Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

27

All the members of fall out boy stared on at the flocks of vampires tearing down the warehouse dubbed their home.

“Now what?” Andy asked gently. They had no home, no where to go. Nothing. Pete’s eyes were scanning the crowd of vampires.

“Pete.” Pat asked gently as he watched his band mate.

“I don’t know.” Pete whispered gently. “They’ve taken our home.” He stated simply. The music started playing, the classic opening line of ‘if home is where the heart is then were all just fucked’ following.

‘You’ve been a vampire longer than us.’ Joe’s words appeared at the bottom of the screen. Pete closed his eyes. The screen flashing with fire and people in bright colors parading around before he opened his eyes looking at his friends confused. ‘There’s got to be something we can do’ he stated simply Pete frowned.

‘The father’ Pete whispered as a room with tattered cream walls, a large desk and the back of a chair came to mind. ‘We’ll go to the father’ He stated heading away from the building, leaving his band mates confused. All three shrugged before following him.

Kicking open a door Andy waved his arms from the others to go in. Shaking his head pat walked through the now broken door as Pete smiled following him in. All four stopped as Jake and Doug came into view, booth sitting on couches on opposite walls. Both men stood as Albert looked up from his book.

‘What?’ Albert asked simply as he kicked his feet up on the reception desk.

‘We’re looking for someone.’ Joe stated simply. Albert raised a brow.

‘Who could you be looking for here?’ He teased, a smirk on his face as he let his book close over one of his fingers.

‘What do you care?’ Pete snapped. Albert looked over at Jake and gave a sharp head nod before opening his book again while Doug watched them.

Waving his hand lightly Jake turned heading down a hallway past different open doors, different scenes happening behind them. Two people making out in one, a group of people fighting in one, four mascots standing in one, four women dressed up in seducing outfits in another, the boys of All Time Low in brightly colored outfits, Gabe, Ryan Ross Standing over Jade in a protective way in their bright outfits and Aaron just in the back ground of each different scene, walking with in step with the boys, watching them, stalking them through each room. William, Brendon, Spencer and a few other dandies, in the background and mixed in with the group fighting.

Jake knocked on the only closed door on the hallway before pushing it open and waving a hand.

‘Watch your tongue’ Jake stated simply before walking back down the hallway, vanishing halfway down it.

Glancing at each other Pete pushed the door the rest of the way open. The room was large with faded cream walls a large cherry wood desk with nothing on it but a small lamp. The back of a large leather chair pointed at them, Aaron sat in the corner hardly noticeable in the shadows.

‘What?’ appeared on the bottom of the screen.

‘We need your help.’ Pete stated, his brows narrowed as he stepped forward. The chair rotated slowly. Dan sat before them with half open eyes. he leaned on the desk with folded hands as his blonde hair fell in his brown eyes.

‘My help doesn’t come cheap.’ He stated with a straight face. The boys of Fall Out Boy nodded slowly. ‘what do you want?’ the music stopped as Pete squared his shoulders.

“We want your help in getting rid of the dandies.” He snapped bitterly. Dan leaned back in his chair, watching them as he folded his hands infront of his face.

“That’s a big favor.” Dan’s voice was low a scratch as always while holding his usual tone of authority.

“You scratch our backs, will starch yours.” Andy stated simply. Dan licked his lips and glanced over at Aaron, for once being completely noticed in the whole scene.

“Bring it.” Dan stated. A box slammed on the desk, Dan opened it as the music started again. ‘a heart belongs here. Bring me the heart of an anchor.’ With that he slammed the lid closed and threw it at them. Joe barely caught the box.

‘the heart of an anchor? Anchor’s don’t have hearts.’ Pat stated clearly confused.

‘anchors aren’t always objects. And this anchor is usually brightly colored.’ Dan nodded with a small nod, teasing them.

‘what kind of anchor?’ Pete asked simply. ‘or what does this anchor, anchor down?’ he tried simply. Dan smirked before rotating his chair.

‘a performance of freaks’ the boys glanced at each other before Jake and Doug pushed them out. They landed on a wet cobble street. Rubbing their heads they got up a bright glow of orange and yellow falling over them, a green and pink light flashing every now and then.

Pat glanced over his shoulder as Pete kicked a rock towards the city glowing up at them.

‘That guy was a waist of time.’ Andy glared down at the city. Pat tapped Pete on the shoulder, pointing up at the bright colors.

‘Maybe not, a performance of freaks?” Pat asked eyeing the large brightly lit circus tents, a rotating ferries wheel and other ride behind them.

‘one way to find out.’ Nodding as the simple words they headed up. A picture of Jack floating over the flames coming from Alex’s hands, Rian stood on one picture looking like a ring master as Zack held up Gabe in one hand as he held Jade up, her legs crossed as she smiled sweetly while sitting on his hand. The next poster was of Ryan Ross in his old rose vest taming several lions and what looked like vampires behind them. Jade stood in one picture on a set of bed of nails. In many of the posters Jade was either a dominate factor and a background factor.

‘the heart of a an anchor?’ Pat asked as he they looked at the posters. Behind them in the dark, dreary shadows of the trailers Brendon stood watching them. Nodding he looked over at William sitting on a red clown car, a cup of tea in his hands. Smiling William nodded at Brendon then looked over at Spencer by the tent flaps and nodded as well.

‘no’ Pete stated and pointed to the red, curved design of necklace that formed a heart. ‘the heart of an anchor’ he stated. The camera focusing on the picture

‘well that’s literal.’ Andy nodded over as Joe as he spoke. William, Brendon, and Spencer gone from the back ground as they all glanced back at the poster

‘let’s go.’ Pete stated. Turning they headed inside as the performance started.

Lights swirled and danced as Alex tried lighting things on fire as Jack tossed them into the air telepathically. Rian waved his hand over to Gabe stretching his arm around several poles to tap Alex on the shoulder, startling the man to blow fire everywhere. People screams and laughed as the music faded slightly for the sounds. Gabe’s arm shot back to him before Alex could see it. He placed his hand over his mouth trying to look innocent while pointing above him. Jade Danced around Jack and Alex, playing with the items every once in a while

The spot lights shifted as everyone in the middle of the ring moved to the side lounging innocently. Ryan began taming his lions as Jade sat on perched on his broad shoulder.

Zack picked one up throwing it over his shoulder. Ryan frowned hitting him with his cane commanding that he put the animal down. Doing as told Zack stalked over to the others lounging as well.

“Now,” The music ended as Rian lifted his arms, his voice booming. “What you’ve all been waiting for!” He called. Every one of the circus performers moved from their lounged positions. Jack moved to the top of one of the support beams of the circus, Alex stood lit the safety net on fire as Zack lifted of tank of water putting it under the burning net. Gabe casually stretched himself up next to Jack who held his hands ready, focusing on the two floating polls between the main posts. Ryan made his lions circle the small tank of water. “The main act.” The other large pole lit up showing Jade standing on it, dancing slightly.

“She not wearing it.” Pete stated as the camera zoomed in on the fact that Jade wasn’t wearing the heart necklace.

“Are you looking for this?” all four of them spun to look at William swaying the necklace at them as the performance began behind them. Jade and Gabe swinging like trapeze artist, Gabe stretching to each bar as Jade flipped.

Growling Pete lunching himself at William. He slid across the dirt as he missed. Slamming his hand against the ground he glanced back up at the circus performers.

“Now what?” Joe asked gently. The screen faded to black as the bold white words To Be Continued… appeared across the screen.