun around and began wandering into the restaurant. Pushing his brown hair out of his face, he froze seeing a small black and white car walk past him.

He paused, looking up for a second before back at the cat wandering out the open door, following a large group of people.

“Hiya Bill!” Slowly he turned to the table near the back, everyone waving him over. Slowly he ventured over to the table and sat down next to Tony.

“Why did a cat just pass me?” He asked lightly.

“Because it’s a trained cat, of that group.” Tony mused pointing out the window at the van. The guys nodded.

“Its name is Button.” Sisky stated proudly. Bill blinked a bit confused by the group getting in a the cat following them. A girl leaned down out of the van and picked the cat up before closing the door.

“That’s these guys.” Butcher stated holding up his iPhone in Bill’s face. A group of five people smiled back at him. “That girl right there.” Butcher stated, pointing at the girl with bright green, emerald eyes and a large smile in the middle, “Is tiny!” He gasped. “And these guys.” He stated waving his finger around the screen. “Are all taller than you.” Bill blinked a bit confused.

“And I care why?” Bill mused lightly as he reached over taking Sisky’s bacon. Sisky whined lightly.

“Because that’s Six Feet High you jerk.” Sisky snapped reaching across the table pulling the bacon out of Bill’s hand before he took a bite. “Stop stealing my food! Get your own.” He stated biting into the piece of bacon and pulling his plate closer to him.

“Yeah so we’ll be spending a total of for four to five months with them and that cat.” Tony sighed, he didn’t like the idea of having to deal with a dog like cat on tour with them, Sisky wasn’t even allowed to bring his cat on tour.

“Now what?” Jade asked lightly looking at the other as Jake popped open the take home box, wiggling his fingers in a greedy fashion. “I can’t believe you’re going to eat that.” She whispered. It was what was left of her breakfast, which was about seventy-five percent of it since she couldn’t eat much of it.

“He’s a black sucking hole.” Alicia sighed. “He’ll eat and never get fat and never explode and always be hungry.” She sighed as Albert pulled out on the street.

“Now…” Oliver laughed. “Time for the most impossible task of all, to find the venue in mid day traffic, in the middle of LA.” He finished lightly.

“How the hell did you do that?” Doug gasped as he stepped out of the van looking up at the large venue. Albert shrugged.

“I’m magic.” He stated with a small smirk.

“Yeah, didn’t you know Doug?” Jake laughed falling out of the van with a loud thud. “Al’s a fairy princess.” He laughed a she got up quickly and ran away from the tall man next to him.

“I will strangle you with that scarf.” Jake lifted the end of the scarf around his neck. “Its cotton it won’t break easy.” Albert added as he eyed the scarf wrapped around Jake’s neck.

“Don’t!” Jade gasped. “He’ll end up hurting himself later anyway.” She added as she petted behind Buttons ears. The kitten purred happily into her chest.

“No, I’m hurting him.”

“But you are a fairy princess and that makes you cuter than him.” Alicia stated. Albert shrugged. “But hurt him anyway, I’ll help.” She giggled.

“We’re so not related!” Jake gasped.

“I know you were adopted.” She countered truthfully.

“Bitch.” He whispered, sniffling he stuffed his head into the crook of Doug’s neck. Doug rubbed his back while trying not to laugh. Jade giggled at the scene.

“Can we look around?” She asked quickly, everyone shrugged not seeing a problem with it. “Let’s go Button.” She muttered walking off with the kitten still in her arms. Giggling she looked back at Oliver following her with the video camera, his large professional camera hanging around his neck. “What’re you doing?” She giggled at him. He shrugged.

“Webisode.” Jade rolled her eyes as she turned around, walking backwards. “So, do tell.” Oliver teased.

“Okay… um. It’s the place, the time, and what happening, right?” She asked lightly Oliver nodded in the response. “Okay, so were in LA for the start of the tour with The Academy Is… and Hey Monday, All Time Low isn’t here yet, no one is because we’ve arrives like… what?” She giggled stopping at the thought. “how many days early are we?” She asked.

“Two.” Oliver laughed.

“Yeah, what he said.” She giggled looking down at Button and smiling. “So it’s around… noon-ish… I think and we’re just wandering in a bunch of different directions. Me, Oliver,” she pointed at Oliver behind the camera. “And Button.” She held up Button. “Everyone remembers Button right? He’s looking a lot healthier now because we feed him and take of him and I love him.” She stated tucking him back into her chest. “Yup yup.” She giggled turning around and wandering again. “So this has to be the biggest venue we’ve ever been too.” She giggled over at Oliver as he walked along side her.

“Probably.” Oliver mused as he moved in front of her, walking backwards.

“You’re going to trip.” Jade stated lightly as She tried to hold onto Button as he wiggled. “Okay, okay.” She stated setting the small animal down. “Don’t run off.” She warned, the small kitten meowed at her. “Meow.” She stated back as a response. Button bounded off to the low flower pot and began rolling in the brightly colored flowers.

“The care taker won’t be happy.” Oliver snorted watching as Button crushed the pretty plants with his backside. Jade shrugged.

“Oh well, he can do what he wants. Anyone wants to stop him they gotta go through me!” Jade huffed, crossing her arms over his chest. Oliver sighed.

“Yeah, okay.” He snorted. He didn’t find that task all that threatening. She was a four-foot-eight woman with no muscle. The man would probably pick her up off the ground, move her and then go after Button.

Jade nodded wandering off, past Oliver.

“Jade, you can’t leave him to roll in the flowers.” Oliver sighed, he wasn’t one for breaking rules. Jade shrugged, she was all for breaking the rules. “Jade.”

“Oh my god.” Oliver’s head snapped over to Jade at the loud gasp. The possibilities of what could’ve happened to her running through his mind. He paused seeing a group of kids standing several yards away from them. Jade waved a bit confused as she walked backwards towards Oliver.

“We are two days early, right?” She questioned up at him.

“Oh my God it’s Jade!” Jade froze looking back at the kids rushing over.

“We aren’t early?” Jade hissed up at him. “You jerks lied to me?” She gasped throwing her arms up, her hair falling into her face. With a burst of air from her lungs she blew the hair out of her face.

“We are early.” Oliver gasped back a bit startled. Jade spun looking at the kids a bit surprised.

“Why are you here so early?” Jade asked lightly scratching the back of her head. The group of kids squealed, glancing at each other with wide, excited eyes before back at Jade.

“We were checking out tickets.” One girl stated. Jade’s brows narrowed confused she wasn’t sure why they needed to check them.

“Why?” She asked lightly.

“Because we saw the seat number where it normally says general admissions, and we couldn’t find general admission on the ticket so we came down to check if it was seated or not.” A boy muttered quickly as he smiled down at her. “It’s not seated.” He added quickly as Jade pushed one hand in the back of her hair, leaning back slightly.

“Oh, that’s cool.” She stated. “I thought we were on the wrong day for a moment.” She giggled.

“Are you filming Six Feet T.V?” A girl gasped over at Oliver, the group now focusing on the tall man with the camera strapped to his hand. He nodded, slowly, frightened by the sudden attention. “Wait, wrong day?” The girl stated pivoting the whole conversation and attention back to Jade.

“Well we’re two days early because some people drive like maniacs, but then we say you and I was confused that you were here.” She stated, nodding slowly. “I was like, is every one lying to me?” She stated a bit unsure.

“Oh no, I we wish the show was tonight.” Another girl gasped at her. Jade nodded.

“Jade.” She turned to Oliver. He pointed over at the vacant flower bed. Groaning she lifted her index and thumb to her lips, using them to make a loud whistle. The kids blinked a bit startled at the loud powerful whistle.

“Button.” She called, her voice echoing. She whistled again as the kids stared at each other, mouths dropping open.

“Button’s here?” The kids gasped. Jade nodded.

“Yeah, he goes everywhere with us.” She giggled as she looked for Button somewhere.

“He’s so cute!” Jade paused, looking at them, startled by the statement.

“You know Button?” She stated confused. Oliver leaned over.

“Button’s Internet famous just, like you.” He whispered. She blinked.

“I know I don’t use the internet or any of that but why would Button and I be internet famous.”

“You don’t use the internet?” The girl gasped. Jade shook her head.

“It’s to confusing.” She giggled at them. “I’m not the smartest person out there.” She giggled at them with a large shrug.

“But there are great things on the internet.”

“There are great things in the world you can’t really see, feel or do through the internet.” Jade countered as she looked for Button. Whistling again she waited.

“Can we get pictures?” Jade nodded.

“Can we wait till I find Button?” she muttered nervously. The group nodded. “Kay.” She smiled at them with a giggle. “Button.” She called rushing off.

“Hey don’t run away from me.” Oliver yelled. “And he’s right there.” He added pointing to the cat bounding around the corner. Squealing Jade ran at him, scooping him up in her arms the second she could.

“You scared me.” She stated childishly down at him. He mewed up at her as she skipped back to the group. “You wanted something right?” She giggled at the group. They nodded eagerly at her. “Okay then.” She giggled with a small squeal as the girls in the group squealed back.