Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

What can you do in twenty eight seconds?

Jade bounded up and down on the couch a wide smile on her face as she raised her arms flexing her scrawny, thin arms. The guys laughed at her as they went about their business.

Screaming as an arm wound around her waist, she clung to it as it pulled her backwards. Turning she looked at William holding her.

“Who gave you sugar?” he asked simply as he sat down with her in his lap. He felt someone like a care taker for a small child than a boyfriend.

“No one.” She giggled up at him. Frowning he nodded while glancing over his shoulder. “Doug you’re dead.” He called. Doug looked up from his phone.

“Why?” He asked simply only to watch William sigh as Jade stood up jumping away from him. “Oh…” He pointed over at Jake drinking a red bull.

“Jake you’re dead.” William laughed as Jade looked over Pete’s shoulder. He was playing poker with Sisky, Dan, The Butcher, Elliot, and Jersey. He watched as she lifted two fingers tipped side ways and then made a zero and looked through it.

“What’re you doing?” Pete asked with out even looking up.

“Being a pirate.” She giggled while looking around the room, her other hand raised four fingers pointed down. “You wanna be pirate?” She asked simply.

“Nope, I wanna win this hand.” Pete mused. Nodding she skipped away from him as Sisky and Butcher rubbed their chins. Last time William checked they had made a deal with her. If she gave up Pete’s card via secret hand codes they’d give her something in return. He still hadn’t figure out what it was, but at the moment he was guessing sugar.

“I’m bored and lonely.” He called lightly. The guys all groaned as Jade bounced over to him, wrapping her arms around him tightly. “Thank you.” He smiled at her, hugging her back. Quickly falling over he pinned her small body under his.

“No fair!” She yelled swatting at him as her stomach twisted into tight knots. He still made her nervous, no matter what she did, how long she was around him. He made her insides go crazy and her face flush. “You cheated.” She whispered. William propped himself up on his elbows, the rest of his body weight still pressing down on her.

“I know.” He smiled down at her.

“How do you keep doing that!” Sisky yelled getting everyone’s attention. Dan shrugged lightly taking the money and random items in the middle of the table.

“Maybe I actually know how to play.” He shrugged, a smile on his face.

“He cheats.” Jade stated simply. Sisky frowned, at the moment he was the one cheating. “I mean massively. He’s physic and reads your minds to figure out what cards you have.” She nodded enthusiastically as the guys all turned to him. At the moment nothing Dan, or anyone in Six Feet High did or could do, would surprise them now.

“Actually I just know how to play and the one person I can’t beat it currently pinned to the couch and she doesn’t even know what poker is.” He laughed. Jade giggled.

“I don’t. I just like the drawings on the front.” She giggled pressing her fingers into William’s side.

Yelping he jumped up holding is sides.

“Success!” She screamed running away from him.

“That was mean.” William pouted at her.

“Stop being cute, it’s annoying.” Patrick sighed from the corner. His legs were crossed over Aaron’s on the foot rest, both reading different books to kill time.

“Sorry.” Jade grumbled lightly.

“Jade come play with us.” Pete called, he wanted to see Jade kick Dan’s ass.

“Play what?” She asked smiling at them. The conversation from moments ago lost in the airy spacey she called a memory.

“Poker?” He questioned slowly.

“What’s poker?” She giggled at him while skipping over to the table. Dan laughed.

“Told you.” He grumbled as the guys frowned.

“It’s a card game.” Jersey smiled up at her. He, Elliot, and the rest of Hey Monday where the only one’s still out of the loop of Jade’s insane Asylum status.

“I like card games.” She muttered as Dan pulled a chair up next to him. Patting it he tossed the cards to Elliot to deal, he was the only one at the table that everyone trusted to deal right. “Yay!” She giggled sitting down as the five cards were passed to her. Leaning back she looked at them.

“You wanna trade any of your cards out?” Dan asked softly. Jade placed two card face down on the table. Two sevens, she wanted the cards with the pretty people painted on them.

“Yay!” She giggled at her new cards.

“You have a bad poker face.” Sisky laughed at her. She frowned, confused by the statement.

“A run.” Dan stated the guys all nodded as he laid he cards down.

“Is two of the A’s good with three of the pretty ladies?” Jade asked lightly while lifting the two ace’s to everyone, watching as they all blinked confused. “What?” She asked simply as Dan took all her cards laying them on the table. Two Ace’s, three queens, and a six.

“She…she wins…” Elliot stuttered softly. Jade smiled

“That’s a good thing right?” She asked. Everyone nodded.

“I say we stop betting till you realize she’s amazing at this game.” Dan stated softly. Everyone blinked confused.

“This is poker Dan.” Pete stated.

“I’m telling you she’s good.” Dan laughed loudly. “Like…watching her do a Rubix cube good.” He stated.

“Umm…listen to what you just said.” Jersey stated. Dan sighed.

“Where’s the Rubix cube?” He asked. Jade smiled at the fact that Dan’s complex to prove he was right when he was in right kicking in.

“I’ll get it!” Jake yelled running from the room, his red bull kicking in.

“I’ve got it.” Oliver sighed standing up and placing his laptop on the table open to a youtube page. “Watch closely.” He stated.

Everyone frowned as it started to place.

The screen black a white words appeared.

what can you do in twenty-eight seconds?

The words changed.

Dan can…

Dan blinked at the camera. A small glowing clock began ticking in the corner.

“Hey Dan… what’s up?” Oliver asked from the other side of the camera. Dan raised a brow at the camera before walking away. "Get back here." Oliver yelled, Dan waved his hand.

"I've got things to do." Dan called.

"Like what?" Dan shrugged before turning a corner.

Dan can avoid a question in twenty eight seconds.
Dan can also make you laugh in twenty-eight seconds.


“So…” Dan sighed as he sat in the van, cards in his hands as he shook his head. “I was like…”He lifted his hands while shaking his head. “Rawr you fucking demon.” He growled before shrugging, his face it’s usually blank self as he lowered his arms. “The little thing shit on the carpet, my mom freaked, I punted the thing over the back fence. Problem solved no more Chiwhawha. Everyone but me was pissed.” The guys all laughed as Dan glared at Oliver.

The screen went black before the words appeared.

Jake can…

Jake began pulling off his cloths screaming. The video footage stopped as he went to remove his boxes

Jake can completely strip and scar people in under twenty eight seconds.
Jake can also scare the crap out of you in twenty eight second.


Jake stood out in the middle of what looked like nowhere, a table in front of him as he lifted a large rifle. Blowing into it he put the gun power in followed by the wadding and the bullet cases. Laughing manically he flicked his wrist, the chamber closing.

Doug can…

“You want me to what?” Doug asked looking at the blurred out face of a fan. “I don’t think I can do that…Hope about…” he laughed. “If I get you a t-shirt for that.” He pointed at her drink. The girl blinked started looking at her redbull.

“Yeah…okay…” She laughed. Holding the un-opened drink to him, he smiled.

“Be back.” He stated taking the drink and running off. “Success.” He hissed in the camera as he passed it.

Doug can can con you out of your redbull in twenty eight seconds.
He can also eat three big mac meals…don’t blink on this one.


Doug wiggled his fingers at the meals before him. Sisky was clearly sitting next to him in the booth enjoying his meal. Doug almost inhales the food.

“Holy shit… did you already eat all that?” Sisky yelled looking over at the empty tray as Doug shoved that last bit of surviving Big Mac in his mouth.

“He’s Kirby.” Aaron’s soft voice rang from off camera.

“I…how’d…” Doug looked around.

“I’m still hungry.” He stated as he swallowed his food.

Aaron can…

Aaron licked his fingers as he took a small booklet from a girl. Quickly he flipped through it, eyes shifting quickly.

“That’s really sweet.” He laughed softly. “Thank you…you didn’t have to do this.” He mused gently holding it back out to her.

Aaron can read a total of eight pages in twenty eight seconds.
Aaron can also make you feel sorry for him for no apparent reason.


“Come on.” Aaron stated up at Jake, clearly annoyed. “That’s not fair.” He sighed softly. “You know what forget, you never care anyway. Keep it.” He whispered softly while shaking his head as he sat down with a wave of his hand, eyes focused on the ground below him.

“Here.” Jake grumbled handing him something.

“Thanks man.” Aaron smiled while quickly rushing off.

“Hey! That wasn’t even yours was it?” Jake yelled. Aaron’s loud laughter rang thought as the video faded back

Jade can…

“That’s sooo cool.” Jade gasped at the item some blurred boy was holding out to her. It was clearly meant to be a drawing of her gone horribly wrong. “That’s amazing.” She whispered. The boy nodded walking away as she waved looking down at the drawing. Turning she held it out to Dan. “What is it?” She whispered gently. Dan shrugged, at a loss for words as his hands moved around, showing how utterly confused and lost he was.

Jade can make you fell better about your self and confuse Dan in twenty eight seconds.
Jade can also do this…


“Do I have to?” Jade sighed into the camera like the little kid she was.

“Yes, hold it up.” Huffing she held up the mixed up rubix cube. “Now…everyone watch closely. Clock starting now…” The decent sized clock in the corner nearly doubled in size and began counting as Jade quickly twisted the block this way and that.

Huffing she held up the completely block as the clock stopped counting as exactly twenty eight seconds.

“There, are you happy?” She asked annoyed.

“Yes.” Oliver laughed as the screen went back.

What can you do in twenty eight second?

The video ended.

“Holy shit…I just learned a lot.” Sisky whispered looking up at Jade. “And you are hilarious.” He pointed at Dan who frowned.

“I got it!” Jake yelled running into the room. Jade frowned at the mixed colors on the block. She hated that thing. She didn’t see the point in constantly getting the colors right if people were just going to mess it up later anyway. “Dude you showed the video?” Jake asked softly.

“You scare me.” Jersey stated as he left the room. Not wanting to be around the freak who’d loaded a gun the way he did.

“Why?” Jake asked confused.

“The video…” Dan tried slowly. Jake nodded in understand meant.

“Do you have other videos?” Butcher asked. Oliver nodded clicking on one titled: Can you find Aaron? “What?” He laughed as the other leaned in watching the screen. A video of people talking and moving equipment up on the stage showed up. Half the screen was busy, the other screen was really silent. As the words ‘find Aaron’ flashed in the middle of the screen for a few seconds before fading.

They all scanned the video before something on the couch sat up several minutes later and walked off, an arrow following the figure that seemed to blend into the white emptiness of half the video.

“Holy shit…he’s super stealth.” Pete yelled as Jade tapped her fingers against the table.

“Are we still playing?” Jade whined slightly. The guys shook their head as they scrolled though the videos finding ‘Can you find Aaron 2’.

Groaning she got up wandering over to William laying on the couch, arm over his eyes. Sitting on him she tapped her fingers over his chest. Lifting his arm he smiled at her.

“What?” he asked softly. She shrugged. “Bored?” She nodded. Shifting he patted his chest. Laying down her arms wound around his middle as he draped and over her shoulders.