Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Vanilla and Rose

“I’m not really hungry.” She whispered softly as she twisted the wrapped up silverware in a circle. Everyone glanced up at her slowly. “I just… don’t wanna be in the van.” She added lightly as they opened the mouths to ask why she’d come. “It’s dark.” She added. She didn’t like the dark so much at the moment. They all nodded slowly.

“What can I get you?” A waitress smiled at them. The guys order and she smiled down at Jade. “And what do you want sweety?” She asked in a small voice. Jade lifted her eyes to the woman.

“I’m not six.” Jade stated rudely. “I’m eighteen.” She added, the woman stood up right and blinked a bit startled. “And I don’t want anything, thank you though.” She stated in a smaller voice, trying to be nice to the woman.

“Okay then.” The woman stuttered as she stared at Jade. “Okay.” She stated again before leaving quickly. Jade’s eyes lifted around the restaurant.

“You shouldn’t be mean.” Dan sighed as he sipped his water. Jake snorted and slung an arm over Jade’s shoulder.

“It’s almost midnight and we got woken up by a prick, of a douche bag cop. She has every right to be mean.” He stated, Dan rolled his eyes.

“You’re just pissed you lost row-sham-bow.” He mused as he sipped more of his water.

“You all cheated!” Jake stated slamming his hand against the table, rattling the glasses of water and the bundles of silverware. Jade froze at the action.

“Don’t.” She whispered reaching up and touching his hand. “Don’t.” She stated again shaking her head as her heart thudded away in chest violently.

“Sorry.” He snorted lightly, smiling down at her. Reaching up he ruffled her hair, making her groan and lean away from him.

“Stop.” She whined swatting at him lightly, it only encouraged him to do it more. “Dan make him stop.” She snapped bitterly as she tried to push Jake away.

“Jake, stop.” Dan muttered dully. He really didn’t care what was happening, he just wanted his food and to go back to sleep.

“Jerk!” She huffed pushing Jake over and standing up. She pushed Aaron’s shoulders, fully leaning her weight against him as he slowly, and barely slid over the fake leather seat.

“Can I help you?” Aaron mused as he bumped shoulders with his brother.

“Slid over.” She growled at him as she dug her toes into the carpet to try and slid him over more. Aaron pushed her away and scooted over in his seat. Jade took the little room and sat down next to him. Jake frowned as Jade stuck her tongue out at him. “Ha.” She added.

“That was uncalled for.” Jake stated pointing at her.

“You’re asswholes.” Doug groaned as he sat down next to Jake. “Left me alone in the van with the twins of fashion and evilness.” He huffed taking Jake’s water, Jake whined at the action as he watched Doug down the glass.

“Why do you smell like Albert?” Jade asked as the strong sent of vanilla and rose lifted in the air around them. The guys snorted, hands covering their mouths.

“because the fag thought I smelled funny and sprayed me down since you all abandoned me. Now I’m going to smell like crap for days!” He huffed leaning on the table as Jake scooted away from him in attempt to not get the smell attached to him as well.

“I think you smell pretty.” Jade giggled and smiled at him. Doug frowned.

“Thanks.” He grumbled as the guys snickered. “Don’t make me go get the monstrous bottle and… that’s it.” Doug got up quickly leaving the restaurant. Jade watched him through the windows as he moved to the van and swung the sliding door open. She paused as a blur of brown caught her vision.

She glanced out of the side of her eyes at the man. His short shaggy brown hair hanging in his eyes and around his ears, his thin lips forming a smile at two people sitting across from him, he had on thick, black square glasses on – much like the ones Aaron wore sometimes – hiding caramel colored eyes. A blue v-neck t-shirt clung to his thin upper frame as he leaned over the table and his plate a bit. She watched his smile fade as his eyes shifted over to her. Instantly she looked out the window again. Her chest felt tight for some reason and her fingers were clenched around the long sleeves of her shirt.

“Take this you assholes.” Jade blinked as a fine mist began to filtter over her.

“Doug!” the boys groaned covering their head and hurring out of the booth, knocking Jade to the ground in the process. She giggled up at Doug holding Albert’s large, golden square of perfume, it was leaned against his chest to support it with one hand as the other pressed down on the button on top.

“Ha!” Doug declared leaving, a proud smile on his face.

“Albert’s going to kill you.” Oliver coughed out as he waved his hand in his face. Doug spun around with a smile.

“He thought it was a good Idea from me to spray you jerks down.” Jade blinked up at the tall men around her as she sat on the ground.

“Fucking prick!” Jake gasped throwing his hands up. “I no longer love you.” He added, Doug simply shrugged and left again.

“Fantastic.” Aaron grumbled annoyed. He blinked at Jade sitting on the ground under him. “What’re you doing on the floor?” He laughed at her.

“I dunno, chillin’ and smelling pretty.” She chirped up at him. Aaron’s smile turned into a frown.

“We do not smell pretty.” He huffed as she stood up slowly, nodding at him. “Do not.” He stated as he climbed back in the booth after Oliver.

“Do to you just don’t wanna admit it because you think you’re a big, scary, burly, smelling man and you’re not.” Jade nodded. She heard several laughs. Turning she looked at the few people in the restaurant smiling and laughing at them. “They’re not!” She gasped throwing her arms up. “They can’t even handle cat poop!” She added. Aaron pulled her down into the booth. “You can’t.” She stated truthfully.

“You don’t know when to shut up do you?” Oliver gasped at her around Aaron, startled.

“No she doesn’t, you haven’t learned that yet?” Dan snickered. “She told Alicia the first day she thought she looked fat in that pink dress she was wearing.” Dan shrugged as the other nodded.

“How did you survive?” Jake and Oliver gasped. Jade shrugged, she didn’t see the problem with telling the truth, she didn’t like lying much anyway.

“Oh and remember she scared the crap out of that owner venue first day of tour?” They all nodded.

“Fir a tiny thing you’re evil.” Oliver whispered, she shrugged at him as she went back to playing with the silverware before her. “The giggling, girly, smiling, lovable stuff you do is just a front for people it’s like a magician. While your falling in love with her giggling she’s plotting your demise.”

“Yup.” Jade nodded with a smile. “Yours is already plotted.” She laughed at him. The boys all stopped and looked at her. “It involves four cameras, six rolls of film, a metal chair and a butter knife!” She stated lifting the knife at him.

“You just made that up off the top of your head didn’t you?” Oliver asked lightly. She nodded.

“Nice way to go, huh?” She giggled at him. He shook his head.

“I’m sleeping up front.” He added as she giggled at him. “stop giggling.” He added, she snorted as her hands slapped over her mouth and nose.

“I think the snort is the indication you die tonight.” Aaron teased gripping the back of Oliver’s neck and shaking him lightly. Oliver complained and swatted at his brother as Jade lifted her fork and spoon and fitted them together, the prongs of the fork holding to the curves of the spoon. She spun them on the table.

“Here are your meals.” The waitress stated holding a tray and passing the food out. Instantly Jade took the pick out of Dan’s burger.

“Hey.” He complained pulling his plate closer to him. He didn’t like people touching his food, or his food touching other food, he was a bit OCD about it. She giggled as she pulled her glass towards her. “Why’d you take my toothpick?” He asked watching her. The others looked up her.

They watched as she balanced the combined fork and spoon on the end of the toothpick before balancing the middle of the toothpick on the edge of her glass. The boys blinked a bit surprised that it didn’t fall over, the fork and spoon balanced perfectly on the toothpick while the toothpick balanced it’s self over the edge of her glass. Slowly she lifted her hands away and smiled at it.

“Who’s got a lighter?” She chirped.

“You are not playing with fire again.” Doug snapped at he sat down. “Whoa.” He stated noticing her balanced master piece. “Nifty.” He stated as the waitress walked over and took his order. “How’d you do that?” Jade shrugged.

“Just did it.”

“Like the fucking Rubik’s Cube thing.” They all grumbled at the same time. She frowned.

“Rubik’s cubes aren’t hard, it's just a pattern.” She sighed tapping her fingers on her glass and listening to the sound echo off it.