Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

do I have a sign on my head?

“You guys were great.” Cassadee smiled up at the guys of All Time Low as they exited the stage. They thanked her lightly as they passed her. Her smile dropped as she watched them all move to the group of Six Feet High standing on the side of the stage, well mainly Jade standing there.

“What’d you guys think?” Zack asked slapping Aaron on the shoulder.

“I think you guys were amazing!” Jade gasped throwing her arms up as Aaron whined and rubbed his shoulder.

“I think Zack just broke my shoulder.” Aaron muttered lightly as he slid away from Zack. The guys all laughed at him.

“Pansy.” A few of them muttered.

“So we were amazing?” Alex asked turning his attention back to Jade as she leaned against Jake, hands in the back of her hair. Giggling she nodded with a wide smile.

“Yup yup! It was amazing. I love every second of it!” Jack and Alex high fived at that response. Jade giggled lightly. “I’m gunna go outside for a while.” She mused.

“You’re going to miss The Academy Is…” Doug stated down at her. Jade leaned to the side to peer around Rian at the stage, deciding if there was enough time before they fully took down All Time Low’s stuff.

“I just need a bit of fresh air for a few minutes.” She stated before hurrying outside. She stopped noticing William leaning against the wall just outside the door, watching the sky. “Hi.” Jade smiled at him as she wiggled her fingers at him.

“Hi.” William smiled down at her. “What’re you doing out here?” He asked, she shrugged as she spun in small circles. It was something he’d imagine a Disney faire do for a dance in Fantasia.

“Get a breath of fresh air. It’s uncomfortable in there.” She stated. Will watched as she pushed a hand into the back of her hair, he never understood why she did. Force of habit?

“Yeah?” he asked lightly, he could only imagine why it was uncomfortable, no one else saw the storm brewing between Cassadee and Jade and he was the only one trying his damnedest not to pick a side with out realizing he’d picked one. “Why’s that?” He asked, trying to get it out of Jade.

“Because…” she stopped looking at him. Her large green eyes seemed so sad, he just wanted to hug her and tell her everything was going to be alright. He pushed off the wall slightly as the side door opened, both Will and Jade looked at Cassadee. “Hi.” Jade chirped at her, waving.

“Hi.” Cassadee grumbled lightly at her and glanced at Will. “Hey Will.” She smiled at him. He smiled back and gave a small wave as he leaned back against the wall, watching between girls.

“How are you?” Jade asked, a small smile still on her face. Cassadee glanced at her.

“Fine.” Jade’s smile slipped a bit at the grunt of a word. “So Will,” He looked over at Cassadee and hummed a bit. “Tony said you got about another five minutes.” She stated a large smile on her face. Will simply nodded.

“I’m sorry I missed your set.” Will looked at Jade. She had both her hands in the back of her hair as she watched Cassadee. “I didn’t mean to. I just had to ask Albert something and then I couldn’t get back to the side of the stage.” She mused. Will glanced at Cassadee who forced a smile.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” Cassadee stated as she swung the door open and headed back inside. Jade frowned and sat on the ground. Will waited for the swear of ‘bitch’ to follow the second the door closed, but it didn’t. Jade just watched the door with a small frown.

“I don’t think she likes you very much.” Will mused as Jade nodded. “I thought you were mad at her too though.” He added in. Jade shrugged.

“Just because I’m upset that she thinks I purposely ruined her set and that she called me a fluke doesn’t mean I’m not going to be nice to her.” Jade shrugged. “I mean, it’s not like I’m going to be mad at her forever because of it and she really hasn’t done anything mean to me so I have no reason to be mad at her or be mean to her.” Will nodded, that was true. “Ugh!” Jade pulled her hair into her face and fell back onto the asphalt. “Why do girls have to be so mean!” She sighed letting her arms fall and her hair slid away from her face. Will couldn’t help but smile at her childish ways. “All the girls didn’t like me or were mean to me back home except Alicia and now here on tour the only other girl here is mean to me, or doesn’t like me. It’s not fair.” Will jumped as she sat up quickly staring at him. “Is there something wrong with me? Do I have like a sign on my head that says, be mean to jade? She’s different? She’s psycho?” Will’s jaw tightened at her words and his brows narrowed.

“You don’t have a sign on your head and I think you’re over exaggerating.” He mused as he pointed a finger at her. “You’re different ya, but everyone’s different from everyone else and you’re not psycho.” He stated lightly getting a snort out of her as she mumbled to herself lightly. “I think she just… she just feels threatened.” Jade glanced at her.

“She’s twice my size! Like everyone else here, unless there’s a seven or eight year old hanging around that I don’t know about.” She gasped throwing her arms in the air.

“Not threatened in that way.” Will stated lifting a hand. “More in the fact that there’s another girl on tour, another female vocalist to be exact and I don’t think she’s ever been on a tour where there is another female vocalist. And to her that’s probably threatening, even more so when half the crowd flocks to you despite the fact you don’t want them to. You’re more popular than she is and you’re a female vocalist. To her that’s not fair, she’s been on this tour longer, she’s been in her band longer and yet here you are,” Will stated lifting a hand to Jade as she listened to the soothing words flow of his beautiful thin lips. “a new band and twice as successful as she is. She threatened by your vocal… power.” Jade rolled her eyes.

“That doesn’t seem fair to me. I didn’t say right now we need this many fans and I need to be uber popular. I’d rather be in a small band that still gets to plays shows and go on tours but I’m not the one who decides that. Fans do.” She muttered standing up. “So she shouldn’t be mad at me, that’s not fair to me.” She sighed looking around. “I’m going inside.” Will nodded standing up and brushing his pants off.

“Me too.” He stated holding the door open over her head easily.

“Thanks.” She whispered. He nodded at her down cast word. He followed her to the side of the stage and nodded to his band members.

“Let’s go!” Tony yelled. The lights dropped and Jade watched everyone slowly move to the stage. Jade quickly grabbed Will’s hand and pulled him down to her.

“Have fun.” She stated before letting go. He nodded with a smile. He’d never gotten a ‘have fun’ before, he’d only even gotten ‘good luck’ or ‘break a leg’.

Jade watched the show in aw, how he moved on stage, how he sang, the smile that never left his lips, the way he seemed to tease the crowd of girls dead center of the stage, and how his messy brown hair fell in his face just seemed to make him even more attractive, made him even more interesting. Her eyes darted to her right where Cassadee was standing, arms crossed over her chest, a smile on her face as she watched him too. She made him even more forbidden.

Will glanced at everyone on the side of the stage, All Time Low, and Six Feet High were moving along to the music like the crowd. He could only see Cassadee of Hey Monday though and she was just standing there. His eyes landed on Jade, she seemed to be thoroughly enjoying her self and having a good time, cheering them on.

His smile grew and he sang louder as he moved around on stage more.