Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

not normal.

Jade frowned her eyes falling on the space in the van where Button’s cage use to be, a box of merch sat in its place. Due to his expertise with cats she’d agreed to let Sisky keep him on their bus and take care of him so no one would hurt him. She was allowed to go freely on their bus and see him but it wasn’t the same no having him at night.

“Dude, I’m starving.” Someone grumbled. Sitting up she looked around.

“We don’t have much money.” Dan sighed from the driver’s seat. Jade sighed; Cassadee was also traveling with them for her safety, making the van twice as cramped. “So we can’t really stop for food guys.” He sighed lightly. Groans flew through the bus as Jade moved up through the seats. She crawled into the passenger seat and Alicia’s lap.

“Hi.” She giggled up at Alicia while leaning out the open window.

“Hi.” Alicia laughed playing with Jade’s hair. “You okay?” She asked softly. Jade nodded. She’d been having the same nightmare over and over again. Taking a deep she sighed and leaned out the window, looking back at the bus behind them. Smiling she waved at the bus driver and the person sitting in the front window. They waved back.

“Get in the van.” Alicia laughed pulling Jade back in. Giggling she smiled up at her before out at the road.

“Golden arches!” She gasped pointing at the soft golden curves over the tree tops. Everyone looked at the arches. “Next exit!” She stated reading a road sign.

“Dollar menu?” Dan asked.

“Hell yes.” The rest of the van yelled.

“Good eyes Jade, good eyes.” Doug stated patting her on the head. Smiling she giggled softly, proud of herself. As they got off the freeway someone’s phone began ringing. “Who’s is that? It’s not mine.” Doug stated.

“Not mine.” Albert stated not hearing his ring tone.

“Not mine.” Cassadee stated.

“Nor mine.” Alicia stated. Dan lifted his and shook his head while the others looked at Jake.

“Dude, do you here Disturbia by Rhianna?” Jake asked. Everyone looked at Jade. Frowning she reached in her pocket looking. Pulling out the small silver object she blinked surprised.

“Umm…” Holding it to her ear she giggled. “Hello?” she asked softly.

where are you guys going?

“Umm… who is this?” She asked, countering and avoiding the mans question.

William…this is Jade right… or did I get the wrong number?

“Oh Hiya!” She giggled.

Hi.” He laughed. “So where are you guys going?” He asked again.

“McDonalds.” She sighed into the phone. “So… yeah.” She stated.

oh, alright. Wasn’t sure. Just thought I should ask.

“Okay.” She closed her phone with out a good bye.

William blinked at his phone a bit surprised.

“She hung up on me.” He laughed looking at the other playing video games. Button pushed against his side. “She totally hung up on me.” He laughed petting the cat.

“Who was it?” Dan asked, concerned.

“William.” She sighed leaning out the window again, the bus still following them. “I totally forgot I had a phone.” She giggled pulling back into the van, smiling at them.

Jumping out of the van as Dan parked it she lifted her hands above her head.

“Rawr.” She stated before standing up and looking around. “hey.” She whined as someone pushed her. “Be nice.” She huffed at Aaron.

“Sorry.” He laughed patting her head as they headed inside. Huffing she wandered after them, stopping at the squeal of tires. Turning she looked at the large bus stopping next to their van. Giggling she skipped over and waited for it to fully stop.

“Hi.” William stated stepping off the bus. “We decided we were hungry too.” He laughed as Jade hugged him.

“Yay!” She stated pulling on his hand, her heart thundering in her chest at the simple motion.

“Hey no fair!” Jade and William ignored them as they entered the McDonalds.

“Look who I kidnapped.” Jade declared. Everyone turned looking at him. Half the place froze at the words while everyone she travelled with simply nodded at William’s presence. “I’m magical like that.” She stated nodding her head.

“Yeah appeared in out bus grabbed me and poof here I am.” William laughed, draping his arms around her shoulders. “Besides I’m hungry anyway.” He added, they all nodded turning back to the menu.

“Did she really kidnap you?” One of the girls’ behind the counter gasped, shocked and amazed.

“What? No.” William laughed lifting a hand. “She just pulled me off my bus,” He pointed at it. “She’s, she’s a friend so. I’m perfectly safe.” He stated at her.

“Okay, you’re sure?” The girl asked. William nodded wrapping his arms around Jade’s shoulders, smiling at the woman.

“Okay.” She stated trying to ignore the fact that William Beckett was standing before her while she was working.

“Sorry.” Jade whispered spinning in circles. “I’m going to go play with Button.” She stated rushing from the McDonalds and out of William’s arms. Her face bright red and her heart thundering wildly in her small chest. “Hi button.” She stated as she entered the empty bus. The cat mewed happily as she sat on the floor before him. He crawled up in her lap. “They treating you okay?” Button mewed happily again. “Good.” She nodded lightly.

“Here.” Jade looked up at William and Zack entering the bus, bags in hand. “Dan got you food since you ran away.” He laughed softly handing her the small bag.

“Thanks.” She smiled taking the bag and opening the bag. Frowning at the massive amount of food in the bag.

“What’s wrong?” Zack asked. Huffing she sat at the table taking it out like William and Zack did. “Jade.” He head snapped up. “What’s wrong?” She asked softly.

“Nothing.” She muttered softly taking a bite of a small fry. William and Zack cast look at each others. She had a hamburger, fries, a thing of apples and milk. Jade wasn’t much for McDonald hamburgers.

Jade leaned back her apples and milk gone, along with a few bites of her hamburger. She still had most her fries though. Zack mouthed a defiantly cancer at William who nodded slowly.

“Jade…” William stated licking his lips. It was now or never. Her eyes lifted to him slowly as she hummed. “Are you… sick?” He asked softly, not sure what to say or how to ask the question. He couldn’t just ask if she had cancer, could he?

“Nope…well… people think I’m sick in the head, does that count?” She asked twisting a fry in her fingers.

“No I mean. Are… do you have like some deadly disease. I mean, the guys treat you like glass.” He sighed. “I’m sorry,” He stated quickly. “It’s none of my business.” He stated. “Just forget about it.” He added glancing at Zack. He felt horrible for asking.

“I’m not dying.” She sighed looking at him. He nodded slowly.

“I’m sorry for asking. I really am. But I’ve never known anyone to be carefree about everything unless they’re dying or something and” He stopped as she cut him off.

“Or something.” She stated putting the fry in her mouth. “I’m not dying, I’m not sick I’m just…” She sighed. “I’m not normal.” She sighed, smiling at them.

“No ones normal.” Zack stated. Jade sighed.

“No… I’m not normal.” She stated. William’s brows narrowed. “I’m not suppose to tell because everyone’s afraid that no one will like me and they’ll send me back.”

“So are you suppose to be here?” William asked. She paused before looking at the bus door opening. “Jade?” She shrugged and cleaned up her food.

“Bye.” She stated hurrying off the bus. She waved at Tony and Sisky as she passed them. Hurrying to her van and passing her remaining food to Jake and Doug.