Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

a disturbance in the force.

“Holy shit.” Dan hushed lightly as Aaron lifted his phone slowly to his ear. All off Six Feet High stood on the side of the stage as the crowd began to fill in. They couldn’t even see the back of the crowd anymore and people were still filling into the large venue.

“Hello?” Aaron breath nervously. “Oh… okay.” He stated before hanging up. “Albert say’s if we keep selling merch the way we are we’ll need more by the end of the night.” He mused lightly as if the words had yet to sink in.

“That’s good thought.” Jade muttered turning and watching everyone fill in.

“Uh-huh.” Everyone else stated lightly still watching the crowd. They weren’t even paying attention to the fact that they would need new merch soon, they could hardly breath with how many people were being let in.

“Hi guys.” Mike smiled at them as he leaned out to look at the crowd.

“Hi.” All the guys breathed as Jade just wiggled her fingers up at him and swayed her hips, watching the people fill in like packed mice.

“You guys okay?” He laughed lightly watching as all four guys simply nodded. “Never seen this many people in a venue before?” He asked lightly.

“Nope.” Jade chirped happily.

“Only when I’ve been in the crowd.” Was the other’s responses to him. Mike nodded laughing as he walked away. He ventured down the hall and to the cramped dressing room. “Wow.” He laughed sitting down. “They’ve never played for a show this big before.” He stated as everyone looked up at him. “They’re all floundering like fish…well…” He shrugged. “other than Jade, she’s all happy and ready to run out on stage.”

“Yeah right now she is.” Cassadee laughed as she played cards with her band mates. “But she’ll be pissing herself when it comes show time. It happened to me the first day on the last tour with you guys.” She giggled as everyone nodded.

“No…” Rian mused as he watched Jack and Alex fight over the last Milano cookie. “Jade’s a rather confident person.” He stated looking at Zack and pointing a finger at Alex. Zack nodded holding his hand out and waiting for Rian to slap it, which he did the second Zack lifted his hand.

“And you’re saying I’m not?” Cassadee gasped, offended.

“Never said that.” Rian mused as he jumped up with Zack as his two other friend fell to the ground cookie still stuck between the two of them. “It’s just.” He shrugged looking at her. “I’ve seen her walk out of the dressing room with just a shirt on to go talk to Albert and Alicia while the kids for the show were being let in. She totally doesn’t care about other peoples thoughts at all. I mean… hell some guy told her she was anorexic and needed to eat and Jade turned around gave her this sweet smile, fluttered her lashed at her and said what?” He pointed at Jack and Alex who stopped fighting over the cookie.

“Well atleast my boobs aren’t fake, my hair’s its natural hair color, and I don’t wear cloths that make me look fatter than I really am.” They quoted before going back to wrestling.

“And then she waved at the girl turned around and asked Albert where something was, he told her and she walked away and told the girl to enjoy the show as she walked away.” Rian finished.

“Ha-Ha!” Alex yelled standing up, cookie raised over his head.

“No!” Jack screamed tackling him to the ground.

“Shit!” Rian swore as Zack clapped happily watching them still, not down and out yet.

“She did that?” everyone gasped, Rian and Zack nodded, the other two out of the four that knew the event even remotely paying attention. “Holy crap.”

“She doesn’t care who likes her and who doesn’t.” Rian muttered as Alex jumped up running from the room. “Fuck yeah!” He yelled clapping. “Fuck you bitch!” He yelled in Zack’s face.

“Fuck!” Jack whined from his spot on the floor as Alex re-entered the room , cookie crumbs around his mouth as he chewed quickly.

“We couldn’t split it?” Jack whined. Alex shook his head as Six Feet High entered the room. They all sat down around the room staring off into space other than Jade who bounced over to the card game going on between all of Hey Monday.

“What’cha playing?” She chirped happily as she looked between them. They all shrugged.

“Go fish?” A few of them muttered confused. Jade nodded lightly before turning and walking away. She had no clue what ‘Go fish’ was. “Okay.” They all muttered confused as she wandered over to Dan sitting on the couch.

Clearing her throat she took in a deep breath.

“Duck and cover!” Jack yelled laying down and covering his ears and Zack and Rian climbed over the couch they were sitting on and hide behind it, hands over their ears as they peered over the top of it. With a squeak Alex dove out the open down hands over his heads as if something had exsploded behind him.

“What are you guys…” William stoped as Jade screamed in Dan’s ear.

“What the fuck!?” He yelled standing up as she cleared her throat with a giggle. “What was that for?” he gasped as everyone who hadn’t covered their ears rubbed them. Dan blinked messing with his left ear, the hearing in it completely gone for the moment. “Well?” Jade shrugged.

“I dunno.” She giggled climbed over the couch and over him. “You need to she psyched!” She added with a giggle at him as she peered into his eyes. Rolling his eyes he shoved her into Doug on his right. “Hi.” She giggled up at him.

“Ow!” Doug gasped down at her pushing her onto the floor. Jade lay on the floor her limbs stretched out as she giggled.

“How the held did that massive sound come out of you?” Sisky yelled as he rubbed his ears.

“I think it was a one time fluke.” Cassadee stated rubbing her ears. “Hey you did have a two!” She gasped seeing everyone’s cards laying on the table from when they dropped them.

“Want me to do it again?” Jade asked sitting up, a wide smile on her face. Several hands over her mouth as people protested.

“fluke or not, no.” Tony stated lightly. Frowning Jade stood up.

“It wasn’t a fluke.” She stated leaving the room. She wandered down the hallway. She pushed open a side door and ventured out onto the floor of the venue pushing past people who simply ignored her. She didn’t even notice the group of people staring at her and following her as she made her way to the merch booth.

“Hi.” Alicia laughed at her as she rolled over the plastic table and simply fell into a half full box of merch and stayed there. “Wanna pass me a shirt?” She asked, Sitting up Jade pulled a shirt out from under her and passed it to Alicia. “Thank you.”

“I don’t like that girl.” Jade mused. Alicia laughed at her lightly.

“What girl?” She asked lightly, pausing as the lights dropped. Jade stood up.

“That girl.” She huffed crossing her arms over her small chest as Cassadee waved at the crowd and smiled at them. Alicia nodded.

“Why, and pay attention to the fans.” Jade blinked over confused at people smiling at her. She waved.

“Hi when’d you guys get here?” She asked lightly, taking note of everyone crowding around the merch booth and quickly growing bigger.

“So what happened?” Alicia asked taking peoples money and trading them for merch with Albert

“I’m a fluke.” Jade’s simple words confused everyone as she signed and took pictures with everyone.

“Jade…” She stopped looking at Albert, phone pressed to his ear. “You side of stage now or Dan say’s he’s sending you back to Victoria and we are out of merch, I’m sorry! Nothing left.” Screaming Jade jumped over the table quickly pushing past people.

Pulling open the side door she ran to the side of the stage and looked at everyone. Hey Monday glared at her as they came off stage.

“What’s wrong with them?” She asked softly looking up at everyone on the side of the stage. The guys of Six Feet High moved out onto the stage as the lights dimmed, people screamed.

“You,” Jade froze at the voice in her ear and the hot breath on the side of her neck and cheek. “You stole half the crowd by sitting at your merch booth. They’re not too happy with you.” Jade frowned.

“Not my fault they can’t keep a crowd occupied and I’m not a fluke.” She stated glancing up at William as his brows narrowed. “I didn’t mean it, I didn’t know it would happen, learn to play and get the crowd back. It’s not like I was stripping I was just sitting there. I’m not that interesting.” She stated walking out on stage, a blank look on her face.

“That’s weird.” William looked at Jack to his left. He hummed in response as Jade greeted the crowd, plastering a smile on her face. “I’ve never seen her walk on stage, or even not smile when she goes on stage.” William bit his bottom lip lightly.

“I think we’ve got the beginnings of a cat fight boys.” William mused as he glanced over his shoulder Cassadee glaring at Jade on stage before huffing off towards the merch booths. His eyes shifted to Jade moving around the stage sing, her voice booming over the instruments. He watched Oliver run across the front of the stage and motioned for the instruments to be raised to match her voice level. They did it.

“I love watching Oliver.” Jack giggled as William watched Oliver run back and forth as everyone but Dan seemed to move around. Even Aaron, the quietest and shyest member, was moving around more than half the guys he knew that played. They were all over the place. “This is why I love their sets!” Jack growled throwing his hands up as he jumped around. “So much… ugh!” He laughed grabbing William’s shoulders shaking him. “Whoa!” He yelled at them.

“Chill.” William laughed, despite the fact the catchy beats and how much energy they were giving off made his hips sway and his toes tap, he wanted to join Jack and the rest of the guys on the side of the stage that were moving, but didn’t. He did have some dignity and he’d rather not end up moving and having picked a side in the massive cat fight he felt coming.

William glanced over at the merch booths, no one stood buying anything and he could clearly see all of Hey Monday by their booth watching the show. He glanced at Michael standing next to him, bobbing his head.

“I feel a disturbance in the force.” William stated before going back to watching Six Feet High.