Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

"Oh on a side note,"

Sitting up Jade rubbed the side of her head as she glanced around the dimly lit room. Taking in a deep breath she glanced down at William laying under her. His brown eyes closed, his hair a mess, and his arm around her waist.

Frowning she looked up at the television the menu for the last move they’d watch up. In the past three days not once had Jade slept on her own bus, let alone in her own bunk. She spent all her time with William in the back room of his bus watching movies. She always woke up laying on him and a bit dazed about, how, when, or what movie she’d been watching when she fell asleep.

Laying back down she buried her head in William’s neck and shoulder. His smell drifted up her nose.

“You know.” William muttered in a low groggy tone as he shifted under her small weight. “Dan’s going to kill me because I’m keeping you to myself.” He breathed against the top of her head.

“Did I wake you?” she asked softly while lifting her head out of his shoulder. Shaking his head he smiled up at her. “What’s Ice Age?” she asked softly. William frowned at the simple words.

Instantly he tipped his head back looking at the television. Smiling at the dvd menu for Ice Age he laughed.

“A really silly movie about animals during the ice age.” He waved a hand lightly not seeing the significance in it. “It’s animated.” He added while getting up lightly and seeing Jade’s wide confused eyes on how they filmed something about the Ice Age when they hadn’t had any camera back then.

“Oh.” She whispered softly. “Your hungry.” She giggled falling back into the couch as Will’s stomach growled loudly, demanding food and coffee. Laying down on his side he wound his arms around her pulling her into him. “No.” she giggled pushing against him playfully. “You can’t eat me, I swear I’m nasty tasting.” Laughing loudly Will pulled her closer to him.

Opening his mouth he bit at her shoulder lightly listening to her giggle under him.

“Actually…” He stated clicking his tongue. “you taste delicious.” He laughed.

“Ew.” Jade laughed hiding her face in his chest.

“Come on let’s get breakfast.” He grumbled lightly while getting up. Jade smiled at him from the couch. “You look beautiful.” He whispered down at her. Her hair was fanned out behind her, her full lips twisted into a small smile, and her large eyes focused on him.

“Your only saying that cause you’re not wearing your glasses.” Jade mumbled as she reached up tapping him on the nose. Laughing he smiled at her. Her fingers trailed down his face before her hand fell next to her own head. “I’m tired.” She mumbled.

“Yeah and I’m hungry.” Jade grabbed his hand shaking.

“Nice to meet you.” She mumbled up at him. Laughing he pulled her up so she was sitting. “No. your evil.” She whined while leaning into him.

“Come on, let’s go eat.” William stated whiled getting up. Grunting Jade followed him to the front of the bus. “Hello?” He asked slowly at the darkness and the fact that the bus was stopped. “Spooky…” he whispered as Jade stopped in the doorway. William tried to flick the lights on. “annoying.” He stated at the lack of lights.

Nibbling her bottom lip she tugged on his shirt. Her heart began beating rapidly in her chest at the lack of lightly or movement on the bus.

“Will.” She squeaked. Turning he looked down at her. “Come back here.” She whispered up at him.

“Why?” He asked softly, confused by her sudden shyness, even for being half sleep.

Pulling on his sleeve a bit rougher she managed to get him to stumbled into the bunk area again. Closing the door she leaned against it.

“What’s wrong?” Will asked quickly watching as she sank to the ground. Turning on the light he jumped as she stood back up turning it off quickly. “Whoa…” He whispered. He’d never seen Jade move so fast even on stage. “What’s wrong?” He asked quickly. Jade wasn’t even look at him. “I’m calling Dan.” He mused pulling out his phone and dialing the number quickly.

“Yes?” Dan asked into his phone watching his drunk friends, band mates, and tour mates dancing around the bus, breaking it in for them.

“Jade’s freaking out.” William whispered lightly catching Dan’s full attention. “Not my fault…I think.” He mumbled watching rock Jade back and forth as she took deep shaky breaths.

“Tell me what happened.” Dan muttered softly, watching as a few people danced around him. Pushing them away he sighed.

“We woke up after watching movies, nothing new. Got up to get food because my stomach’s learned to talk.” William let out a deep breath. “The front of the bus is dead silent, we’re not moving,” Dan’s small smile slipped off his face at that fact. “And all the lights in the front room of the bus won’t turn on. She started freaking out.” He sighed lightly.

“What’d you mean you’re not moving?” Dan asked softly lifting his free hand to try and pluck the words from William’s head to get his answer instantly.

“The road under the tires isn’t rolling? The engine isn’t on…not moving. Standing still like we’re at truck stop.” William back up moving to the back room and peering out the window. “And I don’t think we are at one.”

“Shit.” Dan swore softly. “Where’s the bus driver?” He asked softly.

“Not a clue.” William mumbled moving back to Jade. Sitting next to her he pulled her into her side. Jumping she tensed. “It’s okay.” He whispered down to her. “She’s… freaking.” He stated into his phone.

“Don’t worry.” Dan breathed. “I’m on it.” William blinked startled by the dial tone as Dan looked voer at Aaron. Holding up to fingers he pointed at Jake and Doug dancing around drunk. Pointing back at Aaron he nodded giving a thumbs down.

“Shit.” Aaron swore grabbing the two. “Let’s go sober you guys up.” He smiled at them.

“Why?” Jake giggled. “Albert.” He breathed passing the drunk man.

“Not a clue yet.” He sighed pushing them into the bathroom. Turning the shower on cold he pushed both of them in and blocked the shower door as they both began screaming about the freezing water. “I’ll go figure out though.” He stated breaking the towel wrack of the wall and sliding to between the handles of the shower. “So sit tight.” He laughed as they slammed their hands against the fogged plastic like glass of the showers. “Dan.” He called.

Dan spun on the spot next to the drive, staring at Aaron through the crowd of dancing laughing people. Aaron tapped his brow, pointed at Dan, and then shrugged as his hand formed a circle for zero.

Dan simply pointed at his heart before holding up his index finger.

“Shit.” Aaron whispered heading back to the shower as everyone watched between the two. “We’ve got a situation one close to the chest.” He stated up at Doug and Jake peering at him through the small shower doors.

“How close?” Jake coughed. “And can we come out? I can’t feel my toes.” He added softly. Nodding Aaron pulled the towel wrack out of the shower handles and them the out.

“Thanks.” They both nodded heading back out into the front room. Everyone froze at the sight of their dripping forms.

“I need you dried, dressed off and ready to go.” Dan stated passing them. Nodding they headed back to the bathroom to dry off. “Oliver I need you to track…” Pausing he pulled his phone out dialing Jade’s number.

Dan frowned at the ringing coming out of Jade’s bunk.

“Track William’s phone. You know his number.” He stated hanging up his phone calling William. “Whatever you do, don’t call anyone but me.” He sighed into the phone.

“Okay, why?” He asked softly.

“I don’t know what’s going on yet.” Dan mused softly eyeing the guests that were quickly sobering up by the sudden serious tone the others had taken.

“Okay. I won’t.” William muttered confused. “But it’s just the lack of lights…it’s nothing serious.” He stated softly.

“I know but still.” Dan sighed. “Put Jade on.”

William passed Jade his phone.

“Hey Jade.” Dan cooed into the phone. “What’s wrong?” he asked softly. The music had turned off.

“It’s him. It’s him.” she breathed into the phone still rocking back and forth. She was lost in the darkness of her past. She could still she the silhouette standing in the door frame, bat in hand laughing at her, trying to coax her out of her hiding place.

“Don’t worry sweety.” Dan sighed into the phone as he spun looking at Aaron. Pointing at his eyes and then Aaron’s he gave a thumbs down. Nodding Aaron moved to the front of the bus.

“What the hell is going on?” Michael asked softly.

“Yeah what’s with the hand signs and the serious over tone?” Patrick asked softly. Dan turned to Oliver.

“Oliver I want that location in under five minutes.”

“I’m drunk.” Oliver screamed from the back of the bus as he clicked away on his laptop in a sloppy manor.

“Don’t make me have you thrown in the shower.” Dan stated heading to the back as Doug moved to the front in nothing but a pair of dry boxers and pants.

“Oh on a side note,” Doug stated to the group. “Dan is a mob boss and the son of a pissed off, hate filled, angry ex-marine. We know shit and the shit we know never comes with a rainbow or sunshine.” He stated as he leaned over the bus driver. “When are we stopping?” He asked with a small smile.

“What the hell is going on?” Sisky yelled, arms raised.

“We’ve got an It’s Him out of Jade.” Dan yelled. “Oliver, four minutes and counting.”

“Jade just calm down.” William whispered hugging her into her chest. “I’ll prove to you, there is nothing out there.” He stated. Jade latched onto him. “Okay, Okay, I won’t go.” He whispered wrapping his arms around her.

“I know it’s him. I know it.” She whispered into his chest, her arms wound around him tightly. Nodding he kissed the top of her head gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter comes from watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith and wanting more drama and confusion in the story.
enjoy. XD