Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Horror brewing

Yawning William walked into dressing room and stopped at the complete and utter emptiness of it. His eyes scanned the room slowly. It was weird to see such a quite and unoccupied dressing room after a show. He hummed lightly to him self as he looked around the room, his eyes landing on the bathroom.

“It wouldn’t be the first time…” He whispered recalling when Sisky and Butcher had convinced everyone to see how many people they could cram into a small closest. A bathroom would be no difference. Opening the door he was greeted by the dark emptiness of the bathroom. “Or not.” He added turning around. His muscles froze as Jade laying on the couch. She was perfectly still, a hand by her head which was covered with a small cloth. “Please dear god no.” Will whispered, his mind instantly going to the worst thing that could have happened. Cat fight, Cassadee won. She is twice Jade’s size.

Swallowing hard he crept over slowly, afraid he might be touching a cold dead body. Touching her wrist he pulled back as she shifted. Letting out a deep breath he knelt on the ground by the couch studying her. She was so small it was hard to tell she was breathing with how little her chest rose and fell. She wasn’t badly proportioned either. She had a decent sized chest, a slim waist, a nice curve to her hips, and nice rounded thighs. For how small she was she was completely woman.

“What?” Will gasped slapping him self lightly at his thoughts. “Jade.” He stated shaking her shoulder. “Jade.” He shook her again. She only mumbled lightly and rolled on her side. “Jade.” He shook her a bit harder. Everyone would be leaving soon, she couldn’t get left behind. “Come on.” He gasped shaking her again.

Huffing William sat on the ground staring at her. Her hair shifted into his closed eyes. Sighing he pushed it out of her face and tucked it behind her ear as he stared at her.

“Come on Jade you gotta get up.” He asked she reached up pushing at his lips lightly. Laughing he removed her hand from his face and smiled at her. “You are a real character.” He sighed standing up. Shifting her arms he sniffled lightly as he picked her up. “My god your light.” He laughed to himself as he left the dressing room.

Jade curled up into his chest and gripped to his shirt as he moved down the hallway. He smiled down at her lightly, a small laugh shaking his chest and shoulders.

“Hey.” Stopping on the spot as his heart jumped into his throat and began beating rapidly. The soft meek voice gave him the feeling he was going to have his eyes clawed out. Something he wanted to avoid for the rest of his life. Peeking over his shoulder, he let out a soft sigh at the sight of Jake standing there.

“Hey.” Will stated back as he turned around to him. “Want your vocalist?” He teased lightly as Jake laughed.

“Yeah I’ve been looking for her.” He said softly scooping Jade out of Will’s arm. She whined during the transfer. Scratching the side of his neck Will watched Jade curl into Jake’s chest. “You like her don’t you?” Jake asked softly, a small smile on his lips as Will’s large brown eyes darted up to him.

“Uh?” Will asked a bit confused.

“You like her, don’t you?” Will laughed nervously, a smile spreading over his features.

“Oh course I do, we’re friends.” He stated. Jake snorted.

“That original.” Jake scoffed passing William and leaving him standing there. “Might wanna come up with a better line. She may not be the brigtest girl, but she’s not that stupid.” Jake called as Will turned and followed them.

“I don’t know her well enough to like her like that. Yeah she’s pretty. I admit that, but…” He shrugged as he caught up to Jake. “I don’t base whether or not I like someone like that on looks alone. So for she’s cool but… I’ve only know her for a day.”

“You’re defending yourself.” Jake stated. Will’s brows narrowed at him, what did that have to do with anything. “The guilty always try and defend them selves with a long explanation, while those who aren’t normally just stick to their guns. Trust me I’ve been in enough trouble to know that.” Will froze, his mouth gaping open at the simple words. “Don’t worry I won’t tell her.”

“I’m not defending my self!” Will gasped as he shook his head. Jake just laughed nodding his head as he pushed out the side door. “I’m not!” Will gasped following him outside.

“Yeah, sure man.” Jake stated. “See ya.” He added cheerfully while he sauntered towards their van.

“I’m… fine… bye.” Will grumbled heading to his bus as Jake headed in the other direction to their van.

“Where’d you find her?” Aaron asked softly as Jake climbed in the van and tucked her into bad in the back.

“William found her.” Jake stated smiling at them. “He likes her, but shush.” He stated placing a finger over his lips. “Where’s button?” He asked looking at the empty cage. Albert held the small cat up from the passenger seat. “Oh sweet, lets go.” The van door slammed and Doug started it. The waited for the large bus of All Time Low to pull out before leaving the venue them selves, they followed All Time Low, unsure of where they were going.

“So we are completely out of merch. Like.. gone.” Albert laughed. “I called your mom.” He pointed at Dan. “Since she harbors all the merch we didn’t take. She sent to us already for the next venue.”

“When did you call her?” Dan asked softly.

“It would have been around ten in Maine.” He stated lightly with a nod of his head. Dan nodded with that. “So hopefully it’s there when we get there and she put a rush delivery on it too. I told her we’d pay her back and she said not to worry.”

“Should we have more made?” Aaron asked lightly looking between everyone. The guys all shrugged.

“Probably I mean… we sold so much, and that’s before Jade even came over to the booth.” Albert mused as Alicia nodded. “I mean… dear god, we were selling like The Academy Is… stuff did after the show, only before it.” He stated. The guys gasped lightly.

“Seriously?” They asked. Albert and Alicia nodded.

“I can’t believe you guys aren’t signed yet.” Alicia stated lightly as they all shrugged lightly. They didn’t care if they were signed or not, sure it would’ve been nice but, it didn’t matter to them. They just wanted to play.

“Hey guys.” Will stated as he stepped on the bus and fell face first into the couch.

“Hi.” They all laughed at his dramatic actions. Tony told the bus driver to go and the bus roared to life.

“You okay?” Butcher asked as he drew a picture, he was making it for Jade as a thank-you for the picture she’d made him. Will’s response was muffled by the couch cushions. “Take your head out of the couch and speak again.” Butcher laughed as he paused in his drawing.

“I’m tired.” Will stated before letting his head fall back into the couch cushions. Rolling over her let out a soft breath as his thoughts tormented and ate away at his brain viciously. “So...does anyone else notice the possible horror brewing?” he asked eyes scanning over everyone in the front lounge of the bus.

“Horror?” Sisky questioned confused. He wasn’t to much for horror, much more for comedy.

‘Yeah between Cassadee and Jade?” Will asked. They all shook there heads. “Oh, well they’re not getting along.” He muttered stating the obvious.

“Well, yeah.” Michael laughed as he strummed his guitar. “Cassadee’s still mad that half the crowd went to Jade during Hey Monday’s set.” The others all agreed as Will sat up slowly.

“Jade told her earlier, that she was sorry and Cassadee just laughed and muttered a sarcastic bitchy, ‘yeah right’.”

“What did Jade just say sorry?” Tony asked. Will shook his head.

“No, she said she went to go like… I think she said get something for Albert, and then she tried to come back but she couldn’t because all the fans were already bugging her. She said she wanted to watch their set from the side of the stage but couldn’t get back and that she was sorry.” Will stated. They guys all looked at each other a bit confused. “She sounded really sincere about it too.” He added. “I think shits going to hit the fan between the two of them if they can’t get along.” He finished, the guy all nodded.

“Yeah I mean Cassadee is twice Jade’s size.” Mike stated. Everyone nodded. Will shrugged.

“Is Jade mad at her? Cause that’s what it seemed like earlier too.” Butcher stated, pointing a finger. Will ran his hands through his hair.

“Yeah I know, that’s why I was confused to why Jade said she was sorry. And so I asked her about it and She shrugged and said yeah she was a bit upset because it wasn’t her fault for what happened and Cassadee shouldn’t be mad at her, but,” Will licked his lips. “She said all in all Cassadee hasn’t done anything to her to make her really mad at her or anything.”

“So Jade’s not mad at her, just upset that she’s being accused of something she had no control over.” Sisky clarified as they all looked at Tony when he started ringing. He stood and headed to the back room to answer his phone.

“Yeah.” Will stated. “I think Cassadee’s just jealous. I mean so many people like Jade and she can sing like no ones business.”

“Yeah and Six Feet High isn’t even signed and yet Six Feet High has a following twice as massive as theirs.” Mike stated pointing at Will. “That would make total sense.”

“Girls are so shallow.” Butcher mused as he lifted his drawing.

“That’s why you’re drawing a picture for Jade.” Sisky teased. Butcher laughed with several nods.

“She gave me a picture so I figured I give her one back.” Butcher stated lightly as he lowered it and went back to drawing. Will laughed, remembering the colorful flowering drawing Butcher had shown him earlier in the day.

“So Cassadee’s jealous of Jade, how do be fix that?” Michael asked lightly. Tony cleared his throat.

“You don’t at this point.” They all watched him. “Because it’s going to get massively worse soon.” He whispered as he poured himself a glass of water. The guys glanced at each other confused.

“Yeah, what makes you say that?” Sisky asked. Tony leaned against the counter biting at the side of his lip.

“Pete’s coming on tour in a few weeks.” Tony muttered quickly. The room went silent.

“You don’t mean he’s going to…” Tony nodded as Will’s words. “No…yeah that’s good for them but…” Will trialed off slouching in his seat as he ran a hand through his hair again, his hand resting on the top of his head while his mouth dropped open a bit.

“I see blood shed.” Mike hissed as if he were the one in pain. The others all nodded.

“We need to not pick aside so we don’t get caught up in it.” Michael muttered. “So Butcher, you’re pictures going to have to go to her before Pete get’s here.” Butcher nodded and began to scribble faster, he’d get his picture to Jade tomorrow if he had to.

“So how do we not pick sides?” Sisky asked confused.

“No clue man.” Everyone else muttered, just as confused.

“Fuck.” Will breathed as he fell over on the couch.