Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Tangled With In

With its horrible seventies styled plaid print and its hard seats it had sadly become his best friend. No one wanted to hang out with a gimp.
Well… no one wanted to hang out with him.
But the couch, the couch was always there with the friend and completely inviting television perched before it.

Grunting he stood up slowly, his limbs still hurt. Grabbing the long, thick piece of wood leaning on the arm of the couch he leaned most his weight on it. He never thought he’d see the day he was using a cane before he was thirty. Thee William Beckett needed a cane to walk even short distances.

Huffing and puffing he slowly made his way to the kitchen for a glass of water and old left over Chinese food.

The sharp ringing off his phone made him nearly sprint to the couch and coffee table. Heatedly he answered the phone.

“Hello?” He gasped into the receiver.

Did you just run?” Came from the other end of the phone. Signing he Will ran a hand through his hair slowly. “You know you’re not suppose to run. You’re suppose to take it slow. Hell how could you even run to the phone if you can barely run?

“What’d you want Sisky?” Will huffed into the phone.

Sorry I was worried about you getting fat on that couch.” Sisky laughed into the phone.

“Yea well…thanks.” Will whispered gently as he hobbled his way back to his kitchen.

She still hasn’t called?” Sisky whispered softly.

“I will hang up on you.” William growled into the phone.

Do you think she forgot how to use the phone? I mean…she could barely use one before…” William closed his phone and stuffed it into pocket. He had warned the man he would hang up. It wasn’t like William hadn’t thought of all the possible reasons. He’d thought of everything, everything. He was even close to blaming Dan for her not calling yet. It seemed like a Dan thing to do. Make sure she’s better before letting anyone she or talk to her. Hell she didn’t even answer her phone, whether she called him or not she always answered the weird ringing object in her pocket. That never failed.

Throwing a freezer pizza in the microwave he slammed the microwave door shut, ignoring the ringing in his pocket and the knocking at the door.

“It’s open!” He screamed frustrated. The thought of her not being around or calling always made him frustrated. Hearing the door open he signed. “If you were coming over why are you still calling…holy shit.” He whispered at the small girl standing in his kitchen doorway.

She didn’t look any different. Smiling she blinked at him several times before giggling at him. The only difference he could see in her was the large black framed glasses in front of her eyes making her already large green eyes more or a feature. The frames drew his attention right to her eyes, more so than before.

“Holy shit.” He whispered.

“You know I don’t like people swearing in front of her.” Will’s eyes darted up to Dan leaning in the doorway next to the small girl. “Nice cane.” He added pointing at the wood object under Will’s right hand.

“Thanks.” Will whispered, looking back at the giggling girl. A smile etched its way onto his face. There was nothing wrong with her. He did get the worse of it. A weight lifted off his shoulders instantly. “Why are you wearing glasses?” He laughed softly.

“Cause I need them like you silly!” She giggled slowly walking over to him.

His heart stopped as he arms wound around his waist and she leaned into him.

Laughing nervously he placed his left arm around her small shoulders.

“I missed you.” Will whispered.

Giggling into his chest she looked up at him, a bright smile on her face.

“I missed you too.” She whispered back. Laughing William dropped his cane leaning on her as he wrapped both his arms around her tightly. The sudden weight on his leg made him grimace in pain but he didn’t care. She was in his arms.

“Okay okay.” Dan stated as Will pressed his lips to Jade’s. “I’m still in the room.” He called turning around leaving. “Wait till I leave. Please and thank-you.” He called.

Laughing loudly Jade leaned into Will more, putting more pressure on his bad leg.

“Ow.” Huffing he leaned against the counter quickly, lifting his weight off his leg.

“What…did I hurt you?” Jade gasped jumping back several feet watching him closely.

“No.” He whispered reaching out to her. Grabbing her gently he pulled her back into him, wrapping both arms around her. “I’m fine.” He hushed into her hair.

“Are you sure?” She gasped worriedly.

“Never better.” He breathed. Nodding she gave him a tight squeeze, a worried look still painted on her face. She didn’t want him to be hurt. She wasn’t hurt anymore. Sure some mornings she couldn’t get out of bed and other days it hurt to get up, but after that she was fine unless she sat down for too long. “You got taller.” Will commented pulling her out of her thoughts.

“Huh?” Jade whispered looking up at him. A smile etched on his features made her smile grow.

“You’re taller. I don’t have to lean over as far.” He noted. He’d memorized everything about her. The way she laughed, the way she stood, how she felt in his arms, everything.

“No I’m not.” She whispered softly. She didn’t feel taller.” William nodded pressing his lips to her forehead; jade instantly leaned into the touch.

“Yes you are.” He stated. “God I missed you so fucking much.” He whispered in her ear.

“I missed you too.” Jade whispered. Pulling his face to hers she pressed her lips to his. She had missed this over the past few days of being in and out of the hospital. A soft whine left William’s lips. He’d missed her soft lips so much.

They stood in front of Will’s beeping microwave sharing soft kisses and slowly roaming hands.

“Nothing dirty!!” Dan screamed as he made himself comfortable on Will’s couch and flipping through channels.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait I don't have internet right now, workin' 2 jobs, and going to school.
I didn't mean to just drop of the face of the planet.
I am working on all my stories. I just don't have time or anywhere to post them really.
Thanks for stickin' round so long. :]